Patrick Willis- Some contract numbers comparison

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
12 years 120 million

THIS

/thread
pay him as much as he wants
Originally posted by backontop:
I say give the man what ever he wants. If he wants to sleep with Michelle Obama someone better make it happen

THIS!!!!
Originally posted by Conejo:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
12 years 120 million

THIS

/thread
Patrick Willis has no use for money, he preys on the souls of offensive football players
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
a billion dollars
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Patrick Willis has no use for money, he preys on the souls of offensive football players

LOL!

I hope you are right...
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

LOL!

I hope you are right...

ask these guys. their souls are gone!!!

what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object? patrick willis wins

the last thing you see before you die...
I say give the man what ever he wants. If he wants to sleep with Michelle Obama someone better make it happen

why....he could do SO much better...
Originally posted by Niners99:

why....he could do SO much better...

If he wants to sleep with every women in the world someone better make it happen

I'm all for paying the man. But cap year or not it would be stupid to give him an inflated contract.

Because there will most certainly be another cap system put in place.

If he got a huge contract, we'd more than likely lose him the year that Cap comes back into effect.

So if we want to throw a Mint at him it has got to be on a year to year basis so as to be able to fit 53 players under the Cap when it is reinstalled. And it will be. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I'm all for paying the man. But cap year or not it would be stupid to give him an inflated contract.

Because there will most certainly be another cap system put in place.

If he got a huge contract, we'd more than likely lose him the year that Cap comes back into effect.

So if we want to throw a Mint at him it has got to be on a year to year basis so as to be able to fit 53 players under the Cap when it is reinstalled. And it will be. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

~Ceadder

Nah once J Jones and Snyder get their way there's no way the cap will be coming back. I'm pretty sure about that. Schefter was talking about it on Mike and Mike in the morning and he said that we may not have football in 2011 because the owners aren't just disagreeing with the players, they're disagreeing with themselves. Guys like Jones, Snyder, big market teams, they don't want the cap. Teams like Jax, KC, Pitt, all want the cap. I don't think that you can put a cap back in place once its gone with the big money owners like Snyder and Jones in the game. I actually expect a lot of the uncapped year restrictions on signing players(teams that made the playoffs can't sign as many UFAs or something, 6 years of service vs 4 to be FA, etc.) to go away once they hit a new CBA. Schefter said the NFL could look a lot like the MLB as far as the big market teams being the cash cows 2-3 years from now. I trust Schefter.

To be honest I'm not sure I would mind if that happened. If we get our new stadium and start winning we can go back to the free spending ways of Eddie D with Jed in the drivers seat and we might be able to buy some championships ourselves.
  • Remmaps
  • Info N/A
Willis is an ILB and should be paid as such. He's like a FB on defense.
First, i sure hope there is a cap if not we are in trouble and the Redskins, and cowboys will sign every big name they can.

Second, Pat Willis gets whatever contract he wants. IF he walks our Defense goes back to square one.

He is the best LB in the game no questions asked, hands down not even close. Ray Ray had it, but it is time to pass the torch.

I say somewhere in the vicinity of 7 yrs 60-65 million 20-23 million guaranteed.

Share 49ersWebzone