LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 411 users in the forums

Most important element of the team

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Most important element of the team

Originally posted by fandemonium:
Well, since every position is played by a carbon-based life form, I'd say carbon is the most important element.

spock?
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Well, since every position is played by a carbon-based life form, I'd say carbon is the most important element.

spock?

I was going to say H2O! Aren't we 90% water anyway?
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Kush_Man16:
this poll proves the stupidity if the people on this board........Good QBs make o-lines

Well, if you want a debate about the stupidity of your fellow posters, speak to the mods. But you prove nothing, because good O lines make good qb's. And good running backs. And they even help make receivers better.

look at the colts o line all lower round picks......pats o line lower round picks.....what about the cards o line except for levi brown.......even dalllas's oline isnt made up of high round picks
this poll proves the stupidity if the people on this board........Good QBs make o-lines

Well, if you want a debate about the stupidity of your fellow posters, speak to the mods. But you prove nothing, because good O lines make good qb's. And good running backs. And they even help make receivers better.

look at the colts o line all lower round picks......pats o line lower round picks.....what about the cards o line except for levi brown.......even dalllas's oline isnt made up of high round picks

You are changing the argument. Because they are low picks doesn't mean they weren't developed into fine players. And has no impact at all on the importance of the position
Originally posted by macombs:

Well, Spock would point out that water is not an element - it is made up of the elements hydrogen and oxygen.

But the further away we get from the joke, the less interesting it becomes . . .
@ the nerdy carbon comment.

OLine and DLine are the most important positions on the team. No OLine you have no running game and no time for your QB to throw the ball. No DLine and you get no pressure on the QB giving him time to just pick the defense apart as well as no ability to get a push into the back field to allow the LB's to hit the hole and take the RB down in the back field or for a minimal gain.

You are changing the argument. Because they are low picks doesn't mean they weren't developed into fine players. And has no impact at all on the importance of the position

Precisely. 1st & 2nd round talent on an o-line is great but if they're not coached-up properly they will fail.
Originally posted by macombs:

Well, Spock would point out that water is not an element - it is made up of the elements hydrogen and oxygen.

But the further away we get from the joke, the less interesting it becomes . . .

Excellent point Spock... know wonder I never got higher than a C in science.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Jeff Garcia made his oline's look all pro because he's was quick on his feet.

He never stayed behind his O-line long enough to make plays. Happy feet took off right after he got the hike.

f**k i hated him and Mooch

Yeah it was horrible having a pro bowl QB that made smart decisions and accurate throws. What a loser.

None of the above. Ownership and front office. Bad ownership and front office = bad, unwatchable product on the field.

Well perhaps it makes at least one of us look stupid . . . A QB can make an O-line look better, but any QB wants a good O-line so that they can do their job instead of dancing around to avoid the rush.

GREAT o-LINES ARE THE BEDROCK OF GREAT TEAMS!!!

You got the backwards. Good O-lines make good QBs. Every noticed how much time Manning, Brady, and Brees have to throw???? Manning and Brady do it with almost no running game either.

A very good O-line can make an AVG QB look like Good and a Good QB look Great.
Everyone is important in a team game. But this is a passing league. Wihtout a good quarterback, you are just spinning your wheels and going through the motions for 16 games.

Yeah, I know all the lore of Ravens. I also notice that is the only contrary example in the modern era that people fall back to.
Originally posted by AKfanster:

You got the backwards. Good O-lines make good QBs. Every noticed how much time Manning, Brady, and Brees have to throw???? Manning and Brady do it with almost no running game either.

A very good O-line can make an AVG QB look like Good and a Good QB look Great.

I also notice those QBs get the ball out of their hands very quickly & accurately under a rush, and even want the defense to blitz in many cases, so they can expolit it. They often know where everyoine is on the field, and can make a decision in an instant where the ball should be thrown.
Share 49ersWebzone