LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 338 users in the forums

My observations

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
It doesn't matter who your Qb is. If you have no protection you're not winning period. Then u start forcing sht. It's bad play all around including Smith.
The games we won we had a positive turnover ratio in the games we have lost we have given up the ball more than taken it away. Today the Titans scored 3 times off of take aways. Last week the Colts scored 2 times we have to turn this statistic around.

We are not good enough to over come our mistakes.
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
The games we won we had a positive turnover ratio in the games we have lost we have given up the ball more than taken it away. Today the Titans scored 3 times off of take aways. Last week the Colts scored 2 times we have to turn this statistic around.

We are not good enough to over come our mistakes.

Ummm...duh
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I've said this since February.

The 49ers season will be dependent upon trench play. End of story.

As long as the 49ers continue to have problems with consistently rushing the passer while protecting their own pass/opening up holes for their rushers, the team will continue to struggle regardless of who's at skill positions.

Everyone wants someone to "make a play" but unless you have ridiculously elite talent to overcome the utter train wreck that is the OL and the lukewarm pass-rush, the 49er will continue to lose games.

Smith, Hill, Young, Montana, - it doesn't matter. All these guys - ALL of them need better blocking than we see on this team to be successful.

Quite simply, this is the worst OL play I have ever seen in San Francisco. This OL is worse than the '79 squad - I mean it's really bad, easily the worst in the league.[/quote]

I agree 100%. I don't know if I have ever seen a worse O line. 79 is a long time ago to remember if it was this bad.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
We're still a work in progress. Hopefully we can finish up the season strong and have some momentum for next season.

like the last 8 years???? no enough with that crap we need 2 win and we need a fresh start
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Alex showed some nice things in the first half, were he really impressed me. The TD to Hill was nice.
As I watched the long completion to Vernon again, I have to say that he threw it on to the right shoulder away from the defenders.
Also his hard count improved.

Yet the interceptions were bad. At least he did not throw it directly to the other team, but the ball seemed to arrive a bit late. Still needs a lot of work, and needs more consistency.

O line. RT is a big concern! Snyder is bad. He might be versatile, yet is beaten to often.
The WTF play comes on the titans blitz were the Safety comes through unblocked after showing blitz. Heitmann! That's your responsibilty as C, to make adjustemts!

Again no passrush from our OLBs. Parys is lost as a pssrusher and bad in coverage, Manny is at least good in coverage.

D line is Ok. Solid at eating up blocks, more or less quite pleased. Justin Smith is a besat an teh best passrusher on the team, a 3-4 DE 'nough said!

The defence as a bunch is no longer creating turnovers instead their giving up big plays and are unable to get off the field on third downs.

Return game? What return game???

Some postitives

Gore is a beast how many times was he supposed to be stuffed and broke free, he looks fresh and quicker than ever also shows great patience and vision.
Willis is a beast, his ability to make difficult open field tackles to run down fast guys every down his range, Ray Lewis step aside make room for Patrick Willis.
Vernon grew up. and finally is running over people.
Jason Hill making a strong case for himself!
Andy Lee best in the business.
Great post...... great observations.......

There is enough talent on this team to win. Its painful to watch them lose every week, when the victory is right there. Still faithful..........
Although this was a bitter loss to stomach, I only thought the 49ers would go 7-9 this year. The team is a work in progress with a couple glaring holes. Yet there were some positives.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Although this was a bitter loss to stomach, I only thought the 49ers would go 7-9 this year. The team is a work in progress with a couple glaring holes. Yet there were some positives.

It's been a work in progress for years...when is it going to be progress??????????
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
We're still a work in progress. Hopefully we can finish up the season strong and have some momentum for next season.

Sounds like a broken record.

"Wait until next year" is the unofficial motto of 9ers fans.

So what should we do, become Charger fans? I'm always going to be a fan. I don't give up like some people.

very well said my friend, very well said.

Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

It's been a work in progress for years...when is it going to be progress??????????

Next year!

Seriously, tho -- whenever we get an O-Line.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

Next year!

Seriously, tho -- whenever we get an O-Line.

WE DO NOT HAVE A QB! WE HAVE LOUSY OWNERS! WE HAVE A MEDIOCRE GM! YUUUUUUCK!
Other than that scramble and roll out pass to Jason Hill... ALex Smith sucks. This is the Alex we all know from 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008. Takes too long to make a decision, throws the ball late, over throws a lot.

I say put Hill back in. Hill had a bad game against ATL, as did everyone on the 49ers including the coaches. Hill struggled against the Texans. Other than that, he's the guy who has won us some games this season and the end of last season.

Sure he doesn't have a rocket arm or great mobility. At least he won't blow the game. Hill would at least give us a CHANCE to win.

My conclusion.... Alex Smith sucks.
This season could've been SO much better if the team had a respectable O-line. It seems this team has been cursed of late when it comes to RTs. Jennings and Pashos both have/had talent, but injuries kept them off the field. Now we're stuck with Snyder, AGAIN, playing one of the most important spots on the line.
I don't want to get started on the interior guys. Baas sucks and is injuried alot. His horrible play gets over shadowed by Rachal's even worse play. Heitmann is an above avg guy, but he's playing between 2 horrible guards.

Staley is by far the best guy on the line, but is only avg as far as LTs go.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Im guaranteeing a Smith megacomeback in the next game!

I'm guaranteeing A Hill mega comeback by the end of the next game, followed by a Smith mega-mega comeback, followed by a tazer wildcat hybrid featuring a 2 QB backfield and an ultra mega skookum deluxe comeback of both Hill and Smith, followed by....championship!!!!

That's what I am talkin about..LMFAO
Share 49ersWebzone