LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

My observations

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex showed some nice things in the first half, were he really impressed me. The TD to Hill was nice.
As I watched the long completion to Vernon again, I have to say that he threw it on to the right shoulder away from the defenders.
Also his hard count improved.

Yet the interceptions were bad. At least he did not throw it directly to the other team, but the ball seemed to arrive a bit late. Still needs a lot of work, and needs more consistency.

O line. RT is a big concern! Snyder is bad. He might be versatile, yet is beaten to often.
The WTF play comes on the titans blitz were the Safety comes through unblocked after showing blitz. Heitmann! That's your responsibilty as C, to make adjustemts!

Again no passrush from our OLBs. Parys is lost as a pssrusher and bad in coverage, Manny is at least good in coverage.

D line is Ok. Solid at eating up blocks, more or less quite pleased. Justin Smith is a besat an teh best passrusher on the team, a 3-4 DE 'nough said!

The defence as a bunch is no longer creating turnovers instead their giving up big plays and are unable to get off the field on third downs.

Return game? What return game???

Some postitives

Gore is a beast how many times was he supposed to be stuffed and broke free, he looks fresh and quicker than ever also shows great patience and vision.
Willis is a beast, his ability to make difficult open field tackles to run down fast guys every down his range, Ray Lewis step aside make room for Patrick Willis.
Vernon grew up. and finally is running over people.
Jason Hill making a strong case for himself!
Andy Lee best in the business.
  • B650
  • Veteran
We're still a work in progress. Hopefully we can finish up the season strong and have some momentum for next season.
Im guaranteeing a Smith megacomeback in the next game!
Originally posted by B650:
We're still a work in progress. Hopefully we can finish up the season strong and have some momentum for next season.

Sounds like a broken record.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

I'm guaranteeing A Hill mega comeback by the end of the next game, followed by a Smith mega-mega comeback, followed by a tazer wildcat hybrid featuring a 2 QB backfield and an ultra mega skookum deluxe comeback of both Hill and Smith, followed by....championship!!!!

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 8, 2009 at 17:30:07 ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

I'm guaranteeing A Hill mega comeback by the end of the next game, followed by a Smith mega-mega comeback, followed by a tazer wildcat hybrid featuring a 2 QB backfield and an ultra mega skookum deluxe comeback of both Hill and Smith, followed by....championship!!!!

It doesn't matter who your Qb is. If you have no protection you're not winning period. Then u start forcing sht. It's bad play all around including Smith.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

"Wait until next year" is the unofficial motto of 9ers fans.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leolion:

So what should we do, become Charger fans? I'm always going to be a fan. I don't give up like some people.

Were just finding ways to lose right now, turnovers are killing us and we aren't forcing any turnovers.
Originally posted by leolion:

BITE ME
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Alex showed some nice things in the first half, were he really impressed me. The TD to Hill was nice.
As I watched the long completion to Vernon again, I have to say that he threw it on to the right shoulder away from the defenders.
Also his hard count improved.

Yet the interceptions were bad. At least he did not throw it directly to the other team, but the ball seemed to arrive a bit late. Still needs a lot of work, and needs more consistency.

O line. RT is a big concern! Snyder is bad. He might be versatile, yet is beaten to often.
The WTF play comes on the titans blitz were the Safety comes through unblocked after showing blitz. Heitmann! That's your responsibilty as C, to make adjustemts!

Again no passrush from our OLBs. Parys is lost as a pssrusher and bad in coverage, Manny is at least good in coverage.

D line is Ok. Solid at eating up blocks, more or less quite pleased. Justin Smith is a besat an teh best passrusher on the team, a 3-4 DE 'nough said!

The defence as a bunch is no longer creating turnovers instead their giving up big plays and are unable to get off the field on third downs.

Return game? What return game???

Some postitives

Gore is a beast how many times was he supposed to be stuffed and broke free, he looks fresh and quicker than ever also shows great patience and vision.
Willis is a beast, his ability to make difficult open field tackles to run down fast guys every down his range, Ray Lewis step aside make room for Patrick Willis.
Vernon grew up. and finally is running over people.
Jason Hill making a strong case for himself!
Andy Lee best in the business.

I agree with your points , Smith wasn't all that bad today . No , he wasn't top notch either . The OL is the worst in football , in the draft we better take a few OL and shred a few of the scrubs we have. As for smith he is going to have some great games and some so so ones like today. As for Hill , I would start him over Morgan next week .I do not think the 49ers will win the west this year , today's games really showed how bad this team is on all sides of the ball.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I've said this since February.

The 49ers season will be dependent upon trench play. End of story.

As long as the 49ers continue to have problems with consistently rushing the passer while protecting their own pass/opening up holes for their rushers, the team will continue to struggle regardless of who's at skill positions.

Everyone wants someone to "make a play" but unless you have ridiculously elite talent to overcome the utter train wreck that is the OL and the lukewarm pass-rush, the 49er will continue to lose games.

Smith, Hill, Young, Montana, - it doesn't matter. All these guys - ALL of them need better blocking than we see on this team to be successful.

Quite simply, this is the worst OL play I have ever seen in San Francisco. This OL is worse than the '79 squad - I mean it's really bad, easily the worst in the league.

It's been his way for a few years now. I seriously am on the verge of believing the line needs blown up.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I've said this since February.

The 49ers season will be dependent upon trench play. End of story.

As long as the 49ers continue to have problems with consistently rushing the passer while protecting their own pass/opening up holes for their rushers, the team will continue to struggle regardless of who's at skill positions.

Everyone wants someone to "make a play" but unless you have ridiculously elite talent to overcome the utter train wreck that is the OL and the lukewarm pass-rush, the 49er will continue to lose games.

Smith, Hill, Young, Montana, - it doesn't matter. All these guys - ALL of them need better blocking than we see on this team to be successful.

Quite simply, this is the worst OL play I have ever seen in San Francisco. This OL is worse than the '79 squad - I mean it's really bad, easily the worst in the league.

It's been his way for a few years now. I seriously am on the verge of believing the line needs blown up.

Exactly. I'm not saying Alex had a good game at all but when ur o line is this bad it's hard for the offense, let alone the QB, to get into any kind of rhythm. Not going to happen whether it's Smith Or Hill.
Share 49ersWebzone