There are 230 users in the forums

$67.99 Mays jersey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Anyne worrying about the authenticity of another person's jersey needs to get a damn life.

I prefer, and stick to, authentics, but I don't knock anyone for going with a fake. Anyone doing so needs to get off their high horse and stop being a f*ckin doucher.

you sir are a good man

a very good man

Balls.

Agreed, Stop bein Douches!

I really don't care if i have a 240 Authentic, As long as these look good, and they numbers are stitched, That's all that matters to me.

I don't have to impress anyone with goin for a 240 dollar jersey, I'll stick to my 45 dollar jerseys cause they look JUST AS GOOD!, and all the haters can go screw themselves.
Hey, to each their own. I don't necessarily mind the fake jerseys, IF they look legit. The 49ers ones on most sites look pathetic. I'd rather pay for a replica that looks real than a fake the looks like crap. The only site that "49ers" on the front looks good is jersey101, but THEY screwed up the striping on the sleeves. There is no good FAKE 49ers jersey. The Willis probowl looks identical, but that's about it. One way to tell the site you're ordering off of is fake, is the fact that they have "authentic" Nate Davis jerseys...even NFLshop doesn't sell those. LOL ! Not sure why every other NFL teams' jerseys look good but ours.
[ Edited by diehardfor20yrs on May 23, 2010 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Anyne worrying about the authenticity of another person's jersey needs to get a damn life.

I prefer, and stick to, authentics, but I don't knock anyone for going with a fake. Anyone doing so needs to get off their high horse and stop being a f*ckin doucher.

you sir are a good man

a very good man

Balls.

Agreed, Stop bein Douches!

I really don't care if i have a 240 Authentic, As long as these look good, and they numbers are stitched, That's all that matters to me.

I don't have to impress anyone with goin for a 240 dollar jersey, I'll stick to my 45 dollar jerseys cause they look JUST AS GOOD!, and all the haters can go screw themselves.

Just have a question about authentics vs fakes. The gameday jersies for the 49ers has the word "49ers" written in very small letters above the number, as seen here:

But the picture for authentics on nflshop.com looks like this:

It looks as if the word "49ers" is printed much larger on the second one. I'm just wondering which one you get.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Just have a question about authentics vs fakes. The gameday jersies for the 49ers has the word "49ers" written in very small letters above the number, as seen here:

But the picture for authentics on nflshop.com looks like this:

It looks as if the word "49ers" is printed much larger on the second one. I'm just wondering which one you get.

you get the one that Crabtree has the smaller print on it

i know because i bought a custom jersey & a Frank Gore

by the way is that you Jim??

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

It is, I'm currently working out in the Virginia Tech weight room, doing dead lifts and clean and jerks repeatidly, just waiting for my next chance. I heard a rumor that the XFL might get started back up, so I'm excited! Unfortunately I'm no longer dating lingerie models, I'm down to Macy's counter girls, but life is great!
Just have a question about authentics vs fakes. The gameday jersies for the 49ers has the word "49ers" written in very small letters above the number.

The logo in the photo does look smaller, but that may be due to perspective. Also, the mock ups on NFLShop.com are digitally produced and are not product shots.

I've got an Authentic Brian Jennings from NFLShop.com and I can tell you the logo is accurate and proportional.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

It is, I'm currently working out in the Virginia Tech weight room, doing dead lifts and clean and jerks repeatidly, just waiting for my next chance. I heard a rumor that the XFL might get started back up, so I'm excited! Unfortunately I'm no longer dating lingerie models, I'm down to Macy's counter girls, but life is great!

LMAO

this is the only Mays jersey id want right now.

hes got WAY too much bust potential to be buying jersies right after the draft.
Originally posted by Niners99:

this is the only Mays jersey id want right now.

why does he have too much bust potential? he seemed like a pretty good fit for how the niners use their safeties.

and on the topic, if u like the jersey thats all that matters man, your the one whos gonna be wearing it. people need to get over themselves on here with that "you should only get authentics" give me 300 bucks to get one then. the reebok EQT(?) jerseys are pretty sick too. kind of a cross between the replicas and the authentics. i got a patrick willis jersey like that a couple years ago and it looks awesome.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

why does he have too much bust potential? he seemed like a pretty good fit for how the niners use their safeties.

If you saw him play very much in college you'd know exactly why most see him as a potential bust. And Singletary adn others have said their safeties are interchangeable at times so at some point hes going to have to drop back in coverage, and he doesn't excel at that. He has very stiff hips and struggles at changing directions.

If anyone else made this pick, I really would have been laughing at them. This guy was a total punk at USC. He'd routinely take personal fouls, taunt opposing teams and generally seemed unfocused. The other 10 guys might be huddling up discussing a play and you'd see Mays interacting with a fan or flirting with the cheerleaders. And he only had 1 INT in his last two seasons. He had chances at more but was more concerned about getting on sportscenter with a big hit.

Heres what Pro Football Weekly said in their draft preview about him:

Average instincts and anticipation. Does not play to timed speed and is too often a step late getting over the top. Takes poor angles. Is tight in the hips and does not transition smoothly or change direction easily. Is not a face up tackler, misses too many tackles and allows more yards after contact than he should.

Summary:

Throw out the stopwatch and eye-popping 40 time at the Combine - the tape of Mays playing at his speed does not exist. Can start readily in the NFL like he did in college and get away with his lack of instincts in the pros because of his rare recovery speed, but lack of intelligence and toughness will always leave teams wanting more. Enamors with his measurables, but disappoints with his play, and will need more than straight-line speed and a flash hit to become more than a serviceable starter in the pros. Will be overdrafted and underperform.

Now I know people will say, Singletary will coach him up and get on him! And I hope he does. But not everyone is Vernon Davis, not ever malcontent can be turned around. I hope Mays is a great 49er for years to come I just think he has a lot of things that need to change before that becomes true.

If you saw him play very much in college you'd know exactly why most see him as a potential bust. And Singletary adn others have said their safeties are interchangeable at times so at some point hes going to have to drop back in coverage, and he doesn't excel at that. He has very stiff hips and struggles at changing directions.

If anyone else made this pick, I really would have been laughing at them. This guy was a total punk at USC. He'd routinely take personal fouls, taunt opposing teams and generally seemed unfocused. The other 10 guys might be huddling up discussing a play and you'd see Mays interacting with a fan or flirting with the cheerleaders. And he only had 1 INT in his last two seasons. He had chances at more but was more concerned about getting on sportscenter with a big hit.

Heres what Pro Football Weekly said in their draft preview about him:

Average instincts and anticipation. Does not play to timed speed and is too often a step late getting over the top. Takes poor angles. Is tight in the hips and does not transition smoothly or change direction easily. Is not a face up tackler, misses too many tackles and allows more yards after contact than he should.

Summary:

Throw out the stopwatch and eye-popping 40 time at the Combine - the tape of Mays playing at his speed does not exist. Can start readily in the NFL like he did in college and get away with his lack of instincts in the pros because of his rare recovery speed, but lack of intelligence and toughness will always leave teams wanting more. Enamors with his measurables, but disappoints with his play, and will need more than straight-line speed and a flash hit to become more than a serviceable starter in the pros. Will be overdrafted and underperform.

Now I know people will say, Singletary will coach him up and get on him! And I hope he does. But not everyone is Vernon Davis, not ever malcontent can be turned around. I hope Mays is a great 49er for years to come I just think he has a lot of things that need to change before that becomes true.

i saw him a couple times but im not gonna say i really studied him but he seems like he has what the niners need. and all these "pros" who analyze these guys are just like us except they get paid. theyre guess is as good as ours as to how he will be in the pros. people knock michael lewis for his pass coverage but he made it 8 years in the pros as a starter and went to the probowl. time will tell but i think Mays is gonna be good. at USC they had himn play WAY back and he was pretty much the only safety the last two years so he was just a center fielder, its kind of hard to get picks when your covering a whole field by yourself.
and all these "pros" who analyze these guys are just like us except they get paid. theyre guess is as good as ours as to how he will be in the pros.

This goes without saying, is cliche, and is true for every draft pick. Of course no one knows exactly what Mays will do. I'm just speaking on what I, and others have seen. We could dismiss every rookie thread by saying, "we don't really know how he'll be." But then why have a message board or threads on anything? Its just simple discussion. No where in my previous thread did I say anything was for sure with Mays.

With that being said, I saw him play most of his college games and watched him in person twice and I was not impressed, mainly with his attitude and instincts on the field. He's not someone I'd use a 2nd round pick on. These are just my opinions and I base these opinions on what I've seen of Mays. In most games I saw him play last season I saw him take atleast one bone-headed or unsportsmanlike personal foul. Thats why I say he looks unfocused/undiscplined and appears to be somewhat of a punk at times.

Quote:
at USC they had himn play WAY back and he was pretty much the only safety the last two years.

The only safety in the last two years??? I take it you never really watch USC. As a Junior he played next to former all-conference SS Kevin Ellison who currently is with the San Diego Chargers. He was a very talented safety who Mays played next to. As well last season he played next to All-Conference CB Kevin Thomas who was taken in the 3rd Round by the Colts. As a soph he also played along side 2 time all-conference CB Terrell Thomas who was drafted in the 2nd Round by the Giants. He had tons of talent around him in that secondary at USC. And I'm sure I don't have to name off the all-world LBs he played in front of as well.

Quote:
he was just a center fielder, its kind of hard to get picks when your covering a whole field by yourself

Watch some of his game tape. And he played next to SS Will Harris last season who was Pac 10 defensive player of the week vs ASU and an honorable mention for all-conference. Mays had plenty of chances for INTs in his career, he just often would take poor angles and/or go for the big hit rather than the INT. That fact is apparent even in many of his "highlight" reels.

As I said earlier, nothing is for sure, and I don't know any better than anyone else who's watched him. But it appears by your comments you just haven't seen him play very much. All my opinions have been based on what I've seen. I think he's somewhat of a punk because he seemed to enjoy taking unsportsmanlike personal fouls. He's also more of a hitter than a tackler as he rarely wraps up. I hope and pray and Singletary can turn him around, but Mays has a good ways to go before being a solid pro. All those factors considered, hes just not someone I'd invest a jersey in at this point.
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Has anyone bought a jersey from www.nflcustomejerseys.com? And if so, does it look legit?
Originally posted by hps49:
Has anyone bought a jersey from www.nflcustomejerseys.com? And if so, does it look legit?

No and No
Share 49ersWebzone