Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do they have rankings for hand size.
Originally posted by znk916:

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by znk916:

This is the weird thing about Smith's 18 quarters of football this year.

If he is progressing, then why so many INT's?

If he is not progressing, then why so many TD's?

If his is progressing, then why 1-3 in his starts?

If he is not progressing, then why are these games all so close -- 1 possession games -- even on the road?

If he is progressing, then WTF with the sub-par performance taking snaps directly from center?

If he is not progressing, then what's with the 90+ passer rating from the shotgun?

It is just very weird. 6 games to figure it all out.
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:

If he is not progressing, then why are these games all so close -- 1 possession games -- even on the road?

If he is progressing, then WTF with the sub-par performance taking snaps directly from center?

If he is not progressing, then what's with the 90+ passer rating from the shotgun?

his fate can be decided if they keep him in the gun and he doesn't produce. If that happens then move on.
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:

When Smith is in the gun, and his first option is open Smith can get him the ball (His passes to Davis were things of beauty.) Unfortunately, a winning QB has to be able to do more than that. Smith's shortcomings have been stated above. Can he outgrow them? History says no.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Its amazing how you can skew stats to portray your point of view. Im sure we could twist things to make Alex look the GOAT.

You dont need stats to see how bad Alex Smith is. Just watch a Niners game; you'll get the point.

Oh geez, that didn't take very long at all.

You know ZRF you would whine about Smith if he was giving the team 6 TDs a game and we lose.

And if you think that total is impossible it shows that you ain't payin attention or you have convinced yourself that these stats are garbage time stats.

Shame on you man. You've said many times that Alex needed to step it up for you to give him credit. He has done that time and again an you're STILL on his ass.

Give it a rest yo.

~Ceadder
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Its amazing how you can skew stats to portray your point of view. Im sure we could twist things to make Alex look the GOAT.

You dont need stats to see how bad Alex Smith is. Just watch a Niners game; you'll get the point.

You know ZRF you would whine about Smith if he was giving the team 6 TDs a game and we lose.

And if you think that total is impossible it shows that you ain't payin attention or you have convinced yourself that these stats are garbage time stats.

Shame on you man. You've said many times that Alex needed to step it up for you to give him credit. He has done that time and again an you're STILL on his ass.

Give it a rest yo.

~Ceadder

How has Alex stepped it up exactly?
Originally posted by backontop:
Thats pretty sad when he is the 2nd most scoring QB in the league and yet still can't win a game because the defense can't keep the other teams from scoring.

It's not the Defense. One game maybe. But this Defense has been taking part in a 16 game TC session.

If this is virtually the same Defense next season, they are GOING to be freakin lights out scary with all the conditioning they've gotten this season.

Cause NO team in the league(Other than the 9ers) has their Defense on the field for 40+ minutes on the average.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by Thrash88:
This is just me going on NFL.com and taking the statistic and seein how each quarterback is rated per 100 throws.

I broke it down in 3 categories from touchdowns, interceptions and times sacked per 100 throws.

Tom Brady
5.08 Touchdowns/1.52 Interceptions/Sacked 3.56 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Peyton Manning
5.41 Touchdowns/2.31 Interceptions/Sacked 2.06 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Matt Schaub
5.20 Touchdowns/2.46 Interceptions/Sacked 5.20 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Ben Roethlisberger
4.94 Touchdowns/2.9 Interceptions/Sacked 8.72 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Aaron Rodgers
5.57 Touchdowns/1.46 Interceptions/Sacked 12.60 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Drew Brees
6.87 Touchdowns/2.81 Interceptions/Sacked 4.06 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Kurt Warner
5.37 Touchdowns/2.95 Interceptions/Sacked 4.30 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Tony Romo
4.54 Touchdowns/2.12 Interceptions/Sacked 6.96 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Philip Rivers
5.29 Touchdowns/1.86 Interceptions/Sacked 6.23 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Joe Flacco
3.58 Touchdowns/1.86 Interceptions/Sacked 5.37 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Alex Smith
5.80 Touchdowns/4.51 Interceptions/Sacked 8.38 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

So as per throwing attempt he ranks 2nd behind Brees, he gets the ball in the endzone more then Manning, Brady, Schaub, Rodgers, Warner etcc....He does turnover the ball a bit more but that will come with time he's already putting up HUGE numbers per attempt. And that is while he is getting sacked more often then all but 2 of the above mentions quarterbacks.

We have a quarterback here folks it's up to the coaching staff to utilize him and get him to cut down on the turnovers as he grows with the offense![/b]

This is great. I bet if you show your little chart to any of those other QB's coaches they'd want to trade. They'd probably throw in a first round pick, just to get their hands on young Alex. In fact, if I were you, I'd start with Norv. He always said that Smith was phenomenal. Smith for Rivers and, maybe, two draft picks. Turner would be a fool to turn that down after he sees your stats.

Originally posted by luv49rs:

Give it a rest yo.

~Ceadder

He has brought the team back from a 20+ deficite twice! When the OLine gives him time he has made the plays that the offense needed him to make. But then again you're a Smith hater so this will just go in one eye and out the other

Give it a rest yo.

~Ceadder

You're joking right?

He's been putting the ball on the numbers for the most part.

Sometimes he still looks right at the man he's throwing to yes. But damn this kid has used pump fakes(NEVER did that before) looked off the Receivers, tried to step UP in the pocket instead of running at the first sign of pressure... WTF more do you want from him short of a Ring?

If his Line would give him more than a whiff of two seconds he could do MUCH better and work on the issues as well.

So I guess I should have just asked you an all the haters how HASN'T he stepped up. Keep in mind now this is a TEAM sport. If it's on Alex, I will step up and acknowledge that. So tell me sport, what has the man done to prove that he ISN'T the man?

I can show you that he's done more than he hasn't to prove he is, but I wanna give you some rope and see what you do with it.

~Ceadder

Give it a rest yo.

~Ceadder

You're joking right?

Sometimes he still looks right at the man he's throwing to yes. But damn this kid has used pump fakes(NEVER did that before) looked off the Receivers, tried to step UP in the pocket instead of running at the first sign of pressure... WTF more do you want from him short of a Ring?

If his Line would give him more than a whiff of two seconds he could do MUCH better and work on the issues as well.

So I guess I should have just asked you an all the haters how HASN'T he stepped up. Keep in mind now this is a TEAM sport. If it's on Alex, I will step up and acknowledge that. So tell me sport, what has the man done to prove that he ISN'T the man?

I can show you that he's done more than he hasn't to prove he is, but I wanna give you some rope and see what you do with it.

~Ceadder

We might want him to be as good when the opposing team is not up by 21.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by Thrash88:
This is just me going on NFL.com and taking the statistic and seein how each quarterback is rated per 100 throws.

I broke it down in 3 categories from touchdowns, interceptions and times sacked per 100 throws.

Tom Brady
5.08 Touchdowns/1.52 Interceptions/Sacked 3.56 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Peyton Manning
5.41 Touchdowns/2.31 Interceptions/Sacked 2.06 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Matt Schaub
5.20 Touchdowns/2.46 Interceptions/Sacked 5.20 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Ben Roethlisberger
4.94 Touchdowns/2.9 Interceptions/Sacked 8.72 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Aaron Rodgers
5.57 Touchdowns/1.46 Interceptions/Sacked 12.60 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Drew Brees
6.87 Touchdowns/2.81 Interceptions/Sacked 4.06 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Kurt Warner
5.37 Touchdowns/2.95 Interceptions/Sacked 4.30 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Tony Romo
4.54 Touchdowns/2.12 Interceptions/Sacked 6.96 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Philip Rivers
5.29 Touchdowns/1.86 Interceptions/Sacked 6.23 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Joe Flacco
3.58 Touchdowns/1.86 Interceptions/Sacked 5.37 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

Alex Smith
5.80 Touchdowns/4.51 Interceptions/Sacked 8.38 Times per 100 Passing Attempts

So as per throwing attempt he ranks 2nd behind Brees, he gets the ball in the endzone more then Manning, Brady, Schaub, Rodgers, Warner etcc....He does turnover the ball a bit more but that will come with time he's already putting up HUGE numbers per attempt. And that is while he is getting sacked more often then all but 2 of the above mentions quarterbacks.

We have a quarterback here folks it's up to the coaching staff to utilize him and get him to cut down on the turnovers as he grows with the offense![/b]

This is great. I bet if you show your little chart to any of those other QB's coaches they'd want to trade. They'd probably throw in a first round pick, just to get their hands on young Alex. In fact, if I were you, I'd start with Norv. He always said that Smith was phenomenal. Smith for Rivers and, maybe, two draft picks. Turner would be a fool to turn that down after he sees your stats.

Careful now. I know of 2 QBs' at least that hoisted Lombardis' over their head after the team that drafted them went another direction. One of them played for us as a matter of fact.

NOBODY has stated that Alex would be heavily sought after because of these numbers. But I guarantee you one thing, if we went after a trade using Smith to a team that had everything in place but a solid QB? We'd be comin up with the short end of the stick.

PonHillicate all you want but don't play the fool, just because Smith has not lived up to your unreasonable expectations.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

Give it a rest yo.

~Ceadder

You're joking right?

~Ceadder

We might want him to be as good when the opposing team is not up by 21.

well that would be up to the HC and OC now wouldn't it
Share 49ersWebzone