LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 150 users in the forums

For those who don't like David Baas

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he's playing like he wants to get paid
Originally posted by NCommand:
I seriously think every big run Gore had this year was a result of a Baas pull. Seriously. Look it up.

or a crushing moran norris block. Baas needs consistency can't have one game like this and next week get blown up all day.
Baas thrives when we run the ball...that's what he did when he won the Outland Trophy at Michigan. His weakness is in pass protection, although he's done better recently as Raye has gone to the spread formations more. I'm on the fencepost over him...I'd like to keep the OL together, but definitely get a real starting RT. Pashos might be the guy...he was just getting started and had to go on IR. Definitely need to draft a top OT and OG, though. At this point, I say only re-sign Baas if he's willing to do so at a very reasonable salary.
  • titan
  • Veteran
We just need him to do that every game.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
biggest head in the league

• mayo49
  • Veteran
No need to find a replacement, this guy can get it done. Nice to see him and Rachal having a couple of good games in a row.
I'd love nothing better than to see him step it up and stay on the OL...consistency's the one thing that's been lacking, as we've all seen. He and Rachal could develop into quite the OG tandem...but they'll both need to really work hard and pay attention to their coaches. Still need to draft a top OT and OG...nothing like competition to get better.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NCommand:
I seriously think every big run Gore had this year was a result of a Baas pull. Seriously. Look it up.

Why should i look up something you think????...LoL
Do you remember when MNolan said he was "ugly, he looks like a fortyniner"?
he was good yesterday, but he is just way to inconsistent overall, LG needs an upgrade this off season, and RT.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
he was good yesterday, but he is just way to inconsistent overall, LG needs an upgrade this off season, and RT.

i like how people think that every year you can just pop in another body and solve a problem

80% of a good line is half mental

players need to gel and play together to be good not just drop random dudes in and create a new line every week

look at the best lines in the nfl and you'll find 5 guys who have played multiple years together
Good job by Baas

Having said that, one game in no way makes up for his season long amount of suck. He still should be replaced imo.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

i like how people think that every year you can just pop in another body and solve a problem

80% of a good line is half mental

players need to gel and play together to be good not just drop random dudes in and create a new line every week

look at the best lines in the nfl and you'll find 5 guys who have played multiple years together

He's had 5 years now, if a player can't get it right in his first 5 years, chances are he will never get it right. It's not Staley's fault, or Hetimann's fault, that he forgets to pick up a blocker, or gets beat easily at times. He's in his contract year, and it would be a mistake to give him big bucks.

Baas is a beast at times, and if we had 4 other consistent lineman Baas would be a good fit for this team. But, we don't. Staley is still learning, and obviously so is Rachal, we don't need more projects. Go out in FA, and get some Heitmann like offensive lineman; not over powering, but do their job. (just like the Colts, or Broncos OL)

Also, Alex has about 2, MAYBE 3, plays a game were he actually gets to sit in the pocket comfortably, with 4-5 sec (and I know I don't have to mention the run blocking, scheme or not). We rarely have all 5 of our lineman show up on a down.
It's going to depend on how much money he wants! If he wants Smiley money....
Is it just me or did them move him to RT on Monday night?
Share 49ersWebzone