Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
not carted off hope it's not serious

This! This screaming wasn't good tho

Well, people react differently. Didn't help that a mic was there for us to hear

Don't know severity of it, hope its not serious
We can't lose this dude.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
the screaming scared me

This. Seems like it would be an ACL, hoping it just got hyperextended...........hoping it isn't serious but thinking it most likely is.
can't lose Joe... Hoping it is nothing major, good sign he didn't have to be carted off
I didnt see anything like an acl. Looks like he got pancaked backwards. Lower back?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
the screaming scared me

This. Seems like it would be an ACL, hoping it just got hyperextended...........hoping it isn't serious but thinking it most likely is.
Yep, I agree.

I remember seeing a baseball player get hurt really bad. On the ground writhing in pain. Then he got up and walked off on his own like nothing happened. Was later diagnosed with a torn ACL and was done for the year.
Stanley's injury did not look that bad. Just bent backward, not sideways. I'm going high ankle sprain, not knee.
This is why I didn't want people gloating when Seattle lost Okung...karma always rears its ugly head
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We can't lose this dude.

We just did.

The good thing is we have Boone to get some practice and move over to LT. I don't know if we move him next week though. Boone is good at LT, but he is going to be very rusty.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Stanley's injury did not look that bad. Just bent backward, not sideways. I'm going high ankle sprain, not knee.

High ankle sprains are terrible, they have nothing to do with the ankle BTW

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I didnt see anything like an acl. Looks like he got pancaked backwards. Lower back?

It was his right leg. On the replay you'll see it bend slightly inward. Not good.
He was reaching for the back of the leg in the hamstring area.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
This is why I didn't want people gloating when Seattle lost Okung...karma always rears its ugly head

Only the young ones do that. They do it because they don't understand how easily it gets turned around on you.
The few ACL injuries I've been around, it hasn't been excruitiating pain, but you hear a snap. Maybe he screamed because he felt it snap, but that kind of pain is usually ankle injuries...

I don't know if any of you guys have had them, but they are some of the worst initial pain for injuries out there... other than compound fractures.
MATT MAIOCCO SAYS JOE SAID HE'S OK
Share 49ersWebzone