LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Jed York on KNBR 12/10/09

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tmg808:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Jed York was on with Gary Radnich this morning . . . they spoke about the stadium status, and football/front office operations.

Three things I came away with . . .

1. He's got horse blinders on for the Santa Clara stadium site.
2. Singletary and McCloughan are absolutely safe for 2010.
3. Bringing in a Football Operations Czar is not on the radar.

Jed York 12-10-09 KNBR

I agree with all 3.

Has anybody noticed that 49ers have been a measuring stick for how the national media has viewed a lot of teams.
When Vikings beat the 49ers they were the talk of the town. When the Falcons beat the 49ers they were saying they were super bowl contenders. When Texans beat the 49ers, they will probably finally make the playoffs this year. When Titans beat the 49ers, The Titans may make the playoffs.

I know it hurts but there's a reason for this, the 49ers are closer than we as fans will give them credit for. Changing coaches as GM is like erasing everything and starting from scratch (Literally, they remodel the offices and everything) It looks like the 49ers are going in a positive direction.. I can see 8-8 this year which is an improvement from last, and gives me hope going forward

I wonder where that puts Seattle.
I'm all for bringing back the coaching staff but Scott needs to go ASAP.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
He backed up Singletary and McCloughan. The reason he did was because we have been in every game this year except the Atlanta game. That tells him that the team is on schedule and that the team has played well for Singletary. Now with continuity of staff and an infusion of more players in the offseason we should be competitive. I think his view is reasonable and appropriate and that we will progress as a team.

singFRAUD and mcLOSER represent great value to the ownership and senior management. They signed on for internship salaries and continue to be paid as such. It's a better than a value than a legit Super Bowl Champion coach like Shannahan who would cost an unthinkable $6 Million and up.

We were close in a lot of games. With victories + moral victories the ownership has us scored at 11 - 1.

Last super bowl win was when..........again......????? O yeah, that was a while ago.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
All that from the same idiot who guaranteed the 49ers season won't end in December anymore. Good to see another losing and playoff less season is satisfactory enough for this ownership that they want to keep things status quo. Now I know what Detroit Lions fans feel like.

Yes, because continuity means nothing in the NFL.

-9fA

Continuity of failure = more failure.

Can it be any clearer than that? Seriously, these freaking teabags in charge are attempting to convince us that changes are not necessary. It's the same argument they put forward last off season when they convinced many that the only move necessary was the "removal of Nolan."

I do not think the york's have much respect for the fan base here, and for the most part, I can see why. The majority will believe in anything without question. They use this uncalled for loyalty as validation of their status as Niner fans. The york's use this uncalled for loyalty as validation that they are dealing with a bunch of suckers.
Originally posted by domesik:
He backed up Singletary and McCloughan. The reason he did was because we have been in every game this year except the Atlanta game. That tells him that the team is on schedule and that the team has played well for Singletary. Now with continuity of staff and an infusion of more players in the offseason we should be competitive. I think his view is reasonable and appropriate and that we will progress as a team.

singFRAUD and mcLOSER represent great value to the ownership and senior management. They signed on for internship salaries and continue to be paid as such. It's a better than a value than a legit Super Bowl Champion coach like Shannahan who would cost an unthinkable $6 Million and up.

We were close in a lot of games. With victories + moral victories the ownership has us scored at 11 - 1.

Last super bowl win was when..........again......????? O yeah, that was a while ago.

When was the last Super Bowl championship for Singletary (AS A HEAD COACH)?

People swing from Walsh's jock about the Super Bowls and that was a heck of a long time ago too. Much longer in fact. So I don't buy your argument that's it's not legit because it was a few years ago. In fact it's not all that long ago.
Originally posted by domesik:

When was the last Super Bowl championship for Singletary (AS A HEAD COACH)?

People swing from Walsh's jock about the Super Bowls and that was a heck of a long time ago too. Much longer in fact. So I don't buy your argument that's it's not legit because it was a few years ago. In fact it's not all that long ago.

I guess if I'm going to replace a coach after his first year when he has the whole team playing their ass off for him then I'm going to be very sure that the replacement would be better. If I'm going to project a coach to be better I think I'd take into consideration their past 5 years or so of work and not go back 13 years and say, hey, this guy will lead my team to the superbowl because he did with Elway and DAVIS in 1998!!!!

These Gruden, Holmgren, Shanny people kill me. What have they done lately...

(off the top of my head)

Holmgren-super bowel appearance in 06, had best RB in league at the time, lost, got run out of town a couple seasons later.

Gruden-Won it all in 02 with DUNGY's defense, what has he done since??? Got fired and replaced by a first year head coach.

Shanny-What the hell has he done in any year starting with 20. Terell Davis made both Elway and Shanny look great during that run in the late 90's. He got fired and replaced by a first year head coach.

I'd take Sing with a year almost under his belt and with the lessons he is learning and see what an offseason with a better focus on what the team does well can do.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
If Erickson got 2 years and Nolan 3 1/2 years, Singletary deserves at least 1 more year.

And, lets not forget, if the internet had been around in its current state in 1979 and 1980, everyone probably would have been saying the short passing game doesn't win games and calling for Walsh's head after they went 2-14 and 6-10 in his first 2 years. Not saying Singletary is going to be the next Walsh but it does show that Eddie D showed a little patience and it paid off.
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Sounds like Jed York has his sites set on a playoff appearance, and not a Super Bowl win.

I think you have to make the playoffs before your allowed to play in the Super Bowl...But maybe its just me!
Originally posted by kem99:
If Erickson got 2 years and Nolan 3 1/2 years, Singletary deserves at least 1 more year.

And, lets not forget, if the internet had been around in its current state in 1979 and 1980, everyone probably would have been saying the short passing game doesn't win games and calling for Walsh's head after they went 2-14 and 6-10 in his first 2 years. Not saying Singletary is going to be the next Walsh but it does show that Eddie D showed a little patience and it paid off.

You know we would have . . .

Bench Montana !!!! Start DeBerg !!!! Walsh is an NFL wannabe !!! Go back to Stanford !!!!! . . . . . I want Don Shula !!!!! Eddie DeBartolo is a fraud playing with Daddy's money !!!!

AAAUUUGGGHHHH !!!!
Originally posted by kem99:

You know we would have . . .

Bench Montana !!!! Start DeBerg !!!! Walsh is an NFL wannabe !!! Go back to Stanford !!!!! . . . . . I want Don Shula !!!!! Eddie DeBartolo is a fraud playing with Daddy's money !!!!

AAAUUUGGGHHHH !!!!

Originally posted by posterX:
All that from the same idiot who guaranteed the 49ers season won't end in December anymore. Good to see another losing and playoff less season is satisfactory enough for this ownership that they want to keep things status quo. Now I know what Detroit Lions fans feel like.

-9fA

Can it be any clearer than that? Seriously, these freaking teabags in charge are attempting to convince us that changes are not necessary. It's the same argument they put forward last off season when they convinced many that the only move necessary was the "removal of Nolan."

I do not think the york's have much respect for the fan base here, and for the most part, I can see why. The majority will believe in anything without question. They use this uncalled for loyalty as validation of their status as Niner fans. The york's use this uncalled for loyalty as validation that they are dealing with a bunch of suckers.

Right On Poster X.
Originally posted by danimal:

-9fA

Right On Poster X.

Found this and thought it might apply here-
Loyalty is for blind followers
A loyal person is one who obeys without question or one who follows another person regardless of the path. A non-loyal person is one who thinks for himself and works for others in symbiotic relationships but easily leaves relationships in which he’s getting the short end of the shaft.

Kings and Fat Executives want everyone to be loyal because they are too out of touch to get people to follow them based on merit. They praise the honor of blind faith (loyalty), so that they can attract poor saps who will obey and work for them and won’t look for better opportunities.

Great leaders attract rebels who regularly question their leader and look for alternatives. A good leader knows that if he is not truly benefiting those around him, since they are not loyal, they will leave. The leader therefore is forced to work harder and knows that those who are with him are there for their own benefit rather than by force against their will.

Loyalty is a moral that was created and promoted by ancient dictators so that they could glorify their control over society. In today’s free society, individuals are no longer bound by the debilitating moral of loyalty. Instead we look out for ourselves and expect others to work for us only when it is their own best interest. Leaders who still praise loyalty, are asking for co-workers who will stick with them even if they are underpaid or overworked.
Originally posted by tmg808:
Jed York was on with Gary Radnich this morning . . . they spoke about the stadium status, and football/front office operations.

Three things I came away with . . .

1. He's got horse blinders on for the Santa Clara stadium site.
2. Singletary and McCloughan are absolutely safe for 2010.
3. Bringing in a Football Operations Czar is not on the radar.

Jed York 12-10-09 KNBR

I agree with all 3.

Has anybody noticed that 49ers have been a measuring stick for how the national media has viewed a lot of teams.
When Vikings beat the 49ers they were the talk of the town. When the Falcons beat the 49ers they were saying they were super bowl contenders. When Texans beat the 49ers, they will probably finally make the playoffs this year. When Titans beat the 49ers, The Titans may make the playoffs.

I know it hurts but there's a reason for this, the 49ers are closer than we as fans will give them credit for. Changing coaches as GM is like erasing everything and starting from scratch (Literally, they remodel the offices and everything) It looks like the 49ers are going in a positive direction.. I can see 8-8 this year which is an improvement from last, and gives me hope going forward

What are u talking about? We weren't the talk of the town after the vikes game. Farve was! I never heard crap about the Falcons being SB contenders after they kicked our butt. Your in a dream world buddy.
Really are we closer? because our OC & Coach don't seem to communicate with each other to well during game situations.
Sorry but our GM has tucked his tail one to many times.
Originally posted by danimal:

-9fA

Right On Poster X.

First of all, this season is not a failure.

Coach Singletary continued to excel, he over achieved in his pre-intern days last season. He again scored way above expectation as an intern this season. By next season, he will be done with his internship and the senior management is just too excited to see what Coach Singletary can do with all the tools he learned from the ownership during his internship.

Our glory days are coming just as soon as our youngsters like Singletary, Parrage, Scotty, etc finally matured into their respective roles.

Loyal friends have patience and grow with the organization. The ownership truly appreciate that.

-9fA

agreed!
Share 49ersWebzone