There are 274 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Haven't watched the whole game yet. Are the rumours of Staley's age showing exaggerated or true?

Never heard of this at all, who said these things?

Just comments from people during the Panthers' game. How'd he do overall today?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Staley is Staley. He's literally the least of our worries.

Maybe not...
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

That actually looked bad. Aimed so high and in the face it, unnecessary by Cox
[ Edited by DJamhour on Nov 1, 2017 at 2:03 AM ]
Whitworth is about to be 36 in Dec.
What does it say about us fans that a multiyear probowler and a guy who has been one of the best players on the team for many years has his primary thread in this forum with 42 pages and yet the "Is it time to trade Joe Staley" thread that was started much later also has 42 pages?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erphan:
What does it say about us fans that a multiyear probowler and a guy who has been one of the best players on the team for many years has his primary thread in this forum with 42 pages and yet the "Is it time to trade Joe Staley" thread that was started much later also has 42 pages?

Stop trying to whine about the fan base...everyone has their own prospective vision on the team that might not match yours...learn to accept it.
Originally posted by jcs:

Stop trying to whine about the fan base...everyone has their own prospective vision on the team that might not match yours...learn to accept it.

No. Although I agree everyone is entitled to their own perspective/opinion, I don't see anything wrong with asking people to reflect on their perspective.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Nov 1, 2017 at 8:26 AM ]

No. (Although I agree everyone is entitled to their own perspective/opinion).

You know what it means? It means a guy who plays a vital, but not a "flashy" position does his job great for 10+ years so nobody has anything to say. It is actually a compliment imo lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

You know what it means? It means a guy who plays a vital, but not a "flashy" position does his job great for 10+ years so nobody has anything to say. It is actually a compliment imo lol

IOW, players of non-flashy positions are only worth openly criticizing, not openly complimenting. Maybe that is something that we as fans might think about changing.

(Sorry about editing my post before reading and responding to your post.)
[ Edited by 49erphan on Nov 1, 2017 at 8:32 AM ]

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

IOW, players of non-flashy positions are only worth openly criticizing, not openly complimenting. Maybe that is something that we as fans might think about changing.

(Sorry about editing my post before reading and responding to your post.)

Analysts and the gentleman in the broadcast booths say all the time that when it comes to lineman if you never hear there name its because they do their job. Thats just how it is. It is an unsung position and if this thread had towns of pages staley would probably not be a 49er. It's just how is
Nobody talks about OL unless he's screwing up. It's just not a sexy position and most is covered in the Offensive Line thread.
Okay, I guess "that's the way it is" is the way it has to be.
Also, this thread was originally about his video show, and I believe there was another thread about his play. You'll notice this thread didn't start until his 3rd year on the team.
[ Edited by captveg on Nov 1, 2017 at 1:08 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Also, this thread was originally about his video show, and I believe there was another thread about his play. You'll notice this thread didn't start until his 3rd year on the team.

Thanks, that's good to know.
Share 49ersWebzone