LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Is it just me or does this feel like a Win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know if it feels like a win, but I sure felt good about the second half. It looks like Jimmy Rayes play calling has been covering for Hill's weaknesses. With a more spread offense, running lanes should open up more. If (IF) the OL can do some figure out how to block regularly, we will have a much better chance. I just don't know about "the stregnth of our team" Staley, Wragge, Heitmann, Snyder, Sims just does not instill a confidence that I can believe in...
Feels like a lose to me. Just like folks thought that Vikings game was some type of moral victory. Moral victories don't get you in the playoff.s there were positives in the game, but nothing that felt like a win.
*checks scoreboard*

*looks at the letter next to the scoreboard*

nope... the little L next to the score means we lost
Ummmm. I'm not gonna bash this thread cause it is way better than all the negative Nancy stuff that usually plagues the board after a loss. But sadly no this is a painful painful loss. We are out of first place cause we cut our kick returner.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nah it pretty much feels like a loss, we just surprised because Alex came and played really well. No one really expected that.
  • DenverNiner
  • Info N/A
I kinda remember someone saying something like:

"I'm NOT a moral victory kinda guy" earlier in this season. Gee wasn't that someone important in this organization?

God, I miss the days when Rice and Young were around and guys would say that they would feel sick to their stomach the entire plane ride home because of a loss. I don't see that kinda disappointment on our players faces after a loss like today.

This is a game we should have been better prepared for and we should have won. We DIDN'T win and frankly it makes me a little sick to my stomach.
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Shawn Hill isn't that bad idk why so many people are making it seem as if he is terrible at the qb position. He is a good, legit quarterback who doesn't make very mistakes. I honestly believe that if Singletary gave him the opportunity to run more pass plays in the beginning of the game rather than when we need it, he could have shown more of his short throw accuracy. He can deliver the bomb, but not as well as we would hope. But those pass plays will help open up our running game instead of doing our regular run, run, pass, and then punt. If the 49ers learn how to get momentum early in the game, we should have no problems progressing through the season.

LMAO!... He don't suck... but He can't get any better... and we need better from the QB!... He is a career back up! get over it.
spurlock needs to return all punts and kickoffs, NO MROB OR BATTLE
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
It def felt like a win to me, It usally takes me a few days to get over a loss, I was excited after the end of the game for things to come(I would have liked the comeback dont get me wronge) But those 3 TDS gave me chills, poor alex has had a rough go at it but he came in under the radar and blew s**t up! To the rest of the season!!!!
now that AZ beat the giants....it definitely feels like a BIG loss
[ Edited by Daniel2778 on Oct 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM ]

that 2006 game was that the one where gore was avg. like 4.6 yrds a carry and it was 4th and inches and we decided to go for a field goal? lmao i remember that.

and yes this loss was way easier to swallow, i have always been a smith fan since we drafted him and i enjoyed watching him play. dont get me wrong hill was a good manager and didnt make much mistakes, he threw a ugly i repeat ugly ball but hey i was getting W's. Thats whats important. But if Smith is the guy to get W's lets go with him and I agree with bruce stepping down and just basically coaching them younger WR's lol.

VD,Morgan,Crabtree,Gore= Offensive Success
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
now that AZ beat the giants....it definitely feels like a BIG loss

Yeah you said it......no moral victories in football. There are some signs of progress, but we're now 3-3 and have literally lost 2 games we should have won. I include this game because in that because for me it is not mindboggling that we could not have scored any points in the first half.
If the league kept track of Moral Victories, we'd be the best team in the league right now. But they don't. So what we have is another loss.
Change is good. Sing now has a reason to start Smith over Hill.

There is now hope for our offense.
Originally posted by JMC52:
It def felt like a win to me, It usally takes me a few days to get over a loss, I was excited after the end of the game for things to come(I would have liked the comeback dont get me wronge) But those 3 TDS gave me chills, poor alex has had a rough go at it but he came in under the radar and blew s**t up! To the rest of the season!!!!

Seeing Alex Smith make those plays out there today gave me the chills too, and I have never been a Smith fan b/c he's always been a boy on the field to me. But watching him 2day and listening to his comments after the game...the boy has definitely grown into a man. Great to see. He's paid his dues. Lets give him a shot and get this offense in gear. And get Brandon Jones on the dam field already. We're paying this guy $16million over 5 years and he wasn't even ACTIVE for the game??!!!! WTF. I don't think I've ever seen this happen. Its beyond unbelievable. Crabtree (WOW!), Morgan, Davis, and Jones on the field could be something special. Time to start establishing the future. Make it happen Sing.
Share 49ersWebzone