LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 581 users in the forums

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

No.

Is Blount talented? sure, he may be, but big deal. He was never officially a niner, so F him.

We have Gore, Coffee (who has yet to play to his full potential), and this new kid Dixon. We'll be just fine.
not really i think we have enough backs anyway
It'd be nice to have him, but I don't really mind it whatsoever. He's lazy and knows that Dixon is a better runner than he is so he went to the Titans.
He went undrafted for a reason, no?
Blount $ucks...F'em...we shoulda even given him a chance!
Originally posted by sacniner:
Yeah, this guys is talented. Would of been in the top three rounds if he didn't sock that guy. I watched his first game back, I think, and he tore it up. This guy is a beast and a bruiser. There is a strong possibility he will be a gem... I think most would agree he has more potential than the RB we drafted.

i dont think so. dixon is a bit faster and can actually catch the ball. blount only had 4 catches in his career at oregon.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Dude has issues, so I don't give two sh!ts about him, Lawrence Phillips ring any bells.
I was a little disappointed, but, no, i don't really care. i'm excited about the guys we have.
Dixon is better anyways, he only did what was smart for him, went to where he might actually see some playing time.
No Dixon is less of a headcase.

I'm not upset over it or anything but it is a guy the team wanted to sign that dissed us. I would prefer it if he would have signed with us, guy has potential IMO.
nope. and it wouldn't surprise me if in a couple of years he is out of football.
Would have been interesting to see what he could do, but he made a good choice for himself by going somewhere he may actually have a shot at making a roster. So yeah I care just a tiny bit, but for the most part good riddance.
If I had to choose between Blount, Dixon and Coffee I would pick Dixon everytime. I like Coffee don't get me wrong but I really like Dixon. I watched a lot of him in college. Truthfully I watch a lot of all college players. But that kid is good. I cannot wait to see him get on the field. I wouldn't be suprised if he became the second string back.
I think ESPN is going to lead with this story. So he changed his mind? So what? If the 49ers were depending on him to take them to the title, then they are in worse shape than I thought they were. It's a non-story. Reporters have nothing else to write about.
Share 49ersWebzone