There are 199 users in the forums

Why does it seem Warner decides our future?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've been coming across a few articles about us being a elite team if Kurt Warner decides to leave the game. I don't quite understand why Warner is holding the keys to our success. I'm about tired of Warner. Ever since we had him in for a interview "sort of speak" last season, its like our team can't get better while he's in the division. What makes him so special? Didn't we beat them down twice this season? Warner is a good QB. I'm not taking that away from him, but my goodness, he's not alllllll that.
We've only really dominated Warner this past season. Prior to that, Warner always put up big yardage numbers against us IIRC.

Anyway, I'm not too concerned about Warner when we play them, it's when the Cardinals play the rest of the league.

-9fA
yea exactly, i dont' understand it either, we dominated warner this year, i don't see how it's affecting us to much.

but i think the reason why they say it is because the way the cardinals play other teams, they had quite a few surprises this season where we thought they'd lose, but some how pulled out with a win.

they barely lost that titans game, if it wasn't for a miracle play.
Warner does not decide our future. He decides if the NFC West is going to have 1 10+ caliber team or not. Without Warner, this division could easily fall to a 7-9 win team, which just so happens to be the Niners caliber.

That is not controlling our future, because the Niners would still lose in the playoffs so whats the difference.

All Warner has had the power to decide is will the Niners have a shot at a meaningless divisional crown.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
i think this is mentioned because, yes although 49ers dominated Warner in their most recent match ups, Warner and the cardinals do pretty well against their remaining opponents... therefore they end up with a better record then us, or so that's what kind of happened the last two seasons.. without Warner, not only will 49ers continue to dominate the cards but Arizona will also struggle to win their other games as well... which would then give us a better opportunity to take the division without Warner qb'ing AZ....

ya dig
He doesn't the decision whether or not to get an actually get a good QB to start for our team does.
Originally posted by danimal:
Warner does not decide our future. He decides if the NFC West is going to have 1 10+ caliber team or not. Without Warner, this division could easily fall to a 7-9 win team, which just so happens to be the Niners caliber.

That is not controlling our future, because the Niners would still lose in the playoffs so whats the difference.

All Warner has had the power to decide is will the Niners have a shot at a meaningless divisional crown.

so if the Niners won the division next year you wouldn't be happy? If the Niners won the division then im gonna go crazy. It always means something when you make the playoffs. It'll help this team out tremendously with the young talent.

Meaningless my ass
Originally posted by hb123:
i think this is mentioned because, yes although 49ers dominated Warner in their most recent match ups, Warner and the cardinals do pretty well against their remaining opponents... therefore they end up with a better record then us, or so that's what kind of happened the last two seasons.. without Warner, not only will 49ers continue to dominate the cards but Arizona will also struggle to win their other games as well... which would then give us a better opportunity to take the division without Warner qb'ing AZ....

ya dig

Yeah this is true. While we have seemed to figure out how to beat the Cards with Warner, the rest of the league hasn't been able to do the same. even teams that were better than us couldn't beat them,i.e. Minnesota. We just may have the players to match up with them because we were built to beat them but other teams may not have that personnel that matches up welll against them.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I've been coming across a few articles about us being a elite team if Kurt Warner decides to leave the game. I don't quite understand why Warner is holding the keys to our success. I'm about tired of Warner. Ever since we had him in for a interview "sort of speak" last season, its like our team can't get better while he's in the division. What makes him so special? Didn't we beat them down twice this season? Warner is a good QB. I'm not taking that away from him, but my goodness, he's not alllllll that.

Warner does not decide our future is that know playing, can't throw deep, inaccurate small handed boy wonder who look like he came out of a batman comic! now that's who is holding us back!
Because he is a better QB than anyone we have and him leaving is the only chance we have to win the division. I am still worried about Seattle. Pete Carrol is NOT a bad NFL coach. He has a winning coaching NFL recrod fyi.

As u may recall,last year when Warner used us to get a higher offer from the Cards,he signed a 2 year deal at about 10-11 Million a year,No way in hell he walks away from that LOOT! He will be back so we just need to handle our business and win the games we are supposed to win and the division is ours because we know how to
beat the Tards' even if the League doesn't!
The 49ers will decide their own fate. Whether they win or not has nothing to do with Warner. They need to worry about their own games and how they play. Let the reporters worry about if Warner plays or not. They have nothing else to talk about.
I think hoping Warner quits so we can take the west is a puss way of thinking. I want to be in the playoffs because we deserve it, not by default.
Warner is in between us and the division title.

I feel that if we got into the playoffs, we'd be able to do some damage.
Actually.....as far as this last year....the niners were a better team. They have a far better D, running game but where the cards are better is the passing game.

However, again, as far as this year, people are saying the niners beat down the cards even though all games are pretty close, which is true.

People should really analyze WHT the cards had a better record than the niners. Because they did better against the rest of the league.....TRUE....but i wish people would analyze this further.

One person posted this and others agreed....SCHEDULING. The cards got to play playoff teams AT HOME and the Niners played playoff teams ON THE ROAD. SIMPLE AS THAT. Where Ariz did not. That's why this years schedule i like because we play the same home/away schedule as the cards so this will not happen again and we will win the division EVEN WITH SIGNIFICANT INJURIES.

SF
Minn on the road lost by 3 - without GORE
IND on road lost by 4 - without clements and both starting ot's
GB by 6 without both ot's, clements who would of done a lot better than t brown
PHI on the road

If we played any of these teams besides maybe PHI at home....WIN and win the division win as well.

So warner does do well against other common opponents but that depends as well on WHERE they play the opponents....especially the playoff ones. We have the same scheduling as them this year except giving up our home game to go to England which is cool, so i see no problem winning the division with or without warner
Share 49ersWebzone