LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

MATT BARROWS ARTICLE IS POINTLESS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I told Matt Barrows to not bring up that horrible Alex Smith thrown pass over Twitter. And he even agreed. But he did it anyways. He's just doing it for the hits to his blog.

see look...

@mattbarrows come on matt! that was a terrible behind-target, overthrown pass, no need to stir things up with our #1 WR.
http://twitter.com/silkkyjohnson/status/6608058560

Originally posted by Matt Barrows:
Agree that ... @silkkyjohnson come on matt! that was a terrible behind-target, overthrown pass, no need to stir things up with our #1 WR.
http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/6612373022

lol how in the hell can a pass be overthrown but behind the reciever? It wasn't a horrible throw. It was right by his face dude. Sing already said when he addressed that, if it's close to your body than you should catch it. And he was getting hit when he threw the pass. In the future Crabtree is expected to catch that pass IMO.

Crabtree was running full stride, the pass was overthrown and behind target. How is that so hard to comprehend?

The only reason you could ever think that pass was OVERTHROWN was because Michael Crabtree ducked like a little b***h. Had he been running "full stride" and upright, then that would've hit him right in the mouth. That was a gorgeous pass between two defenders while getting hit. That play, or lack thereof, is lays on Crabtree.

Are you serious?

Man, I wish I could find the damn video.
Anybody that has ran routes before knows that the only reason Crabtree was looking there is to sell the fake on the route. It would have been a special play if he would have made it but I can't blame him for not making the play. And when it does come to his drops, even Jerry Rice had his time early in his career (Jerry Rice: 15 Drops rookie season) so I do expect him to make the catches he's suppose to in the future. He is the type of player that wants the ball in pressure situations and has proven he's capable of making the special plays.
Originally posted by tmg808:
First of all, I am sure he asked a dumb question to get that reaction out of Michael Crabtree. It wasn't like the conversation started with, "Drops?" Second, grilling a WR about passes thrown to him, is like asking a jump shooter why didn't he make his shots. Everyone knew that the pass was suppose to be in the back of the endzone, Alex Smith already had addressed it. Why would he bring that up with Crabtree ?? It all seems pointless and just a jab at Crabtree for no reason.

what? if the football lands on crabtrees hands in the stride of his route you should catch it was not like his route was he had to go to the side all he had to do was take like maybe a step more crabtree is making excuses he already is close to leading the nflo in dropped passes dont make excuses for him if the ball lands on his hands he should catch it
Anybody that has ran routes before knows that the only reason Crabtree was looking there is to sell the fake on the route. It would have been a special play if he would have made it but I can't blame him for not making the play. And when it does come to his drops, even Jerry Rice had his time early in his career (Jerry Rice: 15 Drops rookie season) so I do expect him to make the catches he's suppose to in the future. He is the type of player that wants the ball in pressure situations and has proven he's capable of making the special plays.

he has not proven anything yet
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
First of all, I am sure he asked a dumb question to get that reaction out of Michael Crabtree. It wasn't like the conversation started with, "Drops?" Second, grilling a WR about passes thrown to him, is like asking a jump shooter why didn't he make his shots. Everyone knew that the pass was suppose to be in the back of the endzone, Alex Smith already had addressed it. Why would he bring that up with Crabtree ?? It all seems pointless and just a jab at Crabtree for no reason.

what? if the football lands on crabtrees hands in the stride of his route you should catch it was not like his route was he had to go to the side all he had to do was take like maybe a step more crabtree is making excuses he already is close to leading the nflo in dropped passes dont make excuses for him if the ball lands on his hands he should catch it

Do you see all the players on that list.. All the top WR, its nothing to be proud of but its part of the game.. Jerry Rice had 15 drops his rookie season.. Crabtree's drops are mostly because of his adjustments to the speed of the game..
I told Matt Barrows to not bring up that horrible Alex Smith thrown pass over Twitter. And he even agreed. But he did it anyways. He's just doing it for the hits to his blog.

see look...

@mattbarrows come on matt! that was a terrible behind-target, overthrown pass, no need to stir things up with our #1 WR.

Agree that ... @silkkyjohnson come on matt! that was a terrible behind-target, overthrown pass, no need to stir things up with our #1 WR.

lol how in the hell can a pass be overthrown but behind the reciever? It wasn't a horrible throw. It was right by his face dude. Sing already said when he addressed that, if it's close to your body than you should catch it. And he was getting hit when he threw the pass. In the future Crabtree is expected to catch that pass IMO.

Crabtree was running full stride, the pass was overthrown and behind target. How is that so hard to comprehend?

The only reason you could ever think that pass was OVERTHROWN was because Michael Crabtree ducked like a little b***h. Had he been running "full stride" and upright, then that would've hit him right in the mouth. That was a gorgeous pass between two defenders while getting hit. That play, or lack thereof, is lays on Crabtree.

Very true.

see look...

With an offseason together & more experience for Crabtree he will be looking early even if the route was supposed to be in the rear of the endzone.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
there's already a huge thread on this
Share 49ersWebzone