There are 232 users in the forums

The scary thing about our offense is...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We caused 5 turnovers against the bears, and scored 10 points.

We caused 7 turnovers against the Cardinals and only scored 24 points.

We had caused 6 turnovers against the Lions and only scored 20 points.

Anybody else as worried as I am? Our offense just can't score points. I mean, what would have happened if we didnt cause 6 turnovers against the Lions today? Would we have lost the game!?
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Anybody else as worried as I am? Our offense just can't score points. I mean, what would have happened if we didnt cause 6 turnovers against the Lions today? Would we have lost the game!?

Niners had 20 points mid-way through the third period. From that point forward, with a 20-3 lead, they attempted all of one pass I think. Sing and Raye seemed much more concerned with running out the clock than they did with putting up more scores. I think at least two or maybe even three of the Lions turnovers came during this time. I think that if they weren't so concerned with running down the clock that they probably would have scored a few more points.
We have a horrendous offensive line; terrible play calling; and, a mediocre QB...that adds up to very few points regardless of who the opponent is...
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
We have a horrendous offensive line; terrible play calling; and, a mediocre QB...that adds up to very few points regardless of who the opponent is...

this sums it up..Smith isn't horrendous but he's not great. Our OL f**king sucks and Raye sucks, he's OK at times but he lacks creativity big time.

All these things put together and you have a sorry ass offense
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Dec 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM ]
O who do you blame for our inept offense? Alex? Bad O line? Bad talent evaluators ? Or bad coaching? I say coaching... This is O that Singletary wants ... Don't take chances and let the D win the game. And by the Linehan did a great job today... Ya right
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

this sums it up..Smith isn't horrendous but he's not great. Our OL f**king sucks and Raye sucks, he's OK at times but he lacks creativity big time.

we get all that fixed including singletary's love for being conservative when up we have the makings of being a very dangerous offense with the addition of 1 or 2 speed offensive threats. then again its easier said then done
The scary thing about our offense is.............nothing. We should be blowing teams out when we get that many tunovers.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 27, 2009 at 9:19 PM ]

I said Smith is mediocre not horrendous...although I do wonder if he aims for defensive lineman instead of receivers

I said Smith is mediocre not horrendous...although I do wonder if he aims for defensive lineman instead of receivers

and I agreed with you lol..
...The teams inability to get first downs and convert third downs.

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Dez Bryant's 40 time was what? or cj is?

I think Alex makes Raye look worse than he is....

he called some plays that should have been TDs... the play to Crabtree and the play to Walker..... there were a couple of nice plays called that just weren't executed right..
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The scary thing about our offense is.............nothing. We should be blowing teams out when we get that many tunovers.

This
We probably have the record now for least points off turnovers generated in a single season.

I wonder if they keep that statistic.
It's because we play like a bunch of girls... We need to realize the team we are playing on any given week.. Like this week we know we were playing the lions and other than Delmas(who's a stud) and Peterson(who seems to know how to kick our ass everytime we play him) they have no talent on that defense... But the 49ers style on offense is keep the game close hopfully we can pull it out at the end no matter who the oppenent is... Now Singletary might wanna hit people in the mouth and be phisical with an 'F' but he really meens that only on Defense.. he needs to know that u need to score points to win games ... Put people in places where they can succeed... Do u guys know why Alex smith doesn't get the play call in time? Cause Jimmy raye is old and speaks slow .... Mike do the right thing... Learn about offense.... messagetosamuraimike.com from 50,000 fans who want a winning team!
Share 49ersWebzone