LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 206 users in the forums

Per MM.....Bobby April IS ON 49ERS' RADAR :

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bobby April: Niners haven't made offer ... yet
Just got off the phone with Bobby April, presumably the 49ers leading candidate for special teams coordinator. April, 56, said he had a good conversation with Mike Singletary in Orlando on Tuesday. He said that Singletary did not offer him the job, although the two plan to speak by telephone later this week. April also has met with the Steelers about their vacancy at special teams coordinator and that he's heard from other teams as well. He declined to identify those teams before anything was concrete.

April is a New Orleans native who spent three years with the Saints under then-coach Mike Ditka. "Coach Ditka on many, many occasions used Mike Singletary as the quintessential guy you want to be like in the league," April said. "And that always resonated with me."

April said he had never met Singletary until Tuesday. He said that Ditka's description of Singletary came to life when they met. "He definitely has an aura," April said. "He has a presence that projects strength and projects character. He's a person of conviction."

During their meeting, Singletary said he spoke about the importance of family. In fact, Singletary wanted April to bring his wife and children to California to meet with Singletary and his wife, Kim. April, however, has school-aged children and couldn't make the trip. Instead the two will speak by phone.

Asked about his time line for making a decision, April said he'd like to make it "relatively quickly. I'm going to weigh a couple of things. I'm going to talk to some people. I have options," he said. "A lot of guys don't have options. I'm very fortunate to have options, and I don't take that lightly."

Most of April's NFL jobs have been in the eastern time zone, and he spent the last six seasons with the Buffalo Bills. But he said he was not averse to moving to the west coast. After all, he spent 11 years at the University of Arizona and another four at USC.

Singletary also has interviewed Larry Mac Duff for the position. Mac Duff ran the 49ers special teams from 2003-2006. He was succeeded by Al Everest. Last week, the 49ers decided not to renew Everest's contract
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Bobby April: Niners haven't made offer ... yet
Just got off the phone with Bobby April...

Quote:
Posting of copyrighted material such as, but not limited to, complete articles from commercial pay sites or personal sites is strictly prohibited. Instead, you must link to or summarize the articles. We have the right to delete any posts that contain such copyrighted material.
Oh yippy a special teams coach.
  • king32
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Not this
Originally posted by jreff22:

WTF? Al Davis get a sex change? Is that his Mom, Wife? F**k it I can't tell the difference anymore!
He has options, will he choose us?
Originally posted by jreff22:

dig it

I know right??... It's not like Special Teams matters in the NFL. It only accounts for 1/3 of what it takes to win in this league and we only lost 3 games because of ST this season!

Besides, who cares about field position anyway??
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I know right??... It's not like Special Teams matters in the NFL. It only accounts for 1/3 of what it takes to win in this league and we only lost 3 games because of ST this season!

Besides, who cares about field position anyway??

Yeah you're right. Who cares about field position when you have the best punter in the league. Right? Right?

Why fire Al Everest when we had no return man? You saw our special teams when we have an ACTUAL kick returner in Rossum. You fire the guy who had no options. Smart choice Singletary. Keep the leader of the worst group on the team, the o-line coach.

I'd like CA after being up to my arse in 4 feet of snow every day from Nov-April
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

Am I a troll or are you just mentally weak?

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jan 13, 2010 at 17:03:49 ]

Make no mistake, you are a troll, and a horrible one at that.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Make no mistake, you are a troll, and a horrible one at that.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I'd rather have Reggie Bush since he'll be making less money then he came into the league with. lol

do u want reggie bush? u're retard..

Yeah, sure I am.

Lolz.. ok..

LOL BuZz you're killing me. Dude waldo u're retard

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

This is true, I can tell you personally, that WheresWaldo is one of the best (and at the same time, worst) trolls you'll ever see on the interwebz.

I'm the worst, but I'm also the best? How does that work?
Share 49ersWebzone