LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Will Nate and Alex compete at next year's camp?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Nate and Alex compete at next year's camp?

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
They'll both be here and they'll both be competing against each other as should be, but the safe money will be on Alex Smith winning out again. If the 9ers can fix their offensive line once and for all in the off season, then we'll finally see if Alex Smith is going to become the team's franchise QB. A lot of different things have occurred to obscure the answer to this question, but next season he should have the O-line and the weapons to succeed – no excuses after next season.

Alex the teams franchise QB???? enough is enough!!!!!!!HE SUCKS, whether we get a better OL, a new OC, a new coach, a new president!!! he's not goanna change!!!
Wait another year?? i dont dont know about u, but im waiting right NOW....
i had alot of confidence in him, but not no more.
and if theres a competition, I hope Nate wins.

you're right sir, Alexs jersey would look better with ur logo isntead of having a #11. nice idea

I've seen them come, I've watched them go. Posters who only have hate in their veins for players on our team.

It will be interesting to see how long you stick around sir. I wish you luck.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Nate hasnt been getting any snaps all season because Hill has been running the scout offense. He has a lot to learn, but he did play well in preseason. I know that it is just preseason, but he didnt play bad. He looked comfortable in the pocket. What do you guys think?

P.S. I feel like if Jimmy Raye is not creative when it comes to playcalling, and it is easy for defenses to gameplan against us.

Considering the simple fact that we still have 6 games, nobody can really say. If Alex continues to struggle and put up mediocre numbers, I would not be suprised to see an open competition. If Alex finishes strong the next few games, then he could very easily be named the starter as well. Either way, I do not see how Hill fits into the equation, unless they decide to keep all 3.
I am tired of the compete for positions. Name a starter and find a plan that works best with them.
  • WeNeedaNewQB
  • Info N/A
They'll both be here and they'll both be competing against each other as should be, but the safe money will be on Alex Smith winning out again. If the 9ers can fix their offensive line once and for all in the off season, then we'll finally see if Alex Smith is going to become the team's franchise QB. A lot of different things have occurred to obscure the answer to this question, but next season he should have the O-line and the weapons to succeed – no excuses after next season.

Alex the teams franchise QB???? enough is enough!!!!!!!HE SUCKS, whether we get a better OL, a new OC, a new coach, a new president!!! he's not goanna change!!!

you're right sir, Alexs jersey would look better with ur logo isntead of having a #11. nice idea

I've seen them come, I've watched them go. Posters who only have hate in their veins for players on our team.

who died and made you queen? hes just posting his opinion. chill dude
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Mr. 3173 posts alias the veteran -
I found out about webzone right before the draft n i check on it everyday, however i just became a member cause of fans like you. I imagine u love alex smith, its obvious. Do u like his beard to???
like i said, enough is enough-HE SUCKS!!! n we are tired of giving him time to become better, HE'S A BUST!! but i know that love hurts, so keep it up, maybe one of this days he might take u back to utah and u 2 can have romantic dinner. good luck!!
FLIES STICK
Originally posted by excelsior:
In an earlier post, I showed the top rated QBs coming out of college from 2005 to 2009. There are thirteen of them, including our beloved Alex Amith. Based on ESPN's current QB ratings for those that have played enough to qualify for the list, it hows that Alex is third with an 81.1 rating. He is exceeded only by Rodgers and Flacco. This shows that drafting a top-rated QB does not often produce magical results, at least not in the first few years.

While it would be wise to draft a QB prospect for future development, realisticly we will more likely go with Alex and see how he progresses with a better OL.

After having had time to digest the game film, Singletary declared at yesterday's press conference that "Alex Smith, to me, is throwing the ball as well as any quarterback in the leagueright now. ... He is as accurate as any quearterback in the league right now." He didn't have to say that if he did not believe it to be true.

Wow, some rational thought here in the Zone. If Alex continues to throw the ball well the rest of this season seems to me he has proven he can throw in the NFL, which was still in question coming into the season.

Then he needs to take the next step - stop making mistakes and win games. If he can do that he will be the starter and the Niners can get him some more weapons (Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller) and an Oline (Bulaga or Trent Williams) in the draft.

We need to get real about Nate. I like Nate. But he is a rookie, 5th round draft pick. He was drafted as a long-term project. He is certainly not ready to play this year and he probably won't be ready next year. Because he did well in preseason against a bunch of guys who are no longer in the league doesn't mean he's going to come in and rip the NFL a new one. Ask Glenn Coffee. He did well in preseason too.
Originally posted by King49er:
Nate Davis HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look at these highlights. He led two game winning drives in the preseason. "But its only preseason". It doesnt matter. He was a rookie playin in his first NFL action and he played well. Be sure to watch his mechanics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIYba7hdg
Update on Nate Davis:

Was listining to KNBR with Ted Robinson: Nate has gotten some reps during last two practices.

Now...He was a projected 1st round pick until his coach fell out with the team. The event + Learning disability caused him to drop in the draft. But he was a steal where we got him.

He can make every NFL throw...name me 5 NFL quarterbacks that can..He also has instinct for the game.

I believe that it would be best to sit him, let him compete for #2 next year. But...from a planning standpoint they have to know what they have in him. So my bet is that if the 49ers are out of the playoffs by the last couple of games then you could see Nate get some game time..if only to introduce him to the speed of the NFL game. He will know the playbook, end of season was his target, and it would be good for his development. If the Niners are smart, then Nate should continue to get practice time and see the field briefly at the end of the Season. Alex may...may come on strong...but i would have plan b ready
Depends on the next six games. If Alex all of a sudden tears it up, he will be the incumbent starter next year. If Alex shows that he really does suck, we will bring in a free agent or yes there will be an open competition.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by King49er:
Nate Davis HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look at these highlights. He led two game winning drives in the preseason. "But its only preseason". It doesnt matter. He was a rookie playin in his first NFL action and he played well. Be sure to watch his mechanics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIYba7hdg

He's will be good, nice video.
Originally posted by BrodieWins:
Update on Nate Davis:

Was listining to KNBR with Ted Robinson: Nate has gotten some reps during last two practices.

Now...He was a projected 1st round pick until his coach fell out with the team. The event + Learning disability caused him to drop in the draft. But he was a steal where we got him.

He can make every NFL throw...name me 5 NFL quarterbacks that can..He also has instinct for the game.

I believe that it would be best to sit him, let him compete for #2 next year. But...from a planning standpoint they have to know what they have in him. So my bet is that if the 49ers are out of the playoffs by the last couple of games then you could see Nate get some game time..if only to introduce him to the speed of the NFL game. He will know the playbook, end of season was his target, and it would be good for his development. If the Niners are smart, then Nate should continue to get practice time and see the field briefly at the end of the Season. Alex may...may come on strong...but i would have plan b ready

I think the most likely scenerio is that Davis competes with Hill for the second spot. I have to believe that a new offense will be put in place that is spread orientated,. This gives Davis the advantage, Maybe by year three, depending of how Alex does, he can push for the starters job.
Originally posted by BrodieWins:
Update on Nate Davis:

1. Tom Brady
2. Drew Brees
3. Peyton Manning
4. Philip Rivers
5. Kurt Warner

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone