There are 198 users in the forums

Frying cubed chicken hoping to eat steaks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Originally posted by kem99:
Originally posted by Joecool:
It was a sunny afternoon when the young man got home, with his mouth drooling for the taste of some cubed steaks! So he pulled the first package out of the freezer that looked like steak! After much seasoning and flowering the man was in a hurry to fry them into a golden brown color sort of like his skin and eat them without hesitation. As he finished his endeavor the smell of his meal made him think that this is chefs type of cooking. As he hurried to take the first bite of pleasure he quickly and profoundly found out that it was cubed chicken that he had cooked instead of cubed steaks! Yikes he said I'm just to tired to cook the steaks so the chicken will have to do. Is this the state of the 49ers settling for the chicken instead of throwing it away, and going after the steaks?

Most teams can still make the playoffs with cubed chicken. We can't keep getting out of our own way at times. It's like we are trying to cook the cubed chicken in the sun on the street when we have a nice BBQ right next to us.

The 49ers are not like most teams! We were the first team to win 5 superbowl so just getting to the playoffs with cubed chicken is not enough. We need premium cubed steaks to bring home what is rightfully ours!

I want the 49ers to do well as much as anybody but why exactly should Super Bowl titles be considered "rightfully" the 49ers. The Packers, Cowboys and Steelers all won multiple SB titles before the 49ers won one. They all then went into long periods of not winning titles, not making the playoffs, not winning playoff games when they did make it, etc. Even before the 49ers started their run in the 1981 season, they went 2-14, 2-14 and 6-10 (including the last 2 of those years under Walsh).

The 49ers had an unprecedented run of success from 1981 to 1998, including setting the record for consecutive seasons of at least 10 wins. Not coincidentally, the run was led by the 49ers having HOF QB play from Montana to Young for almost the entirety of that time period.

One could argue that the 49ers (and their fans) ate steak for 18 years, became complacent and are now being reminded how difficult it really is to win consistently in the NFL. I'm not saying the fans should not hold the team and ownership responsible for its problems but lets keep it in perspective. Every NFL "dynasty" has gone through the same types of problems the 49ers are experiencing now and we were all spoiled by the quality and length of the run through the 80's and 90's.

Now I see why we go 7-9 and 8-8 with this kind of thinking!

Why is that?

This is a ridiculous thread, I thought you were trying to get a laugh..if not, then you are really out of touch with reality.

Listen I know there is an up time and down time but to stay down and not be productive at all is not my vision of the forty-niners! Now we've been down to long now. Practicly the whole decade! Enough is enough!
Originally posted by valrod33:

Cool post bro!
Being a vegetarian I find this thread extremely offensive, and I ask that you alter the title name to something more vegetarian friendly.
This 2010 Draft and Free Agency period will determine if we are Top Sirloin next year or Chopped Liver!
[ Edited by Mister49 on Jan 25, 2010 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Being a vegetarian I find this thread extremely offensive, and I ask that you alter the title name to something more vegetarian friendly.

Why my friend? God has a place for all animals in this world. Right next to the mashed potatoes.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Why my friend? God has a place for all animals in this world. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

-9fA

Is that why you're Phat but also skinny?

and then u probably ate him

Rabbit is good eating if prepared correctly. Eat em all!!!!!

Go NiNERS!!

Rabbit is good eating if prepared correctly. Eat em all!!!!!

Go NiNERS!!

You guys are soooooooo! Stupid
I had to read all of that and that was the best punch line you could come up with. Don't look for SI to come calling anytime soon.
Share 49ersWebzone