There are 277 users in the forums

Now the pressure is on Singletary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
With Warner announcing his retirement that makes the niners the favorites to win the NFC west title mostly because all the other teams suck. Singletary now has the real pressure on him to produce a division winner and a playoff appearance. Anything short of that he will looked upon as a major disappointment.
Bit early for this
Originally posted by susweel:
With Warner announcing his retirement that makes the niners the favorites to win the NFC west title mostly because all the other teams suck. Singletary now has the real pressure on him to produce a division winner and a playoff appearance. Anything short of that he will looked upon as a major disappointment.

I think we may be able to nab some Cardinals players since their hopes to win the title have been shattered.

Adrian Wilson!!!!
We just can't f**k up this draft.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Niners need to go all this off season, bring in some big name free agents. Also dont f**k the draft.
We are no guarantee to win the division despite what is spouted off on this board very often. We still lack talent in a lot of ways. I could see us not winning the division. I hope for the best but I have major question marks about this team.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I do not think that Warner's retirement necessarily makes the 49ers the favorites to win the division.

But, I absoultely hope that none of the players, and few of the fans, are stupid enough to consider this notion valid.

The games must be played, and to win the division games must be won.

Warner's retirement means very little. How the team plays does.
With the rams and hawks in our division I don't k ow how we're going to compete!
We beat AZ twice last year with Warner as QB...how does that translate into more pressure for Singletary? Sing is already under pressure to lead this team to the playoffs in 2010, regardless of what Warner, the Cardinals or anybody else does.
Here we go with the high expectations again. Last year was Sing being new coach, majority of the zone said 11-5, 10-6 division title and people were let down.

Now Warner retires and people r already saying we WILL win the division.

Now i hope we do, but we are an average team right now, 8-8, and yes the rest of the division sucks, and ya never know.

Having high expectations is great, and i do, but don't be shocked if we are in a battle with the Hawks or even the Cards for that matter next year. We are not that good yet to lock up the division in the offseason.

Gotta handle our business. Leinart might blossom!
Originally posted by Mister49:
Gotta handle our business. Leinart might blossom!

Indeed we have to handle our business, and A. Smith might blossom. But in any case winning the west is just a bit easier this coming year with Warner out.
Originally posted by buck:

I do not think that Warner's retirement necessarily makes the 49ers the favorites to win the division.

But, I absoultely hope that none of the players, and few of the fans, are stupid enough to consider this notion valid.

The games must be played, and to win the division games must be won.

Warner's retirement means very little. How the team plays does.

Meh, I think we would win the division regardless of Warner's retirement. So few fail to remember that this team was one 'Freak-Favre' play and a dropped Crabtree TD pass away (in Seattle) from a division sweeping 10-6 record (tie) which would have won us the west.

This team can only get better, and will in the draft.
There was a lot more to Arizona last season than just Warner. Yeah, we beat them twice, but Whisenhunt is a very good coach and he'll have them ready for next season.

I also think the 49ers will be better next year, and I'd like to think they'll win the West anyway, no matter what Arizona, Seattle, or St. Louis do.

And as funny as it may seem...I don't think Mike Singletary knows the meaning of the word 'pressure', at least relative to his status. He'll always give it his best.
Division Domination 2010!!
Share 49ersWebzone