LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

This years draft picks aren't doing much...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crabtree signed 5 weeks in and he is still the only draft pick contributing. Now I know he was a first round pick but you can't keep missing in rounds 3-7 and hope to compete.

Rd 1, Pick 10 (10) Crabtree, Michael WR
Rd 3, Pick 10 (74) Coffee, Glen RB
Rd 5, Pick 10 (146) McKillop, Scott ILB
Rd 5, Pick 35 (171) Davis, Nate QB
Rd 6, Pick 11 (184) Pascoe, Bear TE
Rd 7, Pick 10 (219) Taylor, Curtis FS
Rd 7, Pick 35 (244) Jean-Francois, Ricky DT
Coffee and McKillop have both played significant time due to injuries. Most teams don't want 2nd rounders or lower starting games unless they have to. Lets not write off the class yet.
why do people expect rookies to perform right away.
Yes there are some rookies who are able to perform right off the bat, but the majority of rookies need some time to adapted to the NFL. Its a lot faster than college give it time
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
Coffee and McKillop have both played significant time due to injuries. Most teams don't want 2nd rounders or lower starting games unless they have to. Lets not write off the class yet.

Coffee has stunk up the joint and McKillop has not played at LBer. Didn't we go and get another LBer when Spikes was injured?
very rarely do rookies have huge impacts.

Crabtree has played amazing considering how much he missed
Coffee has been good when gets oppurtunity, hasnt played much since us going to spead
Mckillop is making some takles on special teams and thats all we can really expect giving his playing time
nate davis looked good in the preseason, but he hopefully shouldnt have to play at all this year.

give it some time.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Coffee has stunk up the joint and McKillop has not played at LBer. Didn't we go and get another LBer when Spikes was injured?

Mckilop did play in one game! Word is, the 49ers are really excited about him! And he will prob be a rich man's ulbrich!

dude mckillop has spelled at LB at times! pay attention. plus he is solid on special teams! coffee hasn't had much to due since we have a crap o-line. has frank done that much? man u guys are killing me!
Unless they've all been released, you can't say that we "missed" on picks 3-7 only 13 games into their rookie season. That's silly.
Stunk it up? How well would any rookie run behind that line when he did? That was still when Hill was starting might I add and defenses were not overly scared of him beating them with the pass. McKillop has played in place of Spikes I know, but Wilhelm is more experienced, he'll likely be leapfrogged on the depth chart in the offseason. By all accounts, the staff is very high on MCkillop.
It's not like Dashon Goldson, or Tarrell Brown did much their rookie years either.

Jason Hill contributed more towards the end of his third year if im not mistaken.

I really haven't been impressed with Coffee yet. I'll hold off my judgment till next year when the O-line is improved, but so far...ehh.
Crabtree signed 5 weeks in and he is still the only draft pick contributing. Now I know he was a first round pick but you can't keep missing in rounds 3-7 and hope to compete.

Really? We're concerned about lack of contribution from this years day two picks?

Good god . . . . . . just how many starters should be mined from the later rounds?

2008 6th Round: Josh Morgan (Starter)
2007 4th Round: Dashon Goldson (Starter - career game last night)
2007 5th Round: Tarell Brown (Nickel DB - Pick last night)
2006 5th Round: Parys Haralson (Starter-contributor)
2006 5th Round: Delanie Walker (Starter-contributor)
Mckillop is doing pretty good on special teams and he is also a very good tackler and is excellent against the run but i think he would suck at pass coverage tho but still he is a gamer
Most teams don't rely on their 3-7 round rookies to contribute much so what is your point? All but the damn TE made the team so what do you want? All-Pros in all 7 rounds?

So far this is one of our better drafts considering we didn't have a 2nd rounder. Especially for depth.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Really? We're concerned about lack of contribution from this years day two picks?

Good god . . . . . . just how many starters should be mined from the later rounds?

2008 6th Round: Josh Morgan (Starter)
2007 4th Round: Dashon Goldson (Starter - career game last night)
2007 5th Round: Tarell Brown (Nickel DB - Pick last night)
2006 5th Round: Parys Haralson (Starter-contributor)
2006 5th Round: Delanie Walker (Starter-contributor)

Amen, sometimes I wonder if some of these guys really understand football and how it works.
Share 49ersWebzone