There are 156 users in the forums

Jed York on KNBR 12/10/09

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jed York was on with Gary Radnich this morning . . . they spoke about the stadium status, and football/front office operations.

Three things I came away with . . .

1. He's got horse blinders on for the Santa Clara stadium site.
2. Singletary and McCloughan are absolutely safe for 2010.
3. Bringing in a Football Operations Czar is not on the radar.

Jed York 12-10-09 KNBR
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Jed York was on with Gary Radnich this morning . . . they spoke about the stadium status, and football/front office operations.

Jed York 12-10-09 KNBR

#2+#3= the reason why we'll be having the same 'what went wrong' conversations in 2010.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Jed York 12-10-09 KNBR

I agree with all 3.

Has anybody noticed that 49ers have been a measuring stick for how the national media has viewed a lot of teams.
When Vikings beat the 49ers they were the talk of the town. When the Falcons beat the 49ers they were saying they were super bowl contenders. When Texans beat the 49ers, they will probably finally make the playoffs this year. When Titans beat the 49ers, The Titans may make the playoffs.

I know it hurts but there's a reason for this, the 49ers are closer than we as fans will give them credit for. Changing coaches as GM is like erasing everything and starting from scratch (Literally, they remodel the offices and everything) It looks like the 49ers are going in a positive direction.. I can see 8-8 this year which is an improvement from last, and gives me hope going forward
I think stability will do this team a lot of good. We really didn't have it since even before Nolan got here. All the changes in the OC and DC damages this inexperience team. SingRaye may be lacking in some areas or not what we preferred them to be, but keeping them for another year and provide our guys on the field with continuity and stability will provide them something to build on and improved.

I don't think the players need another coaching staff to make them better, they just need the coaches to let them be better. Players going to Singletary asking him to let them play their game is a good indication of this. It's up to the coaches and players to fine tune what they have learned this year and be better next year.

An infusion of better talents always help too
Better Oline and a pass rush. It's clear. If McCloughan failed to address these areas again, he should be out.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 10, 2009 at 20:32:11 ]
Sounds like Jed York has his sites set on a playoff appearance, and not a Super Bowl win.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think stability will do this team a lot of good. We really didn't have it since even Nolan got here. All the chances in the OC and DC damages this inexperience team. SingRaye may be lacking in some areas or not what we preferred them to be, but keeping them for another year and provide our guys on the field with continuity and stability will provide them something to build on and improved.

I don't think the players need another coaching staff to make them better, they just need the coaches to let them be better. Players going to Singletary asking him to let them play their game is a good indication of this. It's up to the coaches and players to fine tune what they have learned this year and be better next year.

An infusion of better talents always help too
Better Oline and a pass rush. It's clear. If McCloughan failed to address these areas again, he should be out.

Completely agree. This is going to be a very important & big offseason for the 49ers!
I know a lot of fans want to fire everyone after a losing season, but seeing as though this hasn't helped us before, i'm willing to go with a little continuity this year.

-9fA
First year we have seen some production from our offense and are OC isn't look to get a head coach job. I think it was smart hiring Jimmy Raye, Maybe he can be with Alex like Payton has with his OC, they work together to get better together. Not flushing everything down the toilet makes things clearer to whats wrong on the field.
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Sounds like Jed York has his sites set on a playoff appearance, and not a Super Bowl win.

As Jerry Jones how focusing on winning a super bowl has worked for him since 1996.
All that from the same idiot who guaranteed the 49ers season won't end in December anymore. Good to see another losing and playoff less season is satisfactory enough for this ownership that they want to keep things status quo. Now I know what Detroit Lions fans feel like.

Originally posted by amir_tn80:
All that from the same idiot who guaranteed the 49ers season won't end in December anymore. Good to see another losing and playoff less season is satisfactory enough for this ownership that they want to keep things status quo. Now I know what Detroit Lions fans feel like.

Yes, because continuity means nothing in the NFL.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Continuity of failure = more failure.

-9fA

So every team with a losing record should fire everyone.....

-9fA
I know a lot of fans want to fire everyone after a losing season, but seeing as though this hasn't helped us before, i'm willing to go with a little continuity this year.

-9fA

As am I.

-9fA

So every team with a losing record should fire everyone.....

-9fA

No. We should keep Scout Mcloughan as the GM and the only football guy in the front office. Let's forget about hiring some competent football people. Because that's what winning and successful franchises do. We should keep all the people who are responsible for another losing season for the sake of continuity.

[ Edited by amir_tn80 on Dec 10, 2009 at 20:50:00 ]
Share 49ersWebzone