Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do Our WR & TE Fight for the ball

Fire Jerry Sulivan!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Fire Jerry Sulivan!

THIS
Originally posted by susweel:
[b]No, they are pussies who are afraid to get hit. [/b]

All the speed in the world don't mean s**t if you have no heart. Tell VD to watch some old footage of Brent Jones that dude was fearless.

ur damn right! i agree that!
Sounds like excuses for Smith's inability to throw accurately. Now it's our TE's and WR's who don't attack the ball. Amazing.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Sounds like excuses for Smith's inability to throw accurately. Now it's our TE's and WR's who don't attack the ball. Amazing.

there isn't a single QB in the history of the game that can throw accurately 100% of the time. That is why great receivers make great plays by adjusting to the ball. Even receivers for the Saints, Patriots and Colts have to adjust to the ball. And why is that? because the ball is off target
That interception that VD got blamed for pissed me off something terribly. He must outweigh each of those defenders by 50 pounds, if he were anywhere near that ball he could have just Shaq'd their a$$es away from it. Infuriating. Guess that's just youth and inexperience. Bet he doesnt make the same mistake twice.
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
That interception that VD got blamed for pissed me off something terribly. He must outweigh each of those defenders by 50 pounds, if he were anywhere near that ball he could have just Shaq'd their a$$es away from it. Infuriating. Guess that's just youth and inexperience. Bet he doesnt make the same mistake twice.

he was near the ball. He just didn't make the slightest attempt at the ball
Originally posted by backontop:

there isn't a single QB in the history of the game that can throw accurately 100% of the time. That is why great receivers make great plays by adjusting to the ball. Even receivers for the Saints, Patriots and Colts have to adjust to the ball. And why is that? because the ball is off target

Have you ever heard the term "throwing a wide receiver open"?

actually no I haven't because I speak english. If you are attempting to say throw to a receiver that is open then yes I have. Davis was open, the ball was where it needed to be. Davis just didn't adjust to make the catch. The elite receivers in the league have to adjust to passes all the time. If Davis wants to be an elite TE then he needs to start adjusting to the ball and actually making an effort to catch the ball.

Well you see, Alex is a great QB, IF he has an all pro o-line, future Hall of fame Wide outs, a great Pro-bowl tight end, a running back that can block, rush for 100 yards and receive for anther 1000, oh and toss in a beast of a fullback who can pick up every blitz, and act as a safety valve to check down. Oh and did I mention this all has to happen from the shotgun, in an offense designed around him!

I mean come on Alex fan boys you aren't asking for much are you!

Well you see, Alex is a great QB, IF he has an all pro o-line, future Hall of fame Wide outs, a great Pro-bowl tight end, a running back that can block, rush for 100 yards and receive for anther 1000, oh and toss in a beast of a fullback who can pick up every blitz, and act as a safety valve to check down. Oh and did I mention this all has to happen from the shotgun, in an offense designed around him!

you're right. What team wants to provide talent and protection for the team. And don't even get me started on designing a scheme that suits your players strengths that would be just stupid.

actually no I haven't because I speak english. If you are attempting to say throw to a receiver that is open then yes I have. Davis was open, the ball was where it needed to be. Davis just didn't adjust to make the catch. The elite receivers in the league have to adjust to passes all the time. If Davis wants to be an elite TE then he needs to start adjusting to the ball and actually making an effort to catch the ball.

Speaking english has nothing to do with the term. You hear many analyst and broadcasters say it all the time (i.e. Brian Billick, Jon Gruden). It means your QB throws the ball in an area where a covered receiver can break on it to free himself from coverage. Smith is not able to do that. His timing and accuracy are not up to par.
LOL of all fans, its hard to believe NINER FANS arent upset about WRs and TEs not fighting for the ball. Like having a good QB, we had AMAZING WR in Jerry Rice and a great TE in Brent Jones. What made these guys great is they made Joe and Steve LOOK GOOD. NOT all of Steves passes were great but Jerry or Brent would some how some way make the catch.

Ever hear Starkey or an announcer say, "WHAT A CATCH BY RICE!!" That probably meant it wasnt a perfectly accurate pass between the numbers but SOME HOW the GREAT WR fought for the ball and caught it.

Get a clue please.

Speaking english has nothing to do with the term. You hear many analyst and broadcasters say it all the time (i.e. Brian Billick, Jon Gruden). It means your QB throws the ball in an area where a covered receiver can break on it to free himself from coverage. Smith is not able to do that. His timing and accuracy are not up to par.

Yes but there are many instances where you CANT throw the "WR open." You just have to put it in a spot where he has the highest chance to get it...the rest is up to him. Ask Jerry and Brent.

Exactly camper. I posted that yesterday. No Qb ever has the perfect setting to succeed. They just do and in turn they make everyone else better.
Share 49ersWebzone