There are 279 users in the forums

The problem with Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
I don't think anyone can convince me or narrow down any one problem with Alex Smith. He looked pretty good to me this year behind a very poor offensive line and receivers he didn't have much timing with. What stands out when I watch him is the wild throws or the rocket balls on short passes and the footwork on those throws. However, I also have to take into account that he was usually under pressure during these situations. The worst pass I saw him throw all year was the duck he laid up to Crabtree in the last game of the season. Other than that he looked light years ahead of where he was before getting injured.

So it looks like we'll have to wait and see how he functions behind a solid line and more reps with his receivers.

Usually under pressure???? its the NFL dude....
Alex is just not the guy, dont be suprised he gets replaced by the start of the 2010 season.

j/k? Hill or Davis? Or a rookie? Just wait and see what he does with a line and the pre season as starter.

He starts. Only an injury stops that

Or a trade. If available, we must trade a 1st for McNabb just to stop him from going to the Cards if Warner retires. Send Smith to Buffalo, maybe they will give us a 4th round pick

McNabb is injured too easily, let him go to the Cards, he will be injured and out for the season after a game or two. He was a great QB in his prime, but he is past it now.

He played 14 games and had a 93 qb rating on a team that never has any running game. If that's past his prime ill take it.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
I don't think anyone can convince me or narrow down any one problem with Alex Smith. He looked pretty good to me this year behind a very poor offensive line and receivers he didn't have much timing with. What stands out when I watch him is the wild throws or the rocket balls on short passes and the footwork on those throws. However, I also have to take into account that he was usually under pressure during these situations. The worst pass I saw him throw all year was the duck he laid up to Crabtree in the last game of the season. Other than that he looked light years ahead of where he was before getting injured.

So it looks like we'll have to wait and see how he functions behind a solid line and more reps with his receivers.

Usually under pressure???? its the NFL dude....
Alex is just not the guy, dont be suprised he gets replaced by the start of the 2010 season.

j/k? Hill or Davis? Or a rookie? Just wait and see what he does with a line and the pre season as starter.

He starts. Only an injury stops that

Or a trade. If available, we must trade a 1st for McNabb just to stop him from going to the Cards if Warner retires. Send Smith to Buffalo, maybe they will give us a 4th round pick

McNabb is injured too easily, let him go to the Cards, he will be injured and out for the season after a game or two. He was a great QB in his prime, but he is past it now.

He played 14 games and had a 93 qb rating on a team that never has any running game. If that's past his prime ill take it.

By under pressure I meant 3 step drop and he's on his a$$ without a throwing lane. Throwing lanes are crucial and we don't create much less pick up blitzes. No QB is going to look decent under those conditions.

Trading for McNabb is about the worst idea I've ever heard. Andy Reid doesn't even run close to the style of offense we run for starters, and yes, McNabb is one hit away from retirement. A 93 rating on THAT team. The eagles actually have a pretty good offensive line in case you haven't noticed. A 1st round pick? Dude...... I don't even need to comment on that one.
Originally posted by Super5:
is he takes too long to improve, 5 yrs to become an inconsistent NFL QB?, Please. Maybe by the time he is 35, he will finally begin to show some promise.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Too many OC's
Bad OL
Poor coaching
Lucky to come out in weak draft
System QB
Not good to begin with

Dude's a robot! Know football feelings at all!

When does emotion = greatness???

Good question. I really wished Patrick Willis cried. That would really make him all-pro in my mind.
Do we realy need another friggin Smith thread?
Share 49ersWebzone