LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

We Need...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Crabtree is a #1 but in the split end position. Normally, #1's play the flanker position.
We need an O-line. I thought that was a given. No Qb on the planet can do good with our O-line. If we don't get that fixed first what's the point of an other Qb?
  • Pedro61
  • Info N/A
On offense, all we need (assuming smith continues to impress) is two guards and a tackle! Heitmann and staley are the boys........rachal, snyder, bass are all good depth but thats all.

VDSF...............Newberry, Gragg and big Ray were awesome.........let's not forget dave fiore and derrick deese..... didnt deese only give up 1 sack all season one year? Dominant........ These guys all got banged up/old etc, but what I cant deal with if Justin Smiley anchoring the O line of a team who is in the top 5 in the league rushing (and in the Jets/Pats div!!), when we could have signed him (we had the cap room).

If we'd kept smiley, we'd be in a much better way....... It makes me all warm and fuzzy that we attributed frank gore's big year a couple of years ago to moran norris, but it was probably more to do with smiley.....(and norv turner).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
We need an O-line. I thought that was a given. No Qb on the planet can do good with our O-line. If we don't get that fixed first what's the point of an other Qb?

Without a doubt we need a RT/LT (Staley can be moved to RT if we draft a LT) and a rushing OLB. I'm sure those will be the top 2 priorities come the draft.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 5, 2009 at 05:45:27 ]
I'm no pro scout, but I just started watching college ball and tebow is NOT an NFL QB. he will take years of grooming. He runs the ball like 50% of the time!!! And when he does throw it, he doesn't even scan the field. He knows who the ball is going to before the snap. That will NOT work in the nfl. Clausen and Locker will be MUCH better NFL QB's.
Share 49ersWebzone