There are 149 users in the forums

Demetric Evans, the forgotten man

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
who

Yeah, I can't honestly say that I've noticed him on a single play this season.
Just depth.
I cant remember if his name was ever called during a game???
Evans weighs closer to the 280's and is not a speed rusher in the least.
Evans blows! he has done nothing for us and we have RJF right there with lots of potential. the DL is very solid and has 3 veterans starting I say let Balmer/RJF be the back ups.
Mis-matched signing.. The guys not a bum, he just doesnt fit what we need or do.. Just draft Terrance Cody and trade this guy next year.
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Nov 17, 2009 at 6:19 PM ]
who is this evans that you speak of?
He's best suited for DE...I saw him getting some decent pressure in games before he got hurt. We need his experience...he's good for the rotation.
You can't possibly be serious wiht this question? this guy has no where near the skill set needed to play OLB.

Originally posted by lamontb:
You can't possibly be serious wiht this question? this guy has no where near the skill set needed to play OLB.

You mean he cant go forward and rush the passer?
Maybe he will get some time as an edge rusher, if we play some nickel and dime with a 4 man front that is?

We gotta find a way to use his talents when he comes back, lets see what he can do, if not then let RJF get some snaps
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadMartz:

You might as well just switch it to the 4-3 if you want Evans to play as an OLB in the 3-4. Teams will know he's the OLB rushing the passer which would defeat the purpose of the 3-4 since you wouldn't be able to hide the blitz.

He doesn't have the ability period. he doesn't have the agility, lateral movement, nor pass rush skills to play the position. He's a back up DE nothing more nothing less.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I think our defense is playing pretty well without him.

You think Lawson and Parys are playing well huh?

lawson may not be getting the scks but he is pressuring the QB well and making some good plays i have no problem with lawsons play, Haralson isnt playing that great

I don't know val, I would consider pressuring the QB as getting there before the QB wants to throw the ball. Lawson seems to arrive just after the QB comfortably throws the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone