LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 417 users in the forums

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone actually care that we didn't sign Blount?

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Hell yes dude is a beast! He will start? or play this season!

I agree, but only because he went to Tennessee.
  • Tman
  • Veteran

• kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VA49er:
I mean seriously. Can't the sportswriters start speculating on all the other talent and the rest of the draftees? Why is the top story failing to sign a guy who had a .009% chance of becoming the starter on this team and was going to have to dog it out with two other backs to be the#2 man? Heck we drafted his clone Dixon. I don't think this says anything other than he felt, correctly, that he had a much better shot in Tennessee, who is looking to use him to plug a decent sized hole left by Lendale White. He may go on to become a great back. Yet somehow I think the odds of that are much higher in an actual 1-2 punch offense than in a "give Frank Gore a breather" role.

Seriously, yes, I think we should care but even if you don't now, everyone will if say, Chris Johnson holds out for a new contract and/or gets hurt and Blount proves to be a very good every down back.

Considering all of the angst expressed here over the last year about Coffee as Gore's back-up, I would have thought the idea of losing Blount would have made more people upset.

At this point, if Gore gets hurt, its Coffee and/or Dixon, which may be fine but at least seeing what Blount had to offer would have been interesting, especially considering that it was his non-playing issues that caused him to go undrafted. If this was strictly an on-field evaluation, he might have graded higher than Coffee or Dixon.

He may also have been an option next year or the year after in the event that the wear and tear on Gore's body begins to take a toll, which might come sooner rather than later if the 49ers go heavy running the ball this coming year as they had planned to last year. Maybe he would have beaten out Coffee and Dixon and become the RB of the future while giving Gore a blow here and there this year. Now, we'll never know.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah about as much as I do about honey bees.
I don't care, i think Dixon is better anyway...
  • GilleysPuB
  • Info N/A
We don't need another head case for Sing to have to deal with. He needs all his focus on improving this team.
I care...... because now i don't have to try and root for his ass anymore.
WTf he reneged!?

No championship now!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Maybe he could have been better than Coffee and we could of had a Gore, Dixon, Blount three headed monster, but I guess we'll never know now.
Dixon is going to be a good player on sundays...So no.

• Otter
  • Veteran
I don't care. He seemed like a loser.

I Want Winners!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CRH49:
I don't care. He seemed like a loser.

I Want Winners!

Yeah, I agree these things happen for a reason. We're better off without him.
Originally posted by VA49er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Hell yes dude is a beast! He will start? or play this season!

I agree, but only because he went to Tennessee.

Yea I don't know if you guys watched any of tenns games last year but CJ does not take breaks.....lendale went from scoring 10+ TDs to not touching the ball, blount will be a waterboy!
I would have liked to see what he could do. However, it's not going to happen. Reporters like to make a big deal out of nothing. We have a lot of other guys who will get the job done. Just move on. He never signed a contract anyway. Plus they will bring up that punch for the rest of his life.
My goodness, the drought for information is HERE! The news wire here on the Zone has 7, not 2 or 3 but 7 articles about Blount changing his mind on us. Big deal, Let it Go. We WILL SURVIVE without this guy.

[ Edited by LanceQ on Apr 26, 2010 at 12:56:28 ]
Share 49ersWebzone