LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

All Respect For Lowell Cohn Is Lost (UPDATED)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Agreed the guys a bad writer. i miss matty
I've hated this guy for years, he looks like:

And sounds like:
Let it go fellas, he is just a chihuaha, incesessently yapping, just need to get a newspaper and b***h slap the old dog. You know how their kind are, looking for attention. I mean seriously look at him, he is in dire need of a BJ than any white man in history, probably wants it from the gay newsome guy to or is it vice versa?
What York said was a veiled threat to move the team if Santa clara didn't pass the stadium.

Let's support the owners that field non playoff teams anyway.
It's hard to lose respect for a guy who never had any.
Originally posted by Fhysical:
What York said was a veiled threat to move the team if Santa clara didn't pass the stadium.

Word.

I don't understand the hate towards Cohn and Kawakami. And the devout homerism toward an ownership group that has done nothing.

All they do is state non homer opinions about BA sports. Mean ol' writers!

Some of you need to wake up and realize that the Yorks don't give a damn
about you and me. All they care about is their bottom line.

And they will not hesitate to move this team if things don't go their way.

Even if the vote does pass. Its no slam dunk the stadium gets built.

Like Timmy said. They by far aren't the strongest ownership group in football, and still do not have all the funds locked up. Stadium vote or not.
Originally posted by jonomax:
Agreed the guys a bad writer. i miss matty

He's still around. I actually like what he's doing now much better. He interviews players and gives more inside info. http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/niners
Originally posted by bjghum:

Word.

I don't understand the hate towards Cohn and Kawakami. And the devout homerism toward an ownership group that has done nothing.

Like Timmy said. They by far aren't the strongest ownership group in football, and still do not have all the funds locked up. Stadium vote or not.

Because Jed York never said the words "LOS ANGELES" or "LA." Neither did Maiocco.

All of this is a gigantic, speculative load of s**t. But hey, Timmy still thinks we're WITHOUT A DOUBT gonna draft Jimmy Clausen. He has sources.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Word.

Because Jed York never said the words "LOS ANGELES" or "LA." Neither did Maiocco.

All of this is a gigantic, speculative load of s**t. But hey, Timmy still thinks we're WITHOUT A DOUBT gonna draft Jimmy Clausen. He has sources.

Yeah, that was pretty irresponsible.

agreed.....there's a difference between writing one's opinion and simply stirring up s**t for the sake of nothing.
Originally posted by Lifer:
Here's the real story from the guy who actually did the interview that Cohn has chosen to twist:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/29/10/Maiocco-49ers-of-LA-No-Way/landing.html?full_args=05/29/10/Maiocco-49ers-of-LA-No-Way/landing&blockID=243731&feedID=5936

What does Matt say?

"Niners president and CEO Jed York never said "L.A." or "Los Angeles" when I interviewed him this week. I said it for him. And he answered. He said the 49ers have not discussed a move out of the Bay Area. But, he noted, the best way for the 49ers to be guaranteed a permanent home here is to win the ballot measure in Santa Clara on June 8."

Cohn has chosen to take that very measured statement and twist it into the basis for a rant. Look, we already know where Cohn stands. He's made it abundantly clear that he wants a 49er stadium in San Francisco. You know what? So do I. But that ship sailed a long time ago. San Francisco blew it. Mayor Willie Brown did everything in his power to get a stadium deal done in SF, but the city council and the special interest groups shot him down.

As the Santa Clara deal gets closer to becoming a reality, voices in San Francisco are becoming more strident. SF's posture up 'til now has been "Don't worry. They'll be back." Now people like Cohn realize that the 49ers really do have other options... and they're freaking out. By labeling the Yorks as "low level thugs," and twisting a neutral statement into "bullying" and "threats," Cohn is trying to shift the blame away from where it belongs: the city of San Francisco and the political leaders who gave nothing but cold comfort to a team that brought them five championships.

POTW

What do you expect from a J-O-O.....

-Cartman
"What's at stake is making sure the 49ers have a permanent home in the Bay Area for the next 40 or 50 years," York said this week in an exclusive interview with Comcast SportsNet.

A little vauge? Sure. Does he mention LA? No. Where the hell else would they go?
Milpitas? LOL. The card is clearly being played.
"What's at stake is making sure the 49ers have a permanent home in the Bay Area for the next 40 or 50 years," York said this week in an exclusive interview with Comcast SportsNet.

A little vauge? Sure. Does he mention LA? No. Where the hell else would they go?

Um, no it's not. Jesus dude. They need a stadium. A lot is at stake. Where does he say the word "move" in that sentence?
Originally posted by Lifer:
Here's the real story from the guy who actually did the interview that Cohn has chosen to twist:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/29/10/Maiocco-49ers-of-LA-No-Way/landing.html?full_args=05/29/10/Maiocco-49ers-of-LA-No-Way/landing&blockID=243731&feedID=5936

What does Matt say?

"Niners president and CEO Jed York never said "L.A." or "Los Angeles" when I interviewed him this week. I said it for him. And he answered. He said the 49ers have not discussed a move out of the Bay Area. But, he noted, the best way for the 49ers to be guaranteed a permanent home here is to win the ballot measure in Santa Clara on June 8."

Cohn has chosen to take that very measured statement and twist it into the basis for a rant. Look, we already know where Cohn stands. He's made it abundantly clear that he wants a 49er stadium in San Francisco. You know what? So do I. But that ship sailed a long time ago. San Francisco blew it. Mayor Willie Brown did everything in his power to get a stadium deal done in SF, but the city council and the special interest groups shot him down.

As the Santa Clara deal gets closer to becoming a reality, voices in San Francisco are becoming more strident. SF's posture up 'til now has been "Don't worry. They'll be back." Now people like Cohn realize that the 49ers really do have other options... and they're freaking out. By labeling the Yorks as "low level thugs," and twisting a neutral statement into "bullying" and "threats," Cohn is trying to shift the blame away from where it belongs: the city of San Francisco and the political leaders who gave nothing but cold comfort to a team that brought them five championships.

this is very well said!! great post
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Um, no it's not. Jesus dude. They need a stadium. A lot is at stake. Where does he say the word "move" in that sentence?

You guys crack me up. Keep your heads in the sand. Fine with me.
Share 49ersWebzone