LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Phil Barber

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
"I have spent the past seven years covering the Raiders for the Press Democrat. "

PASS
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
"I have spent the past seven years covering the Raiders for the Press Democrat. "

PASS

My bad, I didn't mean to quote and not type anything as if I'm agreeing with this guy's post. I accidentally hit the wrong button on my phone and I can't edit it on mobile.

Anyway, what I was going to say is some of you can't be serious. It's not Barber's fault Maiocco is leaving and it's not his fault he had to cover the raiders. It's a job he was assigned to, just like Maiocco was assigned to the Niners. As long as he covers the team well, you all should give him a chance before passing on him.
booooo! boo this man!!
Originally posted by jnew62:
For those of you who can read, the book he wrote "We were Champions" is a great read. I'm sure he'll do a fine job.

And for those of you that can't read, how the f**k did you get on in the first place?
Sad to see MM go-truly one of the best in the business. It's kind of interesting to see the roasting going on here. Trust me I can hate on the craphole nation with the best of them. In fact, I don't know who I hate worse: the Faders, the Cowpies or the cheese freaks. However, why don't we ease up on the Phil Barber hatorade and first give him a chance to suck before we crucify him. And try to be happy for MM's hard earned opportunity to move up the food chain.
Wow, good thing we're giving the guy a chance before we bash him...
I think he will give us some new stuff. He really understands the Niners history and Bill Walsh. Since he needs to get caught up with the current Niners team, then he will need to begin 5 years ago and probably write some new stuff as an outside looking in perspective.

Finally, a fresh voice.
Originally posted by mickey49:
Not sure where MM will end up, but I'm sure its in the direction of up.

As for PB - give him credit that he recognized that a move to cover the Niners was a PROMOTION!

I like the fact that we're going to get some info from an unbiased source. He'll be converted to a homer soon enough, but until then I'll welcom a (former) outsiders perspective
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:

niner talk does it again. lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Give him a chance, I'm sure he'll add his own personal style to his reporting. A fresh look at things if you will.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
He's actually pretty good I heard him on KNBR last week when Lowell Cohn recommended him to Damon Bruce

http://www.knbr.com/portals/3/podcasts/damonbruce/0422-DAMON-HR-02.mp3

wheres that link to BlueShoesHooser? I want to see that horse again.
I always liked PB more than M&M's. Just saying if its the superior food choice, by initials standards than he should be the superior reporter. Just like people who choose brackets based on which mascot would win in a fight. I am all on board with PB. Cuz PB is better than M&M.

Thats right....that just happened.

[ Edited by OX49er253 on Apr 26, 2010 at 13:35:02 ]
Originally posted by OX49er253:
I always liked PB more than M&M's. Just saying if its the superior food choice, by initials standards than he should be the superior reporter. Just like people who choose brackets based on which mascot would win in a fight. I am all on board with PB. Cuz PB is better than M&M.

Thats right....that just happened.

Have you ever had Peanut butter M&M's? Delicious
Share 49ersWebzone