There are 233 users in the forums

Jeff Fisher's comments about Willis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My take is that if we manage to bungle resigning Willis to an extension, Fisher will be first in line with a truck full of money.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by GORO:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Fisher is quoted as saying he was impressed with Patrick Willis, but at the same time he trashed the rest of our D.

"I think he knew once 52 (Willis) was nowhere in the vicinity that no one was going to catch him," Fisher said. "Willis on the field yesterday was the only one that could catch him. I have to compliment him and his play because I have not seen an effort out of a linebacker like I've seen out of the effort out of him.

"C.J. would have had three more touchdowns yesterday had he not been on the field. It was an outstanding defensive effort by Patrick Willis."

"C.J." was lucky to get what he got against us, who were the NFL's top ranked run D. he broke a couple big runs, but we contained Johnson for most the game. you dont often see a coach stroking off his own player so much at the expense of the other team. like he's some random titans fan or something.

maybe its damage control from his peyton manning jersey thing. either way he looked like an ass.

Nate Clements injury was a big lost to our run defense

Agreed about Nate here.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Chris Johnson killed us. He owned us. I don't see any moral victories there. From a Titans Offensive stadpoint at least he is why they won.

Chris Johnson is fast but really 5 td's is just being a cocky a*****e. i do have to admit johnson has some sick balance. you can also see fisher standing on the field...

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:58:17 ]
f**k Chris Johnson!
I'll take an overrated coach's words with a grain of salt.
  • TFSP
Chris Johnson killed us. He owned us. I don't see any moral victories there. From a Titans Offensive stadpoint at least he is why they won.

Look how low this brutha is running near the ground. We all remember how fast he looked in person or TV on that play. My actual words when I seen this play was, "Yeah we got this, huh, wait, hold up, no this MOFO didn't let CJ get by him like that."

Now that I look at this picture and said dayumm, PH couldn't reach for him to tackle. He was out there looking like a dayumm cartoon character. Willis would have got him though, that just wasn't his assignment on that play, unless he would've been there!

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
My take is that if we manage to bungle resigning Willis to an extension, Fisher will be first in line with a truck full of money.

I don't agree. I think are front office will pay him if not i swear to god i'll find jed york and have his balls in a jar by the end of that day, im sure i can recruit enough fans to force are way into the building.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Chris Johnson is fast but really 5 td's is just being a cocky a*****e.

thank you.
How is that trashing the rest of our defense? Willis really is the only guy that can keep up with him.
Fisher is quoted as saying he was impressed with Patrick Willis, but at the same time he trashed the rest of our D.

"I think he knew once 52 (Willis) was nowhere in the vicinity that no one was going to catch him," Fisher said. "Willis on the field yesterday was the only one that could catch him. I have to compliment him and his play because I have not seen an effort out of a linebacker like I've seen out of the effort out of him.

"C.J. would have had three more touchdowns yesterday had he not been on the field. It was an outstanding defensive effort by Patrick Willis."

"C.J." was lucky to get what he got against us, who were the NFL's top ranked run D. he broke a couple big runs, but we contained Johnson for most the game. you dont often see a coach stroking off his own player so much at the expense of the other team. like he's some random titans fan or something.

maybe its damage control from his peyton manning jersey thing. either way he looked like an ass.

Exactly! Nate is awesome in run support and he would have helped P. Willis rip his f**king grill out!

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Exactly! Nate is awesome in run support and he would have helped P. Willis rip his f**king grill out!

While I agree about the loss of Nate, I've had a problem all season about the inability of our outside linebackers to consistently set the edge. Seems like when opposing RB's have the most success against our run defense it is to the outside and most often to the right side of our defense. Drives me nuts.
Originally posted by Born49R:

While I agree about the loss of Nate, I've had a problem all season about the inability of our outside linebackers to consistently set the edge. Seems like when opposing RB's have the most success against our run defense it is to the outside and most often to the right side of our defense. Drives me nuts.

Manny actually does pretty well setting the edge on his side IMO, but Parys has fallen off so hard. I dunno WTF happened to that guy but we definitely need an improvement there.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Born49R:

Manny actually does pretty well setting the edge on his side IMO, but Parys has fallen off so hard. I dunno WTF happened to that guy but we definitely need an improvement there.

Wasnt Balmer on that side on that play though??
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
All his big runs were to the outside, between the tackles we contained him.

[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 10, 2009 at 15:07:07 ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Vince Young is lucky to still be alive and healthy after facing Willin

There was that one play in the red zone where Young took off and it looked like he had a clear path towards the first down marker and maybe the end zone and Willis just came in and stuffed him. That might have worked against USC but not against Patrick Willis. Willis can be as good as Ray Lewis in his prime if the Niners can just put the pieces around him.
Share 49ersWebzone