There are 210 users in the forums

Gore/Davis/Crabtree=best skill position trio in the NFL in 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Best? I'll accept one of the best, but not THE best in the league.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
steelers : mendenhall/ miller/ ward
texans: slaton/daniels/ johnson
cowboys: barber/ witten/ williams
redskins: portis/ cooley/ moss
bears: forte/ olsen/ hester
lions: smith/ pettigrew/ johnson (they would be a lot better on another team)
viks: peterson/ shancoe/ rice
falcons: turner/ gonzalez/ white
chargers: LT/ gates/ jackson
colts: addai/ clark/ wayne

those are the only good RB/TE/ WR trios i know of.

i'd say we're top 3 for sure or maybe even first

all the bolded are better imo

i like the bolded ones besides the viks or chargers. LT and gates aren't all pro's anymore and AP is the only great one on the viks. shancoe and rice are pretty good players but i would take VD and crabtree over them

I'm sorry, most of those bolded trios are overrated. The Falcons haven't had those guys for even one season, and so far its a losing season, so I don't buy that Turner/Gonzales/White is a great trio. Potentially, maybe. And Addai? A non-element for the Colts, IMO.For the Vikes, Shiancoe and Rice are having their first quality years so we'll see. Slaton doesn't even start for the Texans anymore

Not saying we're better than all of them just saying they're nothing special thus far.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

i like the bolded ones besides the viks or chargers. LT and gates aren't all pro's anymore and AP is the only great one on the viks. shancoe and rice are pretty good players but i would take VD and crabtree over them

I'm sorry, most of those bolded trios are overrated. The Falcons haven't had those guys for even one season, and so far its a losing season, so I don't buy that Turner/Gonzales/White is a great trio. Potentially, maybe. And Addai? A non-element for the Colts, IMO.For the Vikes, Shiancoe and Rice are having their first quality years so we'll see. Slaton doesn't even start for the Texans anymore

Not saying we're better than all of them just saying they're nothing special thus far.

yeah i like most of the bolded, never said they were better than the 9ers but i like there trio's as well. i agree that most are overrated and agree 100%. viks are having a great year but i'd still take ours over theirs.
It's not the best trio by far. But it has some upside.

Gore - fumbles too much.
Davis - drops way too many.
Crabtree - young player who has a long way to go.

These are a good 3 but not the best in the league.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

yeah i like most of the bolded, never said they were better than the 9ers but i like there trio's as well. i agree that most are overrated and agree 100%. viks are having a great year but i'd still take ours over theirs.

i feel ya. didn't mean to sound argumentative, was trying to shoot off the post before my gfs cousin walked through the door.

i'm really excited by the young playmakers we have and think they stack up against just about anybody in the league...potentially, of course. And I think, looking at a list like the one above, it makes me think that we're really not that far behind a lot of other teams, so when certain fans on this board spout off about how overrated guys like Frank Gore are it pisses me off, because I don't know what NFL they're watching.
Agreed - but what we NEED, imo, is a Big Three at QB, RB & WR. Like Montana, Craig & Rice. Possibly Smith, Gore & Crabtree - I hope Smith sacks up really leads this team in '10.
BTW, Maiocco wrote "There are no plans to play veteran receiver Isaac Bruce this week or in the future. Here's how Singletary described Bruce's current role with the team:
"Isaac and myself sat down and looked at some of the younger guys trying to take a step, and (Bruce) just made a decision, 'Why don't I just stay here, stay around? I don't have to dress. I'm good with that. I can help these younger guys.' I think that's the role he's playing right now, and I'm very thankful that's the attitude he's taking." "
Ijust think that is a classy move by a classy player. Jed, take note. That is the ONLY way to get us back to domination: A classy team, run by a classy organization, with classy players who will almost knock you out, give you a snot-bubbler, then help you get up. Bravo!
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
addai, clark, wayne

sproles/LT, gates, jackson

that is really it.

Atlanta's trio Turner, Gonzalez, and White is pretty strong too

Gonzalez is getting old, he's not as dangerous as VD is
Turner is the s**t just like Gore
White is very good but doesn't have the same kind of upside Crabtree does

LT is a full notch below Gore
Gates is great but VD is just starting to blow up and I believe he's approaching Gates level now
Jackson see White

Addai see Gore
White hard to tell how much Manning is helping him, Crabtree will at least reach his level
Clark good hands but doesn't compare to VD
I would prefer to have Gore, Davis and Crabby than any of the above... Just my opinion. I think they are as good and have more potential than any of the above.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Best? I'll accept one of the best, but not THE best in the league.

Agreed, but they certainly do have the potential to be the best.

Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Turner, Gonzalez, and White
game over.

Gore > Turner
VD > Gonzalez
Crabs > White

U were saying?
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
game over.

Gore > Turner
VD > Gonzalez
Crabs > White

U were saying?

Biased much?
raiders: mcfadden/ miller/ murphy

Forgot about weaver, celeck, and jackson and I believe with dallas it should be barber, witten, and austin.
VD drops the ball too much to be the best.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
game over.

Gore > Turner
VD > Gonzalez
Crabs > White

U were saying?

Crabtree > White?

One of them is about to post 3 consecutive 1000 yard receiving seasons. The other has not played a full season.

U were saying?
Share 49ersWebzone