There are 276 users in the forums

WTF? Is This True?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If he reaches 1000+ and 14 TDs, setting the NFL and franchise records.. well.. Krizay, who I'm sure already realizes by now how worth it it was to make the Vernon pick over any other player at that spot, will be able to fully accept that fact.

"It's not about the numbers"

No more lame excuses, just admit you were wrong.

LOL so now that's a lame excuse? Before this year it was the rule to live by!

I was wrong about him actually putting these numbers. Though my stance remains. I agreed that if he was thrown as much as you guys wanted he would put up the numbers. Just like other TE's around the league. The mere fact that it's gong to take him 14 games to surpass EJ's yardage mark and 16 to reach his catch mark only helps my point. The only difference is TD's. If we had joe schmo playing TE and all we did was throw to joe schmo in the redzone then Mr. Schmo would have all those td's as well. The problem is we don't have Joe Schmo on our team. Thus, my argument will never stick because all things aren't equal.

So arguing my stance this year would be like trying to play kick ball in the middle of the busiest street in NYC. No matter what points I make it will go unnoticed due to the amount of traffic.
Originally posted by 49er4life:
To think he would be long past 825 yards had he not dropped so many passes. He would even have a couple more TD's!
I'll take frying pan hands any day over any other TE in the league
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
If he reaches 1000+ and 14 TDs, setting the NFL and franchise records.. well.. Krizay, who I'm sure already realizes by now how worth it it was to make the Vernon pick over any other player at that spot, will be able to fully accept that fact.

Then it's about production, and helping your team win, right? Something Davis has done better than any other player on our offense this year.

actually 6 wins 22-234-3. 7 losses 44-581-8.
End of Season: Vernon Davis- 1000+ yards recieving, 14 TD's, 3rd in Probowl Voting

PRICELESS!!!!!!!

yeah... its about that little "TE" by his name. I mean who cares if he puts up 20TD's and like 1400 yards in a season. that TE totally means he is not worth it

that s**t was made up, it was created for people like you to question it
This is one more reason why this year is different. We may have been "close" to turning the corner the last few years but when has our offense been anywhere near this good? If we can draft a tackle and run the ball more consistently we will be in great shape next year. Pass rushers and corners sound good as well.
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A

I was wrong about him actually putting these numbers. Though my stance remains. I agreed that if he was thrown as much as you guys wanted he would put up the numbers. Just like other TE's around the league. The mere fact that it's gong to take him 14 games to surpass EJ's yardage mark and 16 to reach his catch mark only helps my point. The only difference is TD's. If we had joe schmo playing TE and all we did was throw to joe schmo in the redzone then Mr. Schmo would have all those td's as well. The problem is we don't have Joe Schmo on our team. Thus, my argument will never stick because all things aren't equal.

So arguing my stance this year would be like trying to play kick ball in the middle of the busiest street in NYC. No matter what points I make it will go unnoticed due to the amount of traffic.

Yeah, we understand. You were dead wrong and now you trying to make it look like you actually were right. Well, you make me laugh and that's not so bad.
Davis is a pro bowl TE by stats but will never be the HOF TE like TG who aLWAYS gets open when needed and catches the crucial balls.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Davis is a pro bowl TE by stats but will never be the HOF TE like TG who aLWAYS gets open when needed and catches the crucial balls.

You don't know that yet
Awesome! Just think how many TDs and extra yards he'd have if he didnt drop all those passes that hit him in the hands...

Um... wow. Sorry, but this post deserves a big, fat FAIL.

Originally posted by tmg808:
Originally posted by AkNiners:

I think out of the Eagles, rams and lions, VD matches up best against the eagles.

Eagles: Have not surrendered a 100 yards on the ground since the last time they played...Us. They have an aging LB corp that is going to have no hope of keeping up with the NFL's #1 TD catching machine. They know this as well, and there will likely be an extra safety or corner (Any ideas who they'll match up?!) spying VD/blitzing.

Lions: I don't know if you all remember Julien Peterson, but if there is a LB in the NFL outside Willis who can run with a fast TE it's him. Is he still the player he was? This game will show it.

Rams: Never mind. We will destroy the rams.
You mean 100 yard rusher, as in a single person. They average giving up 101.5. And if you noticed in all over there loses not one team gave up on the run. In all of there blow outs the teams haven't had any success on the run. Giving up on the run would be playing into there hands. They have 4 solid pass rushing DEs they are 4th in the league in interceptions. The key in this game is to be patient with the run. I would love to see more runs out of the shotgun and delays this game. Let there DEs get up field and run right behind them. In the pass screens can be effective because they have weak LBs, and there DEs are sack hungry. The 49ers best opportunity to win would be to make this game a dog fight. The Eagles have proven they prefer big play games. The 49ers will have to be discipline with penalties and effective in the run game to win this game.

or maybe what all that meas is.

when a team is blowing somebody out they can key on the pass because the run game is already eliminated.

did those teams give up on the run, or did the eagles offense eliminate it?
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Sheesh--and he's not even playing up to his potential. Whoa!
Share 49ersWebzone