LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Alex Smith is smarter than Steve Young

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Drew Henson is smarter than both of them.....where's he at now???
Title: Alex Smith is smarter than Steve Young

So is Steven Hawkin, but I wouldn't want to see him in a Niner uniform.

Edit: Ok maybe I would want to see him in a Niner uniform, but only for giggles.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 31, 2010 at 5:48 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Steve Youngs overrated...The dud was terrible at reading blitzes, if it wasnt for Rice and TO he wouldve never had that great passer rating...He overthrew his receivers almost every other throw, hes just lucky he had Rice on the team..And a great coaching staff to go with a very good O Line...

Most overrated QB in NFL History: EASILY Steve YOung... Jeff Garcia > Steve Young, Garcia was a very accurate QB, and was good with his legs, another thing people overrated Young with..

This must be the most asinine comment without anything to back it up. Young completed at least 2 out of 3 passes (66.7%) for SEVEN years in a row! If your arguement is because of the receivers Young had, then why is it that Leinart doesn't complete as much passes as Kurt Warner does with the same amount of talent around them? It also has something to do with the QB.

Steve Young was overrated as a rusher? He is SECOND in NFL history, yes HISTORY, in rushing yards for a quarterback.

Please do research first, otherwise it looks like your just talking out of your a$$. The only thing that can save your post is sarcasm, and I don't even sense it.

LOL @ ImaMod. What a joke.

LOL @ you not having a sense of sarcasm..
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by posterX:
Steve Youngs overrated...The dud was terrible at reading blitzes, if it wasnt for Rice and TO he wouldve never had that great passer rating...He overthrew his receivers almost every other throw, hes just lucky he had Rice on the team..And a great coaching staff to go with a very good O Line...

Most overrated QB in NFL History: EASILY Steve YOung... Jeff Garcia > Steve Young, Garcia was a very accurate QB, and was good with his legs, another thing people overrated Young with..

Steve was an excellent mover of the ball. He was a fine and brave runner, sometimes too brave. He threw a hard ball but was quite accurate.

In comparison with Montana he was certainly not as good at reading Ds and checking through the receivers. He had, on occasion, the look of a deer stuck in car headlights about him prior to laying to rest the ghosts by winning a superbowl.

He is perhaps a trifle overrated on the zone and, after being picked up by Bill Walsh, he could not have had a better preparation for his career.

To say, howver, that Garcia was a better qb is very NT and somewhat beggars the imagination. I don't see much in the way of justification so I shan't bother with a reasoned rebuttal. Simply put, Garcia was the best we had at the time but could not compare with Young.

Not sure why this hobby of putting down our players is so popular in NT. For myself I prefer to celebrate their strengths and the good memories. But Garcia being better than Young is one of the more far fetched NT theories. To be polite.

One word.... pompous

One word........ Ignorant

Lol at people taking my post and this thread seriously

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It's amazing how ineffective some of your guys' sarcasm meters are.
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 31, 2010 at 5:54 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by CRH49:
Of course he is. Alex Smith finished college in 3 years. He's a smart dude. And still young. He's improved every year he's started, can we say that about Steve Young? He wouldn't have won anything if it wasn't for Rice, Jones, and Waters.

Alex Smith has 4 Super Bowl Championship potential.

This, seriously Steve Young had to start off in the USFL

Alex Smith would not do that, only backups who lucked into the 49ers starting job because Montana was hurt do that.

Wow. You guys are seriously deluded. THe USFL was offering Steve 45 MILLION to sign with them.

Nobody in the NFL at that time was making that kind of scratch.

Now to be fair he didn't make that either. But that's what the Express offered him. And had the USFL had a product that lasted longer than they did Steve probably would not have been a 49er either.

Just some food for thought.

I believe that Alex has alot of potential and that he's only scrathed the surface but 4 Super Bowl potential? C'mon now just gimme ONE and then go from there. I'll be as happy as a pig wallering in Slop.

~Ceadder
Yes the Wonderlic is a far better test of intelligence, than the California state Bar exam! dude Steve has a law degree, I don;t know if Smith graduated?
valrod after reading this thread:

Young is an attorney! I don't care what anyone says, if you get through law school your not that dumb. Plus he was a warrior on Sundays! or Mondays!

Now Young has one SB ring. If Alex pulls one of behind a strong defense and explosive offense, can you compare them then?
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

This must be the most asinine comment without anything to back it up. Young completed at least 2 out of 3 passes (66.7%) for SEVEN years in a row! If your arguement is because of the receivers Young had, then why is it that Leinart doesn't complete as much passes as Kurt Warner does with the same amount of talent around them? It also has something to do with the QB.

Steve Young was overrated as a rusher? He is SECOND in NFL history, yes HISTORY, in rushing yards for a quarterback.

Please do research first, otherwise it looks like your just talking out of your a$$. The only thing that can save your post is sarcasm, and I don't even sense it.

LOL @ ImaMod. What a joke.

I laughed so hard at this!!!
Originally posted by PersonalFoul:
Young is an attorney! I don't care what anyone says, if you get through law school your not that dumb. Plus he was a warrior on Sundays! or Mondays!

Now Young has one SB ring. If Alex pulls one of behind a strong defense and explosive offense, can you compare them then?

He has his JD, but he has never sat for the bar.

Steve was an excellent mover of the ball. He was a fine and brave runner, sometimes too brave. He threw a hard ball but was quite accurate.

In comparison with Montana he was certainly not as good at reading Ds and checking through the receivers. He had, on occasion, the look of a deer stuck in car headlights about him prior to laying to rest the ghosts by winning a superbowl.

He is perhaps a trifle overrated on the zone and, after being picked up by Bill Walsh, he could not have had a better preparation for his career.

To say, howver, that Garcia was a better qb is very NT and somewhat beggars the imagination. I don't see much in the way of justification so I shan't bother with a reasoned rebuttal. Simply put, Garcia was the best we had at the time but could not compare with Young.

Not sure why this hobby of putting down our players is so popular in NT. For myself I prefer to celebrate their strengths and the good memories. But Garcia being better than Young is one of the more far fetched NT theories. To be polite.

One word.... pompous

The problem with this sort of post is, there are plenty of people around NT who are daft enough to post it in all seriousness.

When a recently created username inputs guff like this, most people assume they mean it.

PBM?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
oh man 7 pages deep nice work valrod

One word.... pompous

The problem with this sort of post is, there are plenty of people around NT who are daft enough to post it in all seriousness.

When a recently created username inputs guff like this, most people assume they mean it.

PBM?

LOL, Ive been here for a year now, my username is not recently created.
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Originally posted by kidash:
.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... ..........

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Originally posted by pantstickle:

Originally posted by 49erWill:

Originally posted by NinerNewbie:

Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH: