LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

2010 Niners Schedule Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
does anyone know when the training camp for fans will be? i really wanna make it out this summer and watch some practice and try to get the autographs!

Summertime.

theyll give us some notice right? I know its usually like late June or july?

First 2 weeks of Aug. Hall of Fame game is Aug.1st I think.
I say right now any game looks hard. There is no such thing as an easy game in the NFL. That being said I have faith in our defense to lean on for tough games. Can't say that about our offense yet. But with improvement on the O-Line who knows.

If our offense becomes consistently good watch out. Those first 8 games will seem like a blessing for the final stretch.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
5 of the first 8 games are on the road.....Our season might be over before the half again. DAMN what a terrible, unfair, schedule.

That's not too bad. The average should be 4 out of the first 8.

-9fA
We weren't great on the road last year.

Week 1: @ Seattle. It is tough to play in that artificially loud stadium. Remember, we lost there and the first game was awfully close until the P Willy broke-back Hassebeck play.

Week 2: Home game, but against the super bowl champs, the Saints. Tough game.

Week 3: @ Chiefs. We have historically been awful at KC, but, definitely a very winnable game.

Week 4: @ Atl. They thrashed us at home last year.

Week 5: Home against the Eagles, which will be a tough game. They always had our number. Hopefully without DNabb they are inept.

Week 6; RAdiers, this should be a rout.

Week 7: @ carolina. They will be tough on the road.

Week 8: London game in Bronco. Who knows how we will play over there. At least we'll be the main game on FOX.

This is a tough first half. If we don't be careful, we could be looking at 4-4 or 3-5. Hopefully we can steal a game vs the Saints or the Eagles.

Don't let the "easy schedule" thing fool you. We have 6 games against NFC West Opponents which makes our schedule appear to be easy. Division games are close and our non division opponents are playoff contenders. (we should beat Raiders, Chiefs, and Buccaneers. Every team is a challenge. This is the NFL. I want every advantage we can get.
I just like to have every advantage we can get.

Actually, the Willis smashing hasselbeck play was at Candlestick, lol I was in the endzone it happened. Home Opener. We lost up there after Gore fumbled on a drive in the 4th qrt. and after Keith Smith got burned.

Read it again. And I didn't edit.
Originally posted by FnkyPhantom:
Thank You Mr. Goodell,....may we have another?!

49er's definitely got some national exposure concessions for accepting the London "home" game vs. Denver, but the league did us no favors with the first 5-6 weeks. Saints on MNF at home and the Eagles (even w/o McNabb) are rough starters, to go with 3 of our first 4 on the road. Atlanta on the road is nauseating as well. Don't like our short week opponents either. And no one is excited about traveling to Green Bay in early December. And who wants to be in St. Louis for X-mas? Feel bad for the players.

But I agree with you all that the second half of the season lays out much better (barring injuries, arrests, firings, acts of God, etc) for us. I think that the NFL is talking with the NCAA to possibly meld the NFC West into the Pac 10. Weak division this year, so the moment is ripe for the 49er's to take advantage (10-6).

I don't like the fact that the game in London is a "HOME" game. Season ticket holders have to buy the pre-season games we don't really want and get shorted a game at home. This years tickets are for 9 games not 10.
So far we have faced teams that are a combined 11-4
Share 49ersWebzone