LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 217 users in the forums

Walt wants back in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/13947/walt-harris-eager-to-return-from-injury
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Bring him back..but don't hand him the spot. Make him work for his starting job.
I would take him over Bly and he would prob come cheaper
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Meh a guy his age coming back from an ACL tear? He would be the #4 CB.
if he comes back healthy we would have great cornerback depth
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Question is, is he better then any of these guys..

Nate Clements
Dre Bly
Tarrell Brown
Shawntae Spencer
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Nate Clements
Dre Bly
Tarrell Brown
Shawntae Spencer

Before his injury I would put him at #3 behind Clements and Spencer. Coming off an ACL tear i dunno.
I thought he said he was going to retire. Welcome back Walt !
Its time to move on from Walt Harris, he was decent 2 years ago, but we really need fresh legs in the secondary. I wish him the best of luck and he really did surprise me the 1st year he was here. Its just time to get young and add speed in the secondary.
sorry bro, u too old. You gave us a couple good years, but your time is up.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Nate Clements
Dre Bly
Tarrell Brown
Shawntae Spencer

Before his injury I would put him at #3 behind Clements and Spencer. Coming off an ACL tear i dunno.

True he was the best player in the secondary in 08/09
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Well you guys can say all you want about him being old..but I think he still deserves a chance. A chance to show he can still play. If he can't then so be it..but he needs to be there in camp and prove he can still play. No need to say "Oh, he's too old" and forget about him. What if he plays at the level he was before the injury? Most likely he won't..but I say give him a shot.
Well you guys can say all you want about him being old..but I think he still deserves a chance. A chance to show he can still play. If he can't then so be it..but he needs to be there in camp and prove he can still play. No need to say "Oh, he's too old" and forget about him. What if he plays at the level he was before the injury? Most likely he won't..but I say give him a shot.

We need to add speed in the secondary, and I dont see him having that speed anymore especially coming off an ACL injury, it takes another year to fully get off where he left off, and from that stand point, he wasnt even there with the speed.
I'm sure we will have room for him after we cut one of our 20 worthless WRs or D lineman in training camp.
I say why not, if we brought back Keith Smith, why not give Walt a shot at proving himself.
Share 49ersWebzone