LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Where's the running game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A whopping 52 yards all game. This has been worrisome. It had slowly disappeared the last few games. I understand they are going spread more and the shotgun is not Gore's forte, but they need to get that going especially when teams start gaming for our emerging passing game.

Maybe it's unstoppable
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
A whopping 52 yards all game. This has been worrisome. It had slowly disappeared the last few games. I understand they are going spread more and the shotgun is not Gore's forte, but they need to get that going especially when teams start gaming for our emerging passing game.

Maybe it's unstoppable

the running game will be inconsistent until the OL is fixed.
This offense is the definition of a work in progress. I think that once the passing game is sorted out, the running game will start to work.

I'd like to see a backfield with both Gore and Coffee in it rather than Gore and Norris, too. That would present some challenges to an opposing DC.
no s**t?
It would be nice if someone like Ceaderman could break down each run play, and evaluate each lineman's performance. In other words, what is causing virtually all of our runs to go no more than a yard or two?
Our O-Line can't run block.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
no s**t?

Nice insight there buddy
In the spread those bubble screens and quick outs act as running plays. 4-6 yard gains to set up a better percentage of converting 3rd down work just as well. Plus did you watch the end of the game? We actually converted a 3rd down on a run to be able to run out the clock.
Did you not watch the game today? We were in the Shotgun for most of the game
PRAY GOD SINGLETARY NEVER SEES THIS THREAD!!!

Originally posted by Yetiman:
This offense is the definition of a work in progress. I think that once the passing game is sorted out, the running game will start to work.

I'd like to see a backfield with both Gore and Coffee in it rather than Gore and Norris, too. That would present some challenges to an opposing DC.

That is actually a pretty darned good idea!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Our O-Line can't run block.
Who cares?
Ummmmm...

...yeah, about that. I just got off the phone with the OLine's representative.

He says they refuse to push the Opposing Defense off the LoS and open holes for Frank until Scott pulls his head out of his butt and quits bringing cheap ineffective FA players to play the toughest positions to play.

So it looks like Frank better make the most of his touches in the Spread formation. It's going to be a LONG time.

~Ceadder
The Jaguars have a horrible pass defense and have had 10 sacks all season. If you ask me, that's great game planning to air it out.

Bottom line... Niners are 5-6
Share 49ersWebzone