There are 234 users in the forums

Now the pressure is on Singletary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Snider8706:
With the rams and hawks in our division I don't k ow how we're going to compete!

Do I sense sarcasm

Originally posted by pelos21:
With the rams and hawks in our division I don't k ow how we're going to compete!

Do I sense sarcasm

For some reason people are going to be talking about everyone but the niners this offseason.
Are ya saying we are so bad that the other teams have to be old (seahawks) or depleted (AZ) to win our division??? Lambs aren't even good enough to be considered a threat.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by susweel:
With Warner announcing his retirement that makes the niners the favorites to win the NFC west title mostly because all the other teams suck. Singletary now has the real pressure on him to produce a division winner and a playoff appearance. Anything short of that he will looked upon as a major disappointment.

I do not think that Warner's retirement necessarily makes the 49ers the favorites to win the division.

But, I absoultely hope that none of the players, and few of the fans, are stupid enough to consider this notion valid.

The games must be played, and to win the division games must be won.

Warner's retirement means very little. How the team plays does.

That's exactly why the Niners didn't make the playoffs this year-some of those games they should've won kept them out.
If Warner had retired last year we would still be 8 - 8 and possibly won the west by default. Really I want to win the west and go to the playoff because we deserve it not because we are in a pathetic division.
Originally posted by remdob1:
If Warner had retired last year we would still be 8 - 8 and possibly won the west by default. Really I want to win the west and go to the playoff because we deserve it not because we are in a pathetic division.

It would be even more pathetic if we didn't win it going by that logic. I don't care how we get in the playoffs, but just f**king get there first.

Do I sense sarcasm

For some reason people are going to be talking about everyone but the niners this offseason.

Ain't it the truth though? -10 bucks says Collinsworth will be calling Leinhert the next 'coming' of the West, and Deion Sanders will predict the Seahawks to win the division in the 'clutch' towards the end of the season.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Do I sense sarcasm

Ain't it the truth though? -10 bucks says Collinsworth will be calling Leinhert the next 'coming' of the West, and Deion Sanders will predict the Seahawks to win the division in the 'clutch' towards the end of the season.

f**k them!! Mooch and rich eisen wil have our backs.
Here they go again. Counting chickens before they hatch. Just like last year.
No the pressure is on Scot McCloughan to get a decent QB on the roster.

The pressure is definitley on Coach sing. Especially if Alex screws up and he don't have a backup plan. I believe he gets the most out of our players and they make us all very happy next season. Hopefully we have a good draft and a couple of solid FA pick ups.

Also did anyone think of sing when that guy was singing " pants on the ground"
not worried about the west.............they need to win more outside the division
Originally posted by Allx9er:
not worried about the west.............they need to win more outside the division

Exactly. I'm more concerned about beating good, and bad teams outside of the division.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
We beat AZ twice last year with Warner as QB...how does that translate into more pressure for Singletary? Sing is already under pressure to lead this team to the playoffs in 2010, regardless of what Warner, the Cardinals or anybody else does.

I agree
Singletary will crush the pressure and put the NINERS into the postseason next year
Share 49ersWebzone