There are 214 users in the forums

use of the roll out on long pas to crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
It worked because everybody (including myself) expected a run when Morgan was motioned to chip block.

Edit: I give Raye a lot of credit for the design.

-9fA

I agree, however when did he come up with that design? After the run version of that play failed miserably in meaningful games? Then he changes it up against the Lions of all teams?

Just seems like the innovation showed up a little late. Hopefully he has the capacity to adapt when drawing up the original gameplan rather than halftime when the game is all but lost.

The play worked as it did because other opponents had seen footage of the play. Every other time that we've motioned Morgan to chip the DE, it's been a run.

The Lions (most likely) weren't expecting the pass and they were fooled when they saw it was playaction with Crabtree streaking down the field and Smith rolling out.

IMO, the play worked more so because they weren't expecting the pass.

-9fA

When we have passed on that play, it was always unsuccessful to Morgan sneaking out in the flat.
crabtree made a great fake...watching the replay, you see the corner turn and go to sideline before realizing crabtree had continued straight upfield
Originally posted by hofer36:
crabtree made a great fake...watching the replay, you see the corner turn and go to sideline before realizing crabtree had continued straight upfield

I actually that was all on the corner. He shouldn't ever be looking into the backfield..

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone