LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Diyrall Briggs, Reggie Smith, Curtis Taylor, Alex Boone

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I really miss Britt Miller

You miss him? What did he do for you to miss him?
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
All four made the team

Yeah! In retrospect, that is looking like a pretty damn good post! Way to go!
They have all done well and astute eyes can tell who is who. I wonder tho at a comment by Barrows that the niners wanted Tukuafu who is 286 pounds to tack on ten more pounds. I liked his pass rush and they want him to be a heavyweight? He seems pretty strong already by how he seems to hold his position and also how he sheds blockers. I don't see why he needs 296 pounds for. He could use a bit more power but this seems as sensible as Snyder gaining 20 extra pounds from a rookie weight. Unless they figure he can be a nose etc, I can't see it. Maybe they want a clone of Sopoaga who is hard to run on but no pass rusher? I thought Tukuafu was about the perfect size, enough power and size for run stopping and yet quick enough for pass rushing. Perhaps the coahes feel he can handle the extra weight and max out at 296 but I am one who thinks more mass equals less sass. I see the niners are carrying three smaller quicker recievers and dumping guys who can't break open as well. Four if you count skinny as a weasel Zeigler.
Originally posted by KD49ers:
what about glenn coffee, i read he is up to 220pds and vernon davis says he looks like a total differen't player. i see him contributing more

This post is funny in retrospect
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

um well he was an coverted LB which rarely happens in the leauge and he had last preseason some sick screens and had a little speed.

Lets just say he is better than Jason Hill and Brandon Jones
IF Diyral plays really well, I would love for us to lock him up to a 3yr extension thru 2013.

Reggie Smith is also plays well, is due a extension, something not too cheap, but not expensive. Maybe a 3yr deal worth 5.5M, with 2M guaranteed.
Originally posted by bret:
All four made the team

Yeah! In retrospect, that is looking like a pretty damn good post! Way to go!

Thanks! Can't get them all wrong
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
IF Diyral plays really well, I would love for us to lock him up to a 3yr extension thru 2013.

Reggie Smith is also plays well, is due a extension, something not too cheap, but not expensive. Maybe a 3yr deal worth 5.5M, with 2M guaranteed.

I can see Briggs continue to develop and maybe even compete for a starting spot next year. Right now he adds very good depth and also ST's skills. I look for Reggie Smith to be a major factor as our 5th DB replacing Roman and obviously should be a big upgrade. Boone adds solid depth and could be a factor next year. Curtis Taylor I am surprised made the team after we drafted Mays but Lewis and Goldson are UFA's next yr and Smith will be a RFA so having a big, young, fast, safety like Taylor around does not hurt plus the guy is a real good ST's player.

The fact these guys made the team and are developing shows what a nice job our coaching staff is doing of developing young players and kudos to Singletary for playing the young guys unlike....
Only Reggie Smith will be on gameday roster so it will take injuries for any of these guys to make an impact.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Only Reggie Smith will be on gameday roster so it will take injuries for any of these guys to make an impact.

True but they add quality depth and still are developing. I think Briggs will dress this Sunday. Taylor is 50-50.

Originally posted by Leathaface:

True but they add quality depth and still are developing. I think Briggs will dress this Sunday. Taylor is 50-50.

I agree with that. Briggs seems like he can get to the passer pretty well. I'm hoping we have enough pass rush but if it's an issue, he should be on the field more. I'm expecting Haralson to have a solid bounce back year of sorts and with Brooks and LaBoy ahead of him, it'll be hard for him to get on the field.

I'm still not sure about Boone but I'm hoping he has the talent (was supposed to be a great prospect for OSU when he got there) and will develop into a solid OT for us b/c Sims is probably on his last legs. I just haven't really seen him play...

Smith can be a huge player for us, no doubt. I'm not so sure about M Lewis this year and we all know that Taylor Mays is looking like a POS draft pick (you want contribution from a 2nd round pick). Smith can step in and be the 2nd ballhawk to go with Goldson. I'm hoping M Lewis holds up though.
We need Reggie Smith to be a very good starter for us if we're to contend with teams like the Packers. We need him to be more than a part-time contributor. As for the rest of the guys, I think they bode well for the future of this football team.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
We need Reggie Smith to be a very good starter for us if we're to contend with teams like the Packers. We need him to be more than a part-time contributor. As for the rest of the guys, I think they bode well for the future of this football team.

I would not be surprised at all if Reggie Smith is our starting SS before the year is over. The key with him is just staying healthy and playing consistent. The talent level is there.
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

um well he was an coverted LB which rarely happens in the leauge and he had last preseason some sick screens and had a little speed.

Lets just say he is better than Jason Hill and Brandon Jones

I'd take Jason Hill and/or Brandon Jones over Brit Miller every f**kin day of the week.
Share 49ersWebzone