LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Snyder allowing the most sacks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Smiley..1 sack allowed

Isn't he hurt though?

Where are those guards you can sign off the street and have them play well McCloughan? You better find them soon or else your a$$ is grass.
On the INT by Briggs that got called back. Smith was hit in the arm as he threw the ball. The rusher blew by Rachel Trying real hard not to be critical of the Chilo cause he's a young guy in his second year
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Smiley..1 sack allowed

Isn't he hurt though?

Where are those guards you can sign off the street and have them play well McCloughan? You better find them soon or else your a$$ is grass.

Is he? Haven't heard anything about that...
Sims hasn't given up any yet? WOW. Baas with only 1.
well there's a reason GB gives up a lot of sacks...they face J Allen twice a yr....i hope Manny and Haralson can do the same as Allen to GB next week!

regarding Snyder....do we really have someone solid behind him on the depth chart?
Alex Boone?
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Wow, I did not realize he was doing that bad. Thankfully, we only have one guy ranked high, while the next is in the 20's or 30's. If you look closely though, GB has 3 guys in the top ten, and I am hoping the Niners defense exploit the crap out of this...

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/11/13/between-the-lines-whos-allowing-the-most-sacks/

lol i like how you say "if you look closely" about the Packers horrid OL. its pretty widespread that the Packers OL is probably the worst in football. theyd be an elite team if Rodgers had any time to throw. their line is AWFUL. you dont need to look closely to realize that.

last week their OL let one of the absolute worst pass rushes in football (TB), get into the backfield and hit Rodgers all day long. if we dont generate a pass rush on Rodgers, i dont know what to tell you.
He's a Guard and not a Tackle. Always was. The only reason we play him at Tackle every single year is ALL OUR TACKLES are made of GLASS and get hurt every season. None of our Tackles make it through the year and that is why Snyder plays out of position every year.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 14, 2009 at 05:37:22 ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
There was a large push among the Zoners to sign Jordan Gross to play tackle here, and he's tied with Snyder on that list.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Logan Mankins in Free agency and Right tackle with our first 1st round pick. Then let BAAS walk and move Snyder inside to be a back up guard and battle Chilo at RG to push him. Let Simms back up LT and let Boone back up RT. That should be fine as long as Staley doesn't turn into Jonas Jennings.

Free Agency only has to get 3 things accomplished:
1. LOGAN MANKINS
2. Re-Sign Abrayo Franklin
3. Get Vernon Davis and P-Willy locked up very long term

Originally posted by SJniner7:
Wow, I did not realize he was doing that bad. Thankfully, we only have one guy ranked high, while the next is in the 20's or 30's. If you look closely though, GB has 3 guys in the top ten, and I am hoping the Niners defense exploit the crap out of this...

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/11/13/between-the-lines-whos-allowing-the-most-sacks/

It's kind of hard to give up a sack when your OC calls 80% run plays...hehe.
I've said it once and I'll say it again...Snyder is the most over looked player on our bad OL and I don't mean that in a positive way. He might actually be our worst lineman. Everyone praises him for being versatile, but he SUCKS at both positions. Logan Mankins (or another FA guard...possibly 2) must be a 49er next year or the offseason is a failure. We will draft an RT (or LT, we can always move Staley) with one of our first two picks. Then we'll draft a guard probably in the second.

Next years OL needs to look like this

Staley-FA-Heitmann-FA/rookie-Rookie 1st rounder
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by crzy:
Snyder got punked ALL GAME by Adawale

it was sooooo bad i started laughing, it looked like he was some 125 lbs guy going against an nfl de

lol
Originally posted by fzrdave:
That Green Bay stat doesn't surprise me; they have the worse O-line in all of football and the Packers leed the league in sacks allowed. Now, David Baas only having allowed one sack really surprises me. I thought he he'd be up there near the top.

and yet, rodgers seems to do more than alex smith could even imagine doing...
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
That Green Bay stat doesn't surprise me; they have the worse O-line in all of football and the Packers leed the league in sacks allowed. Now, David Baas only having allowed one sack really surprises me. I thought he he'd be up there near the top.

yeah i'm completely shocked by David Baas only allowing 1 sack. But to think about it seems like he sucks more at run blocking than pass protection. Baas was much better at RG than he is at LG and needs to be moved back.

IMO our best running play comes from Baas. We line up with VD in down position on the right side. Everybody shifts their blocks to the man on the left, Baas pulls and hits the open hole. Gets us good yardage every single time (It's the play that sprung Gore's TD run on Chicago. Take a look. (Baas is taking on Harrison to spring the block). Oh and VD is also a beast on blocking as well. He's taking on two players by himself there.

Now I wouldn't mind getting a really talented LT, but I don't think it's as big a priority as getting some depth at RT and RG.
Share 49ersWebzone