Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Sounds like excuses for Smith's inability to throw accurately. Now it's our TE's and WR's who don't attack the ball. Amazing.

Well you see, Alex is a great QB, IF he has an all pro o-line, future Hall of fame Wide outs, a great Pro-bowl tight end, a running back that can block, rush for 100 yards and receive for anther 1000, oh and toss in a beast of a fullback who can pick up every blitz, and act as a safety valve to check down. Oh and did I mention this all has to happen from the shotgun, in an offense designed around him!

I mean come on Alex fan boys you aren't asking for much are you!

Exactly camper. I posted that yesterday. No Qb ever has the perfect setting to succeed. They just do and in turn they make everyone else better.

QB has got to make lemonade from lemons all day and twice on Sunday!

so you are saying that QB's never throw a ball that a receiver has to make a play on? Look at the Carolina vs Minn game. Moore was throwing passes that were off target all game and yet his receivers made plays on the ball.

Some people have no clue wtf they are talking about.

Don't be so hard on yourself son, your just a dog on the wrong scent!

Look what we are saying is no team is ever perfect, nothing goes as planned, from the art of war the quote reads "no plan survives contact with the enemy"

Alex seems to lack flexibility, but his fans sure can stretch things, hell boy to listen to some of you guys carry on you would think that the sun rises out of Alex's ass!

Bottom line Alex is very average and we wasted a first round pick on a good back-up QB! Thats all now you try saying it out loud a few times and let it sink in...... there don't you feel better?

Whats a matter back on top?

oh sorry I changed the settings on my computer to ignore ignorant post. Don't worry I changed them back and can see your post loud and clear.

Alex lacks flexibility??? How does he lack flexibility? In 2006 he ran pretty much exclusively from under center. Now he is mainly running from the shotgun. So hmm seems pretty flexible to me. the fact that the coaches are trying to play towards his strengths is just smart football. You should back away from your computer and learn about football before you continue to post.

Good I see we are on the verge of a breakthrough, you said it you may not have meant it but verbalization is important at this point!

Yes Alex lacks Flexibility, he does not adjust well to the blitz. Alex has many good points and I will acknowledge that. He does have a few weakneses let me list my thoughts.
1) Poor footwork in his drop back
2) inability to turn his back on Defense, hurts his play action
3) Does not read blitz well
4) to much arm on short passes
5) does not use his eyes to hold coverage well

The list was longer, but I will admit Alex has shown improvement, I just don't know if he will be worth waiting for.

All the excuses I hear people make for Alex would not cut it with any coach I have ever worked with, and I doubt the Alex would use any of them, you don't get as far has Alex has by hiding behind excuses!

none of that has to do with flexibility. That has to do with mechanics and reading defenses. Even if Alex were to read a blitz correctly it wouldn't matter because the blitz pickup is so horrible that he would have to run for his life as soon as the ball was snapped(see philly game)
Fire Jerry Sulivan!

and hire Jerry Rice

It actually makes sense?
Sounds like excuses for Smith's inability to throw accurately. Now it's our TE's and WR's who don't attack the ball. Amazing.

Well you see, Alex is a great QB, IF he has an all pro o-line, future Hall of fame Wide outs, a great Pro-bowl tight end, a running back that can block, rush for 100 yards and receive for anther 1000, oh and toss in a beast of a fullback who can pick up every blitz, and act as a safety valve to check down. Oh and did I mention this all has to happen from the shotgun, in an offense designed around him!

Exactly camper. I posted that yesterday. No Qb ever has the perfect setting to succeed. They just do and in turn they make everyone else better.

so you are saying that QB's never throw a ball that a receiver has to make a play on? Look at the Carolina vs Minn game. Moore was throwing passes that were off target all game and yet his receivers made plays on the ball.

Look what we are saying is no team is ever perfect, nothing goes as planned, from the art of war the quote reads "no plan survives contact with the enemy"

Alex seems to lack flexibility, but his fans sure can stretch things, hell boy to listen to some of you guys carry on you would think that the sun rises out of Alex's ass!

Bottom line Alex is very average and we wasted a first round pick on a good back-up QB! Thats all now you try saying it out loud a few times and let it sink in...... there don't you feel better?

oh sorry I changed the settings on my computer to ignore ignorant post. Don't worry I changed them back and can see your post loud and clear.

Alex lacks flexibility??? How does he lack flexibility? In 2006 he ran pretty much exclusively from under center. Now he is mainly running from the shotgun. So hmm seems pretty flexible to me. the fact that the coaches are trying to play towards his strengths is just smart football. You should back away from your computer and learn about football before you continue to post.

Good I see we are on the verge of a breakthrough, you said it you may not have meant it but verbalization is important at this point!

Yes Alex lacks Flexibility, he does not adjust well to the blitz. Alex has many good points and I will acknowledge that. He does have a few weakneses let me list my thoughts.

The list was longer, but I will admit Alex has shown improvement, I just don't know if he will be worth waiting for.

All the excuses I hear people make for Alex would not cut it with any coach I have ever worked with, and I doubt the Alex would use any of them, you don't get as far has Alex has by hiding behind excuses!

none of that has to do with flexibility. That has to do with mechanics and reading defenses. Even if Alex were to read a blitz correctly it wouldn't matter because the blitz pickup is so horrible that he would have to run for his life as soon as the ball was snapped(see philly game)

Alex has consistently had a 90+ QB rating against the blitz so....?
Josh Morgan is like he's in slow motion all the time. Watching him return kicks is an arduous experience. And it's like he's always getting tackled by his shoestrings. F**king annoying.

Does anyone else notice this? Sorry I skipped the Josh Morgan thread.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

wow I wasn't aware of that. I guess that just proves his statement wrong and makes mine just look flat out stupid
this post raises a great point that I have thought of as well when watching niners games....

one problem may be that the wide outs are not really all that tall....crabtree, morgan, bruce, hill & battle are all in that 6-1 range...crabtree went up for a sideline pass vs eagles late in the game sunday, but the db made a good play and knocked it away....compare that to the chargers, who have guys that are 6-5 (vincent jackson, malcolm floyd, kassim osgood)....

I'd like to see niners add a tall receiver in 2010, one who cam sky and get the ball from the db...jackson & floyd are free agents, i doubt san diego lets jackson go, but floyd would be nice addition for niners...he has played very well vs niners in past games

the niners receivers are all pretty much cut from a similar build...mcloughan might want to adda speedster as well as a tall receiver...with more variety in the receiving corp they could create better matchups vs the defense
Originally posted by modninerfan:
NO CRabtree is THe only REceiver i've seen attack the ball.
MOrgan and DAvis wait for it and its ANnoying.

yep.

Jason hill goes for the ball, and from the small time brandon jones has been in, he goes for it.

Hell zeigler goes for it more than any of them do.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

yep.

Jason hill goes for the ball, and from the small time brandon jones has been in, he goes for it.

Jason Hill attacks the ball??? I haven't seen him attack the ball. then again I might be blinded by the fact that he never catches it.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

yep.

Jason Hill attacks the ball??? I haven't seen him attack the ball. then again I might be blinded by the fact that he never catches it.

or maybe that he never plays
They are young, and simply look lost half the time. Crabtree makes some occasional great catches, but no one really goes up for the ball and plucks it. That first INT made me want to sign the intercepting defender to come play offense for us. This is not to alleviate Smith from all blame. Look, I'm a New Orleans man... love the Saints and watch every game. Believe me when I tell you... Colston, Meachem, Lance Moore, Shockey... those receivers go after the ball, and all look like they know what they are doing. Then I watch the following 49ers game, and could swear we are not playing in the same league with the bunch we have.

Yes, yes... they WILL get better, and I'm patient. Until then, it is worth mentioning though.

I thought G-camper was a much better poster here... am I mistaken or what happened to that old guy?

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Fire Jerry Sulivan!

and hire Jerry Rice

It actually makes sense?

Yeah why not!!!

Nice job reading post!

Nice job reading post!

adjusting to the blitz is not flexibility. Flexibility is having the ability to be used in multiple facets of the game. Adjusting to the blitz is just part of the position. nice job at failing

Nice job reading post!

adjusting to the blitz is not flexibility. Flexibility is having the ability to be used in multiple facets of the game. Adjusting to the blitz is just part of the position. nice job at failing

That is your definition, I feel that being mentally flexible and able to make changes dictated by coverages and blitzes, or personal packages is flexibility. Alex is so mentally ridged he can only function well out of the shotgun.

I guess by your definition since Alex can't return punts and doesn't play defense, and therefore isn't ably to be used in "multiple facets of the game" he is inflexible?

WOW it hurts my head trying to think like you!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

That 90% did not show well against the eagles!
Share 49ersWebzone