LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 126 users in the forums

One of the best Niner plays in the past 10 years.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Method:

Ah yeah son. BTW, Hearst has 1000 more yards from scrimmage then Terrell Davis did in his career.

As much as I love Hearst, I think Terrell Davis was better.
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
T.O. was a beast on that play.

So was Dave Fiore!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
^^^^um wasn't that play over 10 years??

This.
Originally posted by TDTomAndo:

Ah yeah son. BTW, Hearst has 1000 more yards from scrimmage then Terrell Davis did in his career.

As much as I love Hearst, I think Terrell Davis's offensive line was better.

after td went down they shoved any scrub running back there and get 1000 yards. guys like orlandis gary and mike anderson etc.
[ Edited by niner_empire on May 22, 2010 at 11:28 PM ]
[img=null]

gore>>>>>>hearst.

if gore was one that team with steve young,rice,and owens......the niners would have 10 super bowl rings right now.
[ Edited by Snider8706 on May 22, 2010 at 11:58 PM ]
this play was in 1998 its 2010
Originally posted by Kolohe:
^^^^um wasn't that play over 10 years??

My favorite has to be that 52 yard sluggo pass from Garcia to Owens in OT vs. Atlanta!!!

^^
Can someone find/make a GIF for that play...i cant remeber it right now
Well, I give you props for posting an awesome .gif.....but this is more than just "one of the best Niners plays of the past 10 years...." This is EPIC beyond scale!

In fact, NFL Network's Top 10 show has this as the Greatest Opening Week Moment of ALL TIME. Deservedly so.
[ Edited by zillabeast on May 23, 2010 at 1:52 AM ]
That was the first game of the 1998 I believe and yeah it was a hell of a play. TO and Fiore with great hustle. Hearst was a great back for us.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/192868-what-if-garrison-hearst-didnt-break-his-ankle-against-atlanta-in-1999

66 votes and only 13.6 percent say the Broncos would have beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl. One of about 5 lost super bowls.

Edit: the 15-1 Vikings would have been tough to get past before that though.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 23, 2010 at 5:54 AM ]
why have we not retired his number?

Originally posted by TDTomAndo:

As much as I love Hearst, I think Terrell Davis was better.

who in the blue hell are you?
  • Axl49
  • Veteran

One of my faves if you guys remember is when TO took a pass to throw the ball against The Redskins. He couldnt find anyone open so he scrambled like 50 yards for the TD lol great ass play.
Originally posted by Axl49:

One of my faves if you guys remember is when TO took a pass to throw the ball against The Redskins. He couldnt find anyone open so he scrambled like 50 yards for the TD lol great ass play.

I remember!
Are you sure it was the Redskins?
[ Edited by Dajanksta on May 23, 2010 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Who was #74 blocking that play? I can't recall, but he looked like our LT and he ran at full speed for 60 yds and blocked the last 30 until Hearst tumbled in the end zone.

I don't see our linemen being able to do that lately, because now if we have a run like that its Gore being the lone red jersey downfield.

I believe it was Dave Fiore?

Yup, wasn't he converted from TE to Tackle? McKittrick could turn just about anybody into a serviceable lineman.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Axl49:

I remember!
Are you sure it was the Redskins?
almost 100 percent but now that u said it maybe bucks but almost 100 sure it was skins that year.
Share 49ersWebzone