There are 214 users in the forums

Phil Barber

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
aww snap PB!

man, this f'n sucks!!! I want MM back. He's the only person I followed on twitter!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by yummy12:
A least he wont be a Alex Smith homer like MM was...
Originally posted by BenQ:
aww snap PB!

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by BenQ:
aww snap PB!

"I have spent the past seven years covering the Raiders for the Press Democrat. "

PASS
Welcome to the Zone Mr. Barber. I hope you give us your best shot regarding Niner News. All we want is good, thorough news about the Niners. I personally want to know what the coaches think, and see, and what the players think and see and how do we get a winning season and maintain a winning position like the run we had in the past. As we get quality, useful news, and opinions the Zone will warm up to you. So hang on the MM hangover will take a while to clear.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran

You guys know David White who now covers the 49ers for the Chron was the former Raider beatwriter.I'm just saying
WOW!!!! Why all the hate??? He's probably down with more 49er history then most. He has good history with Bill Walsh. Give the guy a chance to do his job. Get a grip zoners...

[ Edited by Maui9er on Apr 26, 2010 at 10:59:03 ]
Phil Jennings for MVP!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
So, what did happen to Maiocco? Promotion, layoff, or what? As long as he gets on things fast, I am okay with change!

The guys on the Radnich Show are saying he's going to Comcast.
Pretty funny to hate on him because he covered the Raiders in the past. It's his job. I doubt he chose to cover the Raiders over the 49ers, but since MM was on the niners, all he could get was the Raiders.

I just hope he is good, cuz MM was awesome.
This is a huge dropoff from the immortal MM.

I hate this guy because it seems as if one of us could do a better job at this point in time. He admits the need to "catch up on the current team".

For a beat reporter, that's bad.

I want this dude's job.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
MB's stock is surely rising.
Originally posted by susweel:
MB's stock is surely rising.

obviously the guy won't be maiocco from day one, but give him some time to atleast establish himself...

and for the record, my first thought after seeing PB was "peanut butter jelly time" as well
Share 49ersWebzone