LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

The scary thing about our offense is...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
What is even scarier is the fact that the points you mention were from both the turnover and normal offensive possession opportunities combined! I was hearing Tim McDonald on "The Point After" and he figured an average of 4pts per turnover is a fair average for an offense.

We have a great defense and it will continue to improve. We may just have to settle for a team that wins based on the great D, such as the Bears, Buccaneers, Ravens, etc. of the past.

Nobody is going to support this.... who wants to be a cheap version of the Bears or Ravens?

You don't have to be a fan if you don't want. I know we grew up watching an offensive-minded team, but the reality is that things have changed and are evolving differently.

We invented the freaking WCO, yet have abandoned it a long time ago now. Did the owners do anything to retain our identity and try to re-establish it or bring it back?? No.

I will support the team, win or lose. Defense or Offense. Championships or not.
What is even scarier is the fact that the points you mention were from both the turnover and normal offensive possession opportunities combined! I was hearing Tim McDonald on "The Point After" and he figured an average of 4pts per turnover is a fair average for an offense.

We have a great defense and it will continue to improve. We may just have to settle for a team that wins based on the great D, such as the Bears, Buccaneers, Ravens, etc. of the past.

Nobody is going to support this.... who wants to be a cheap version of the Bears or Ravens?

You don't have to be a fan if you don't want. I know we grew up watching an offensive-minded team, but the reality is that things have changed and are evolving differently.

We invented the freaking WCO, yet have abandoned it a long time ago now. Did the owners do anything to retain our identity and try to re-establish it or bring it back?? No.

I have the pulse of the fan base. I know what the fan on the street wants and will support.... This isn't it.
.......the offense sucks the way Singletary has it going right now! I think Singletary is forcing Raye to run a hybrid pro-style/spread offense. He wants to make sure to utilize Gore.

It does not work for Alex!! The most important thing is to do is what's best for Alex if the Niners are going to keep him as the starter! He has proven that he is at least decent and maybe even good in the spread......and he sucks in the pro-style offense.

This is a quarterback driven league. Gore has maybe 2 more productive years. IF Alex can be good, he could be a starter for another 10 years!.....in a QB driven league!

I have the pulse of the fan base. I know what the fan on the street wants and will support.... This isn't it.

"I have the pulse of the fan base"

Hey man... Those who chose to follow the team for what it is will continue to watch. Regardless of what their identity is. You can jump off the Niner's ship and go root for the Colts or Saints if you want?? They have a badass O.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The scary thing about our offense is.............nothing. We should be blowing teams out when we get that many tunovers.

Agree we need to put teams like the Lions away. Hopefully the offseason will help this offense.
It takes a few turnovers for us to score because when we get one....we go three and out and have to punt. This turns the field position around and when we get 2 more turnovers...we are close enough to score.
That it still operated when changed halfway through the year. You guys can cry and whine all you like, but the 80's-90's are long gone, and aren't coming back. Ask anyone that knows, and they will tell you that one of the hardest things to do is change offensive philosophy in the middle of the season. Steve Young and the guys on NFL countdown said it on the Monday Night Football set right before we went out and whooped the Cards.

You guys think you know more than the guys making the decisions, then why don't you submit your resumes and try and take their jobs, if the Yorks are so cheap, you guys will be snapped up right away seeing as how you are all experts and this being your first hires, would come cheap. Then you could mold this team into instant contenders since it is so easy to find hall of fame players and pro bowlers to fill every roster spot. I mean, it works so good at Madden 10, you should be able to build a dynasty in the NFL in a year or two. Please do this for the team and us fans, why limit yourselves to these message boards when there is so much you can offer the team?

"I have the pulse of the fan base"

Hey man... Those who chose to follow the team for what it is will continue to watch. Regardless of what their identity is. You can jump off the Niner's ship and go root for the Colts or Saints if you want?? They have a badass O.

I have boots on the ground here.... in the middle of it all. I'm not communicating to you from Tennessee or Pennsylvania or even So. Cal. I'm true NorCal to the heart and I know what the fans want.

I can see you're Norcal too. You know people aren't buying into this.
Our O-line. I almost fell off my chair when Dick Stockton was talking about what a wonderful O-line Sing had developed. I would expect that from a ex-jock who is in his first year of announcing but not from someone who has been around the game as long as Stockton has.

On a side note, I think that Charles Davis (I think that's his name) made a couple of good points on how he was seeing develop in passing skills for Smith. I too was concerned about the number of passes batted down, and at first was wondering what type of throw he made to Davis on the out. On replay, I saw what the commentator was talking about because he had to loft it over a DB.

I am seeing good things happening, but man we have to fix the o-Line.
Share 49ersWebzone