49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 700 users in the forums

should we look at adalius thomas?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes -- STILL better than any of our OLBs.
We should but even if we landed him I wouldn't expect him to walk in the door and post double digit sacks. If you actually watched him play last year you'd see why New England cut him. Bottom line is he's getting old, and really isn't the force he used to be.

But at the minimum he'd be another fresh body in our rotation, and I think a good influence on the younger guys.
yes...you can never have too many pass rushers....(see new york giants 2007-2008)

plus..im skeptical about bowman....freak athlete, but hes a project
Here's the thing, first of all I would be shocked if he doesn't land back in NY with Rex Ryan and the Jets. It's the scheme where he was the most comfortable and he likes the coach. He thought he would be blitzing like crazy and be a pass rush specialist with the Pats. They tried to use him differently. Than he started getting an attitude with the coach and it went down hill from there.

I think he could succeed in our scheme. He is a step up from what we have and Sing gets the most out of his players. If the price is right we take him. The good thing is we have adequate depth if he is a bust. Its not like if we take him our defense would hinge on his success. This is a no brainer if the Jets don't take him. Again only if the price is right, its a low risk high reward type situation.
....and all of this assumes he's even interested. Which I doubt. Remember, this is the same guy who turned down more money from us to play for New England.

Remember that he wanted to keep his family on the east coast?

....To this day I find it hilarious that our Front Office is still being blamed for that.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,033
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=141271
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone