LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

GORE NAMED TO PROBOWL!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Found this list of alternates

NFC

QB - Donovan McNabb - PHI (1st), Tony Romo - DAL (2nd), Kurt Warner - ARI (3rd), Eli Manning - NYG (4th)

RB - Frank Gore - SF (1st), Ryan Grant - GB

FB -

WR - Steve Smith - NYG (1st)

TE - Tony Gonzalez - ATL (1st), Brent Celek - PHI (2nd)

G - Chris Snee - NYG (1st), Davin Joseph - TB (2nd), Todd Herremans - PHI (4th)

T - David Diehl - NYG (1st), Chad Clifton - GB

C - Chris Snee - NYG (1st)

DE - Justin Smith - SF (2nd), Justin Tuck - NYG (3rd)

DT - Brodrick Bunkley - PHI (4th)

OLB - Clay Matthews - GB (1st)

ILB - AJ Hawk - GB

CB - Sheldon Brown - PHI (2nd)

FS -

SS - Quintin Mikell - PHI (3rd)

P -

ST - Michael Robinson - SF (2nd)

KR - Johnny Knox - CHI (2nd), Domenik Hixon - NYG (3rd)
I love Gore as much as the next guy and I extend a hearty congrats, but setting homerism aside, I don't think he really deserves the Pro Bowl this year. Not so much for HIS performance, but that our line never really gave him a chance to excel and perform to his capabilities. That said, I'm very happy for him.
he deserved it anyway, i think he had the best year of the NFC running backs.....(one of the best averages in the nfl behind Johnson), a better avg than the other pro bowl rb's and 2nd in scoring.....would of been 1st in scoring if he played 3 more games, not to mention at least 200 yards.

He deserved it.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
COngrats to the man. He had some great runs this year and still broke 1k missing a few games. Good job. I know the bar isn't really 1000 anymore but he did it 4 in a row. Can't turn down on a free ride inclusive to Hawaii and some extra loot.

Go Niners

actually the pro bowl is in miami now
Originally posted by elguapo:
he deserved it anyway, i think he had the best year of the NFC running backs.....(one of the best averages in the nfl behind Johnson), a better avg than the other pro bowl rb's and 2nd in scoring.....would of been 1st in scoring if he played 3 more games, not to mention at least 200 yards.

He deserved it.

Really huh? Check the stats bro. He's behind Johnson, Charles, Thomas, Bush, Rice, behind both Carolina RB's, McGahee & greene. would've been first in scoring if he hadn't missed the 3 games? really think so huh?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by wailers15:
wow people! he's going as a replacement. so it';s not like he was voted in because he wasnt! i hate crap like this.

Actually he WAS voted to be an alternate by the coaches and players, which is more important than a fan popularity contest.

However, it's laughable to me that Antoine Winfield is a replacement and may actually be playing due to the Rogers-Cromartie injury and has worse stats than Dre Bly.

I understand how the voting system works. going in as a replacement is not a high mark. your going in as an alternate. ALTERNATE!! means you were looked over but oh okay we consider what you did. CRAP!
The AFC is going to get Gored...
Pro Bowl Baby!!!!

Originally posted by valrod33:

GOOD JOB Frank "THE TANK" Gore
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Pro Bowl Baby!!!!

Hell yea that would be sweet to have gore on the cover of madden! But I would rather him not because I don't want him to get hurt.

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Snider8706.
Congrats gore I'm glad I get to see you in the pro bowl.......f**k anyone talking negative about the niners best RB of all time.......yea I said it!
The Tank is rolling into Miami!!! Congrats Frank!

He deserved it.

Really huh? Check the stats bro. He's behind Johnson, Charles, Thomas, Bush, Rice, behind both Carolina RB's, McGahee & greene. would've been first in scoring if he hadn't missed the 3 games? really think so huh?

Um, maybe you should check the stats.

He's behind Johnson, Charles, Rice, Williams and Stewart. Which means he's third in the NFC behind two guys on a team that does nothing but run the ball.

McGahee and Greene don't even have 550 yards rushing, and barely even 1,000 yards combined. Bush doesn't even sniff 400 yards. Why not throw Cribbs in there while you're at it? He rushed for only 9 less yards than Bush and his ypc is 6.9, holy s**t, that makes him better than Chris Johnson!

He may not have lead the league in scoring, but he would have definitely been in the top five for sure if he didn't miss those games. Give the guy some goddamn credit.

He deserved it.

He's behind Johnson, Charles, Rice, Williams and Stewart. Which means he's third in the NFC behind two guys on a team that does nothing but run the ball.

McGahee and Greene don't even have 550 yards rushing, and barely even 1,000 yards combined. Bush doesn't even sniff 400 yards. Why not throw Cribbs in there while you're at it? He rushed for only 9 less yards than Bush and his ypc is 6.9, holy s**t, that makes him better than Chris Johnson!

He may not have lead the league in scoring, but he would have definitely been in the top five for sure if he didn't miss those games. Give the guy some goddamn credit.

if were talking about YPC, it doesnt matter if the guys in front of him run the ball a million times, or not at all. YPC is what you do with what you get. theres no carry biases.

but yes, Gore deserves to go. he deserved to go over DeAngelo Williams also. he was a fantastic back this year, as usual, even when his team chose to pass more than run. he scored a career high 13 TD's.

Frank got the job done, even with a horrible run blocking line on a spread offense. major props.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

He deserved it.

if were talking about YPC, it doesnt matter if the guys in front of him run the ball a million times, or not at all. YPC is what you do with what you get. theres no carry biases.

but yes, Gore deserves to go. he deserved to go over DeAngelo Williams also. he was a fantastic back this year, as usual, even when his team chose to pass more than run. he scored a career high 13 TD's.

Frank got the job done, even with a horrible run blocking line on a spread offense. major props.

Gore was pretty awesome this year. Considering 3 missed games, horrible horrible O-Line and everything else going against him, he still managed to pull out a good year.
Share 49ersWebzone