49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 609 users in the forums

49ers trade Bruce to St. Louis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
I've looked on both NFL.com and Pro Football Talk and I don't see where Bruce is being traded for...ANYTHING.

Well, the guy was a great pro. He didn't give the 49ers much, but hopefully our young guys learned something from the dude. Class, if nothing else.

Yah, nevermind that its on their OFFICIAL site!!!!

I don't see where on the official site it says anything about what we get in return?

(not that I expect anything)
It may be a financial thing, but I think it's more likely that it was a trade out of respect for the classy veteran. Getting traded back to your old team sounds better than getting cut from your last team and the resigned for 1 day.
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,351
Though his production on the field was nothing special, he set a great example for the young receivers on the team. I recall Josh Morgan saying how much he learned just watching Bruce run his patterns and his overall professionalism on the field.

A great pro, he will be first ballot HOF.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I thought we'd at least get a 2nd rounder for him.

Let's be realistic - I think a 5th sounds about right. WTF Niners?

Fire Baalke now
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
I've looked on both NFL.com and Pro Football Talk and I don't see where Bruce is being traded for...ANYTHING.

Well, the guy was a great pro. He didn't give the 49ers much, but hopefully our young guys learned something from the dude. Class, if nothing else.

Yah, nevermind that its on their OFFICIAL site!!!!

I don't see where on the official site it says anything about what we get in return?

(not that I expect anything)

WE DO NOT GET ANYTHING, THIS WAS A FRIENDLY GESTURE TO ISAAC BRUCE, HE WAS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH US SO WE TRADED HIM TO THE RAMS FOR NOTHING. I REPEAT WE TRADED BRUCE FOR NOTHING SO HE CAN RETIRE A RAM INSTEAD OF A 49ER, AGAIN WE TRADED HIM FOR NOTHING
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
I've looked on both NFL.com and Pro Football Talk and I don't see where Bruce is being traded for...ANYTHING.

Well, the guy was a great pro. He didn't give the 49ers much, but hopefully our young guys learned something from the dude. Class, if nothing else.

Yah, nevermind that its on their OFFICIAL site!!!!

I don't see where on the official site it says anything about what we get in return?

(not that I expect anything)

WE DO NOT GET ANYTHING, THIS WAS A FRIENDLY GESTURE TO ISAAC BRUCE, HE WAS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH US SO WE TRADED HIM TO THE RAMS FOR NOTHING. I REPEAT WE TRADED BRUCE FOR NOTHING SO HE CAN RETIRE A RAM INSTEAD OF A 49ER, AGAIN WE TRADED HIM FOR NOTHING

So... we get nothing for him?






























Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
I've looked on both NFL.com and Pro Football Talk and I don't see where Bruce is being traded for...ANYTHING.

Well, the guy was a great pro. He didn't give the 49ers much, but hopefully our young guys learned something from the dude. Class, if nothing else.

Yah, nevermind that its on their OFFICIAL site!!!!

I don't see where on the official site it says anything about what we get in return?

(not that I expect anything)

WE DO NOT GET ANYTHING, THIS WAS A FRIENDLY GESTURE TO ISAAC BRUCE, HE WAS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH US SO WE TRADED HIM TO THE RAMS FOR NOTHING. I REPEAT WE TRADED BRUCE FOR NOTHING SO HE CAN RETIRE A RAM INSTEAD OF A 49ER, AGAIN WE TRADED HIM FOR NOTHING

NO NEED TO YELL!!! I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR CONFIRMATION SINCE IT DOESN'T SAY EITHER WAY. IF IT'S NOTHING, THEY COULD HAVE CLARIFIED IT AS SUCH. THANK YOU. CAPS off...
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
I've looked on both NFL.com and Pro Football Talk and I don't see where Bruce is being traded for...ANYTHING.

Well, the guy was a great pro. He didn't give the 49ers much, but hopefully our young guys learned something from the dude. Class, if nothing else.

Yah, nevermind that its on their OFFICIAL site!!!!

I don't see where on the official site it says anything about what we get in return?

(not that I expect anything)

WE DO NOT GET ANYTHING, THIS WAS A FRIENDLY GESTURE TO ISAAC BRUCE, HE WAS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH US SO WE TRADED HIM TO THE RAMS FOR NOTHING. I REPEAT WE TRADED BRUCE FOR NOTHING SO HE CAN RETIRE A RAM INSTEAD OF A 49ER, AGAIN WE TRADED HIM FOR NOTHING

So... we get nothing for him?































Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
I've looked on both NFL.com and Pro Football Talk and I don't see where Bruce is being traded for...ANYTHING.

Well, the guy was a great pro. He didn't give the 49ers much, but hopefully our young guys learned something from the dude. Class, if nothing else.

Yah, nevermind that its on their OFFICIAL site!!!!

I don't see where on the official site it says anything about what we get in return?

(not that I expect anything)

WE DO NOT GET ANYTHING, THIS WAS A FRIENDLY GESTURE TO ISAAC BRUCE, HE WAS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH US SO WE TRADED HIM TO THE RAMS FOR NOTHING. I REPEAT WE TRADED BRUCE FOR NOTHING SO HE CAN RETIRE A RAM INSTEAD OF A 49ER, AGAIN WE TRADED HIM FOR NOTHING

I think we'll get a 2030 7rd pick or maybe last Christmas's fruit cake...
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
I've looked on both NFL.com and Pro Football Talk and I don't see where Bruce is being traded for...ANYTHING.

Well, the guy was a great pro. He didn't give the 49ers much, but hopefully our young guys learned something from the dude. Class, if nothing else.

Yah, nevermind that its on their OFFICIAL site!!!!

I don't see where on the official site it says anything about what we get in return?

(not that I expect anything)

WE DO NOT GET ANYTHING, THIS WAS A FRIENDLY GESTURE TO ISAAC BRUCE, HE WAS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH US SO WE TRADED HIM TO THE RAMS FOR NOTHING. I REPEAT WE TRADED BRUCE FOR NOTHING SO HE CAN RETIRE A RAM INSTEAD OF A 49ER, AGAIN WE TRADED HIM FOR NOTHING


!!!!
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
I've looked on both NFL.com and Pro Football Talk and I don't see where Bruce is being traded for...ANYTHING.

Well, the guy was a great pro. He didn't give the 49ers much, but hopefully our young guys learned something from the dude. Class, if nothing else.

Yah, nevermind that its on their OFFICIAL site!!!!

I don't see where on the official site it says anything about what we get in return?

(not that I expect anything)

WE DO NOT GET ANYTHING, THIS WAS A FRIENDLY GESTURE TO ISAAC BRUCE, HE WAS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH US SO WE TRADED HIM TO THE RAMS FOR NOTHING. I REPEAT WE TRADED BRUCE FOR NOTHING SO HE CAN RETIRE A RAM INSTEAD OF A 49ER, AGAIN WE TRADED HIM FOR NOTHING

NO NEED TO YELL!!! I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR CONFIRMATION SINCE IT DOESN'T SAY EITHER WAY. IF IT'S NOTHING, THEY COULD HAVE CLARIFIED IT AS SUCH. THANK YOU. CAPS off...

CAPS ON. IF YOU READ THE OTA THREAD IT HAS CONFIRMATION FROM MAIOCCO THAT THE TRADE WAS FOR NOTHING










We get a 2010 roster spot, in the trade.
I hope we at least get a pack of baby backs and a 6 pack.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone