LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Why does it seem Warner decides our future?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I've been coming across a few articles about us being a elite team if Kurt Warner decides to leave the game. I don't quite understand why Warner is holding the keys to our success. I'm about tired of Warner. Ever since we had him in for a interview "sort of speak" last season, its like our team can't get better while he's in the division. What makes him so special? Didn't we beat them down twice this season? Warner is a good QB. I'm not taking that away from him, but my goodness, he's not alllllll that.

Warner is not the problem buddy.
The problem is alex, he should retire....
Really?

It's simple: because we haven't been to the playoffs in three coaching regimes and if Warner retires it instantly makes us favorites in the division.

I don't understand what's complicated about that.
Originally posted by fly15:
I've been coming across a few articles about us being a elite team if Kurt Warner decides to leave the game. I don't quite understand why Warner is holding the keys to our success. I'm about tired of Warner. Ever since we had him in for a interview "sort of speak" last season, its like our team can't get better while he's in the division. What makes him so special? Didn't we beat them down twice this season? Warner is a good QB. I'm not taking that away from him, but my goodness, he's not alllllll that.

Yeah please let that happen so shawn hill can start again. NOT!
f**k warner, i don't even care anymore. bring him back for another 5 years, we're taking over starting next season.
not worried about warner, we have proven that we can beat them, we just have to take care of our own business and we'll be fine. our problem has been that we are geared to only beat our division rivals.

all that talk about Warner means one thing (at least) : the expectations around the niners has unfortunately drop dramatically as far as looking at other teams to predict if we have a small chance or not ...
I guess Ed Jr, Joe Cool and Co should turn in their grave but can't not because there's not enough place but cos they're not dead yet
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by fly15:

Yeah please let that happen so shawn hill can start again. NOT!

Ok, lets assume ur love retires... dont worry, we drafted a qb last year--remember??, he might not lead us to the promise land in his 1st attempt, however, i dont think he'll need 5+ yrs to develop.
Warner doesn't decide our future at all. The 49ers are the team that was in the drivers seat then lost too many games mid season. Who cares if Warner retires or not. We're going to dominate next year.
Share 49ersWebzone