LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

O line will not give Smith time

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • drama
  • Info N/A
obvisouly our o line is not that good i honestly think staley is overrated alex can be a good qb in this leage but he will need time and thats something our line hasnt done since young was with us. What we need to do is open up our check books and get some solid players so that alex can get the ball downfield. 2 first rounders next year, with our first pick in 2010 darft we will get a legit o lineman
  • mod
  • Veteran
his scrambling ability and improved confidence makes me a little more hopeful though
Originally posted by modninerfan:
his scrambling ability and improved confidence makes me a little more hopeful though

yes true that he gives our offense hope compared to Hill.

It was actually fun watching our offense this past week compared to Hill boring ass checkdowns. Hopefully we keep it going.
  • Luca
  • Veteran
I think that our O line will come around.
Originally posted by Luca:

i hope so...

If next years draft isnt used on O lineman, we are doomed. If berry is available, take him, otherwise, go with best OL available.
what this is what are oline as been waiting for. bcus they know they don't have noodle arm back there. alex gets rid of it quik shawn not so quik. so when you have someone back there that can ge it gone quik they don't have to work so long on blocking you know.. niners beat indy mark my words
  • drama
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by vaniner757:
what this is what are oline as been waiting for. bcus they know they don't have noodle arm back there. alex gets rid of it quik shawn not so quik. so when you have someone back there that can ge it gone quik they don't have to work so long on blocking you know.. niners beat indy mark my words

alex has never been known to get it out quck hopefully thats part he "MAtured"

Originally posted by drama:
obvisouly our o line is not that good i honestly think staley is overrated alex can be a good qb in this leage but he will need time and thats something our line hasnt done since young was with us. What we need to do is open up our check books and get some solid players so that alex can get the ball downfield. 2 first rounders next year, with our first pick in 2010 darft we will get a legit o lineman

One thing that might help is that teams might think twice about putting 8 (or 9) men in the box all of the time. That is a lot of bodies for an O Line to have to deal with. Seeing Smith's performance (and Crabtree, Davis and Morgan's) play last Sunday might give the Colt's pause about doing this. And if they do it, hopefully the Niners can now make them pay.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

i hope so...

If next years draft isnt used on O lineman, we are doomed. If berry is available, take him, otherwise, go with best OL available.

If Berry is there you have to take him. Other pick can hopefully get the Niners a quality o-Lineman. It would be really great if the Niners do not need to consider one of those picks for a quarterback.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

i hope so...

foolish..

when a draft is so heavy in play makers and skill position players, you do not go after players who play positions that can be found in the mid rounds who are very solid at their respective positions..

with the looming rookie cap that is likely to be in place in the draft following this next year. there are going to be an unprecedented number of juniors and redshirt sophmores declaring for those skill postions and playmakers who want the most money they can get..

if we take an offensive linemen with EITHER first round pick i will be shocked with the huge number of talent at the postions that are normally hard to find in this years draft..if we have an early to mid 2nd round pick, i would be shocked at o-line there as well, late 2nd round would make sense as there will be offensive linemen in the 2nd, 3rd and possibly even 4th round this year that would likely go in the 1st round of any of the recent drafts..

both firsts will likely see us go, safety/cb and dline/olb...OR QB if Alex struggles. an early 2nd will again likely see us go defense at one of the prior mentioned positions that didnt get picked...a late second i wouldnt be surprised to go oline there, and i definitely think in the 3rd and 4th round we address offensive line..

disagree all you want, just take a look at the league and compare the number of GOOD offensive linemen that are taken in the middle rounds in comparison to early rounds to those GOOD skill players that are taken in those respective rounds as well...they exist, but the Oline stat HEAVILY outweighs the other..

• mod
  • Veteran

I dont think so... it was just evident that Alex is better at avoiding the rush when they blitzed.

Staley is not a superstar.... He is a solid starter, good but not great. Same with Heitmann.

As someone who played on an O-line I can tell you that its very difficult for an O-line to be effective when you are rotating players. The relationship between Tackles, guards, and centers are like that of a QB and WR.

We need to draft a tackle in the first and a guard in the second... I wouldnt be opposed to taking 2 OL in the 1st round and a safety or QB(thats if Alex sucks) in the 2nd.

I love Crabs, but we should have gotten Michael Oher

Based on what????
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

Disagreed. I would have been SO f**king pissed if we passed on crabtree.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

Disagreed. I would have been SO f**king pissed if we passed on crabtree.

Somebody needs to be UPRIGHT to throw to him...
[ Edited by Bobbi9698 on Oct 27, 2009 at 2:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone