There are 203 users in the forums

One of the best Niner plays in the past 10 years.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Terrell Owens saved that play.

One of the best plays I've seen the past 10 years is Willis running down Morey(?) of The Cardinals in overtime from behind to make a game saving tackle.In the words of Jim Rome "That was Epic"
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
[img=null]

gore>>>>>>hearst.

if gore was one that team with steve young,rice,and owens......the niners would have 10 super bowl rings right now.

Woah. Look I'm a big fan of Frank but no way he owns Garrison. First off they are different players. Gore is a hard nose runner who can through a dummy and Hearst was an elusive runner who totally fit the WCO.

Hearst was the perfect back for that team. It was purely injuries that stopped his greatness.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Who was #74 blocking that play? I can't recall, but he looked like our LT and he ran at full speed for 60 yds and blocked the last 30 until Hearst tumbled in the end zone.

I don't see our linemen being able to do that lately, because now if we have a run like that its Gore being the lone red jersey downfield.

Yeah he was hustling on that play although he didn't actually hit anybody he certainly inconvenienced a few guys.

I think that was Dave Fiore. He was one of those types of guys that fit in so well with us, and made our team so good back then.

Coaches used to say, he works so hard in practice, he could build pyramids.

That was, in fact, Dave Fiore. He was a quite the story really. Drafted very late out of college, studied under the great Bob Mckit to become a great OT. God, I miss those days. Now why was Mooch fired.....again? LOL
Originally posted by TDTomAndo:
Originally posted by Method:

Ah yeah son. BTW, Hearst has 1000 more yards from scrimmage then Terrell Davis did in his career.

As much as I love Hearst, I think Terrell Davis was better.

Really? Noob staff that thinks Davis is better than Hearst?!? Who do you think you are!?!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers_4ever:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Who was #74 blocking that play? I can't recall, but he looked like our LT and he ran at full speed for 60 yds and blocked the last 30 until Hearst tumbled in the end zone.

I don't see our linemen being able to do that lately, because now if we have a run like that its Gore being the lone red jersey downfield.

Yeah he was hustling on that play although he didn't actually hit anybody he certainly inconvenienced a few guys.

I think that was Dave Fiore. He was one of those types of guys that fit in so well with us, and made our team so good back then.

Coaches used to say, he works so hard in practice, he could build pyramids.

That was, in fact, Dave Fiore. He was a quite the story really. Drafted very late out of college, studied under the great Bob Mckit to become a great OT. God, I miss those days. Now why was Mooch fired.....again? LOL

Cause we are f**king Retards!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
[img=null]

gore>>>>>>hearst.

if gore was one that team with steve young,rice,and owens......the niners would have 10 super bowl rings right now.

Woah. Look I'm a big fan of Frank but no way he owns Garrison. First off they are different players. Gore is a hard nose runner who can through a dummy and Hearst was an elusive runner who totally fit the WCO.

Hearst was the perfect back for that team. It was purely injuries that stopped his greatness.

I'm not saying hearst wasn't great but gore is great with a crap line and team.....with the team hearst had he would have done more.
Really reminds me of the run that Gore had against the Seahawks.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

Ah yeah son. BTW, Hearst has 1000 more yards from scrimmage then Terrell Davis did in his career.

Really? Noob staff that thinks Davis is better than Hearst?!? Who do you think you are!?!

That's nothing against Hearst at all, he is one of my favorite Niners of all time. Terrell Davis dominated in his brief career, and I know his line was better, but ours wasn't completely terrible either.
T.O really came through on that play.

Ahh the days.
Yeah Fiore was awesome.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Ahh the days.

I know...

Ahh the days.

Yep. TO was a great downfield blocker back in the day.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Ahh the days.

Yep. TO was a great downfield blocker back in the day.

i miss t.o.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

That's nothing against Hearst at all, he is one of my favorite Niners of all time. Terrell Davis dominated in his brief career, and I know his line was better, but ours wasn't completely terrible either.

I'm just giving you a hard time man, no disrespect meant.
good play
Share 49ersWebzone