Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by King49er:
yay
Trying tp put some objective analysis into the Smith haters vs. Smith lovers quarrel.
Personally, I think that Smitih will continue to grow and Raye will continue to open up the offense as the season goes on. Smith will be a quality starter by year's end and will go into camp next year as the unchallenged starter.
Its do-or-die for him! He better show that he can win with the rest of this season or they better CUT HIS ASS!! I'm tired of the "he didn't get a fair shot" bulls**t excuse! He is getting his chance now and is 0-3 so far. How much time are we going to wait for him to "develop"??
Smith will improve as the season moves on, kind of like Garcia did in '99.
What if he doesn't though? Would you need to see another season with him as starter or how much more time do you think would be considered 'fair' before you say; 'You know what? He just isn't the answer, its time to move on'?
He hasn't played in two years and you guys are ready to dump our former 1st round pick because of his last game? Have you seen how Stafford played this year? He's thrown a crap load of picks. Should he be benched and driven out of the NFL?
Woa!!! What??? Where the hell do you begin to compare Stafford and Smith?? Smith has been in this league for a hell-of-a-lot longer than that kid and he HAD HIS CHANCE! Also, compare the guys around both?? Stafford's team is a joke, yet he still manages to light it up often. Our O-line sucks, but Smith has plenty of weapons on his side and a defense that gives him the ball more often.....
I'm sorry, but you just failed BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!! I respect the guys who are all over Smith's nutz and can come up with somewhat of a valid argument for him, but you??






...And I'm not responding to any reply that you may have on this!
Smith had his chance??? really when was that? He had a horrible rookie year. Showed progress in 06 and started out 2-1 in 07 before being injured. Yup he had hs chance
Okay man, I don't want to keep hearing the same from you either. I respect everyone's opinion, but lets put the cards on the table and give me a straight answer..... The same question goes to you:
What if Alex Smith isn't the answer and will never become the Quarterback that you expected to get in 2005? 1st overall pick, needless to remind you.
Would you need to see another season with him as starter or
HOW MUCH MORE TIME do you think would be considered 'fair' before you say; 'You know what? He just isn't the answer, its time to move on'? Serious question.
I want to begin to understand if all of the Smith supporters truly know or see something about the guy that I'm just not realizing given the situation. And I'm not talking Madden or Fantasy. I'm thinking what would be considered REALISTIC in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, which is a well-respected league of professional players, who's average career is only 3.5 seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is the average career length of a NFL football player?